Author Topic: Opinion on training partners of the opposite sex......  (Read 5053 times)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Opinion on training partners of the opposite sex......
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:06:21 PM »
Would you do it?  Got asked this week by this same girl who asked me like 6 months ago.  She has been hitting it hard this entire time so she has the dedication.  Had a few females work with me in the past.....always turned into drama it seems.  Plus theres the safety issues when you go heavy.....shrugs.  I dunno.  Im too nice to say lets try it out for a couple weeks and then have to tell her I dont wanna if it doesnt work. 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Opinion on training partners of the opposite sex......
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 05:11:51 PM »
Why would you train with a girl? They are weak. Thats absurd.
E

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 02:44:06 AM »
Well you can't fail a lift in front of a girl and I am sure you would add a few kgs to the bar to impress her.Also there may be a chance of some extra cardio ;)

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 03:34:03 AM »
Personally, I don't care if they are male or female. But when I'm training it's all about lifting, I'm doing a job. No time to flirt, talk on the cell phone etc...I didn't get to be a pro powerlifter (3 state records and one world record) and a national level bodybuilding competitor by jacking my jaw in the gym. 'Nuf said.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 04:37:57 AM »
Would you do it?  Got asked this week by this same girl who asked me like 6 months ago.  She has been hitting it hard this entire time so she has the dedication.  Had a few females work with me in the past.....always turned into drama it seems.  Plus theres the safety issues when you go heavy.....shrugs.  I dunno.  Im too nice to say lets try it out for a couple weeks and then have to tell her I dont wanna if it doesnt work. 
Best spotters I had were women, beacause they donīt have enough stregnth to help in some exercises, so I know that I was doing the exercise by myself.  ;D
S

BDG

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 06:35:58 AM »
If the woman was serious about lifting, and she knew how to properly spot....  It would be great.

It is HARD enough to get a training partner who doesn't dissappear after 3 months....

After all, She is SPOTTING you on the lift, NOT DOING UPRIGHT ROWS.....

I hate that.  Use a weight you can get 6 good reps with, and possibly need a little "assistance" on the last rep.

OSC

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 07:25:27 AM »
I know....thast why im not conerned with strength cause it doesnt take much to knock out a few more reps after failure......if your lifting right IMO.  But like I said, she has been dedicated for 6 months, shrugs. 

BDG

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 07:28:08 AM »
I know....thast why im not conerned with strength cause it doesnt take much to knock out a few more reps after failure......if your lifting right IMO.  But like I said, she has been dedicated for 6 months, shrugs. 
Why not give her a 2 day trial run, and see if she Motivates and or pushes you.
After all that is what a true training partner is for...
And besides...

The only thing I can see you needing a spot for is any type of bench, and military press...

And if you are using dbells, you can just Drop them.....  What do you have to lose?
OSC

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 02:34:46 AM »
If you train LIKE a girl... train WITH a girl.

The Luke

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 11:10:52 AM »
If you train LIKE a girl... train WITH a girl.

The Luke

I'm not sexest.  I have known more than a few females who have more dedication, discipline and intensity than most of the guys in the gym.......and thats more valuable then if they can keep up with you strengthwise.   

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 01:30:01 AM »
I'm not sexest.  I have known more than a few females who have more dedication, discipline and intensity than most of the guys in the gym.......and thats more valuable then if they can keep up with you strengthwise.   

Kudos! You are a real man.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 03:44:01 PM »
Personally, I don't care if they are male or female. But when I'm training it's all about lifting, I'm doing a job. No time to flirt, talk on the cell phone etc...I didn't get to be a pro powerlifter (3 state records and one world record) and a national level bodybuilding competitor by jacking my jaw in the gym. 'Nuf said.

I love you  ;D  Seriously though I wish we could lift together....it would be great to see a women more determined (and much stronger) then me in the weight room.

GB-I'll be in Nebraska all next week (23rd-29th) let me know if you want to lift, even though I am a "girl"
Jennifer

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 10:30:23 PM »
I love you  ;D  Seriously though I wish we could lift together....it would be great to see a women more determined (and much stronger) then me in the weight room.

GB-I'll be in Nebraska all next week (23rd-29th) let me know if you want to lift, even though I am a "girl"

Thanks for the props my sister in iron. If we could, we would. It would be a pleasure to lift with someone who doesn't have 5 o'clock shadow (or a hairy back) for a change... ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 06:47:10 AM »
hahahahaa, ok "buffgoddess". ::)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 07:48:03 AM »
hahahahaa, ok "buffgoddess". ::)

Your right, it must be hard for you to imagine people who are actually successful at bodybuilding/powerlifting posting on this board.  Maybe if you guys realized this was a bodybuilding forum and not a place to talk about how gay you all are you would realize this.
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 08:25:06 AM »
Yeah, I am going to need some motivation when I am out there as my reasons for being there aren't all teddy bears and gum drops.  Hopefully I will be able to hook up with Tamee as well.  It is essential I don't get behind on my training as the past two months have already had some gaps.   
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 08:33:12 AM »
yes to both (I think)
Jennifer

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 08:42:49 AM »
LMAO at this whole thread!
just push some weight!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 06:24:23 AM »
love female training partners..specially when they lean over to spot on bench press , its motivating.

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 11:55:29 AM »
would you trust a woman ? one minute she'll be ther then next lookin in the mirror adjustin her makeup

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2006, 12:35:24 PM »
would you trust a woman ? one minute she'll be ther then next lookin in the mirror adjustin her makeup

As long as its between sets and she wears deoderant.....I dont give a s**t.  But thats just me.

wgtnmuscle1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 09:39:56 PM »
well
i would rather have a woman for a training partner then men
it doesnt matter if she doesnt train as heavy
but she can push you more
i have had 2 women in the past as training partners and they push me so hard
it was great :):):)