Author Topic: The Amero  (Read 2874 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The Amero
« on: December 14, 2006, 12:43:58 AM »
It's a proposed money which will be comparable to the Euro, only for US/CAN/MEX should the dollar collapse here in the coming year or two.

While at the time it would be sold as "an improvement for trading, etc", it would be used to subsidize/save the struggling dollar, which mathematically only possesses 2% of it's initial worth from 1913, when the Fed was born and money was matched with gold.  Those days are long gone.

Anyway, it's something to keep your eyes on.  The fed kept interest rates steady for the 5th straight time this week.  To raise them will kill the dollar, and to lower them will completely flatten the real estate market.  It's seriously looking like a  hurtin' is coming for the economy, and Jan 2, 2007 could be a very cloudy day for those with portfolios.

Be wise and keep your eyes open, fellow americans and getbig timewasters :)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: The Amero
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 08:36:49 AM »
The good thing is that the dollar is still so much stronger than the peso.  It would mean tha Mexico standard for economy would rise and our dollar would be wweaker there.  Or at least this is how i read it.  Which means the outsources of manufacturing jobs to mexico would be more expensive and thus Costs of goods would increase.  If i remember correctly the opposite would be true for Canada.  I'm not sure what our trading is like with Canada.