Author Topic: Stallone on Jim Rome Show - Rocky 6  (Read 3388 times)

thisiskeith12

Stallone on Jim Rome Show - Rocky 6
« on: December 13, 2006, 09:28:01 PM »
For those of you who missed the Jim Rome Show today, Sly Stallone was on during the last 15 minutes and talked about the upcoming movie. Here's some highlights...

-Said he hated the way Rocky 5 ended and didn't want to go out like that. So 5 years after it came out he started working on Rocky 6.

-Before MGM was bought out, the old regime told him they wouldn't let him do another and that the Rocky saga was dead. Stallone even offered to come up with the money himself to do the movie or with outside investors and they still told him no. New regime loved the story and wanted to put it into motion asap.

-Said back in the 70s and 80s, movie companies put out at least 30-40 movies a year, now they are more financially watchful and put out only 10, if even that.

-When they shot the movie in Philly, everyone called him Rocky instead of his real name. Said that Rocky character displays the spirit of everyone in the city of Philly. Amazed that people think of Rocky as an actual human existence, with the way they talk to him and the statue and the buzz, not just some character in a movie.

-Absolutely loves the way the movie plays out and wants to prove he's still "got stuff in the old basement".

-Said he's always stayed in decent shape but starting training for the movie one year out.

Really good interview and Sly came across very sociable, better than some people that get interviewed.

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
Re: Stallone on Jim Rome Show - Rocky 6
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 10:09:25 PM »
Thanks for the info Keith-----I wasnt able to hear the last segment when Sly was on---so thanks again for the info. Can't wait for the movie !!! :)

thisiskeith12

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 10:14:48 PM »
It was a good movie and for the clones here, Sly appearing instantly gives him jungle karma. This movie is gonna be a smash!

Slick Vic

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 04:42:41 AM »
This movie is gonna be a smash!

I hope so. I have high expectations for this film. C'mon Wednesday, hurry up and get here!  8)

thisiskeith12

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 05:59:13 AM »
I hope so. I have high expectations for this film. C'mon Wednesday, hurry up and get here!  8)

I think it will be good, I'm definitely going on Wednesday.

BigWyte

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 08:00:58 AM »
Stallone is surprisingly well-spoken. Still will never acheive the mass appeal and acclaim of his brother....the great Frank Stallone

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 08:19:02 AM »
It was a good interview. Rome always asks good questions. Stallone looked a little odd though. His face looked really bloated, almost like he was on medication or something. Anyone else notice that?

SE
BigNationRadio.com

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 09:20:17 AM »
He's been doing a killer Q&A session over at aint-it-cool.com.  He's answered tons of questions about all the Rocky's, some of his other hits, misses, and of course his soft-core embarrassment.  He's actually funny as hell, really candid, truly answers the questions unlike some pros on this site.  Even funnier is reading the "talkback" section, with all the geeks chiming in just like on this site.  Surprisingly, with all the fan boys on that site, most have been very kind and respectful.  Much better than he gets treated on here.  It's worth a look, especially if you're a huge Rocky fan....

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 09:54:54 AM »
To stir up the pot a little, I just saw footage of him at the premiere of rocky 6 and he either was botoxed up seriously OR juiced to the gills because that was the worst moonface I've probably ever seen lol

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 09:56:33 AM »
To stir up the pot a little, I just saw footage of him at the premiere of rocky 6 and he either was botoxed up seriously OR juiced to the gills because that was the worst moonface I've probably ever seen lol

Yes, but at his age they call it "hormone replacement therapy". :D

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 09:58:55 AM »

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 10:00:32 AM »
Haha did he use synthol in his face?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 10:39:35 AM »
dolph lundgren was at the premier!

damn. does this mean they'll make another dvd-box with all movies  ::)
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 10:41:55 AM »
thanks to the links to aint it cool, never been there before, what kinda site is it and why does sly answer questions there?
Z

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 10:46:42 AM »
thanks to the links to aint it cool, never been there before, what kinda site is it and why does sly answer questions there?
Aintitcoolnews.com is one of the cooler entertainment news sites on the web, ranked around 3000th in website popularity according to Alexa.com - the ultimate resource for gauging website traffic.

Special "Factory Girl" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 10:56:46 AM »

That's a site I found long before I ever started lifting weights.  It's a site dedicated to movies, TV, DVD's, comics, and all the latest on film projects and gossip.  It's run by a fat geek with a beard, but somehow they have enough clout now that they get into early screenings of films, interview stars, and have their own film festival.  They basically represent the movie, sci-fi, and comic book geeks of the world.  They have information way before anybody else does.  Sly's camp actually contacted them, and I thought it was a brilliant move.  He's trying to market the film to all sorts of places, and he actually found quite a following on that site.  The Q&A part is relatively new there, but it's pretty damn cool I think.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 11:00:44 AM »
It was a good interview. Rome always asks good questions. Stallone looked a little odd though. His face looked really bloated, almost like he was on medication or something. Anyone else notice that?

SE
Steroids probably bloated him.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 11:25:47 AM »
That's a site I found long before I ever started lifting weights.  It's a site dedicated to movies, TV, DVD's, comics, and all the latest on film projects and gossip.  It's run by a fat geek with a beard, but somehow they have enough clout now that they get into early screenings of films, interview stars, and have their own film festival.  They basically represent the movie, sci-fi, and comic book geeks of the world.  They have information way before anybody else does.  Sly's camp actually contacted them, and I thought it was a brilliant move.  He's trying to market the film to all sorts of places, and he actually found quite a following on that site.  The Q&A part is relatively new there, but it's pretty damn cool I think.
Heres a recent photo of the owner!

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 11:32:42 AM »
Heres a recent photo of the owner!

Actually that's not too far off.

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 12:58:16 PM »

SE

I noticed the bloated face too.  I thought the color of his face was odd.  Probably the makeup.
Ron Paul 2012

thisiskeith12

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 04:23:37 PM »
The interview I'm talking about occured on the radio. Was Sly on his tv show too?

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 11:43:45 PM »
Stallone is surprisingly well-spoken. Still will never acheive the mass appeal and acclaim of his brother....the great Frank Stallone

Funny stuff !   ;D

big_vic

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • two types of people bodybuiders and everyone else
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006, 06:14:34 AM »
you guys arent being fair with the whole bloated face thing
we are used to seeing sly ripped in a movie so ofcourse his face is sunken in a bit
now he is older and imsure he is not dieting now that the movie is already made
i think that these points i made have more to do with the puffy cheeksthen juice
i am da punisha

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2006, 06:20:15 AM »

HAHA forgot about old Frank.  How the hell dose anyone know who he is again?  I only know cause the would always make fun of him on SNL.