Author Topic: stand down order...  (Read 2292 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
stand down order...
« on: December 14, 2006, 07:56:22 PM »
No Stand-Down Order
CLAIM: No fighter jets were scrambled from any of the 28 Air Force bases within close range of the four hijacked flights. "On 11 September Andrews had two squadrons of fighter jets with the job of protecting the skies over Washington D.C.," says the Web site emperors-clothes.com. "They failed to do their job." "There is only one explanation for this," writes Mark R. Elsis of StandDown.net. "Our Air Force was ordered to Stand Down on 9/11."

FACT: On 9/11 there were only 14 fighter jets on alert in the contiguous 48 states. No computer network or alarm automatically alerted the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD) of missing planes. "They [civilian Air Traffic Control, or ATC] had to pick up the phone and literally dial us," says Maj. Douglas Martin, public affairs officer for NORAD. Boston Center, one of 22 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regional ATC facilities, called NORAD's Northeast Air Defense Sector (NEADS) three times: at 8:37 am EST to inform NEADS that Flight 11 was hijacked; at 9:21 am to inform the agency, mistakenly, that Flight 11 was headed for Washington (the plane had hit the North Tower 35 minutes earlier); and at 9:41 am to (erroneously) identify Delta Air Lines Flight 1989 from Boston as a possible hijacking. The New York ATC called NEADS at 9:03 am to report that United Flight 175 had been hijacked--the same time the plane slammed into the South Tower. Within minutes of that first call from Boston Center, NEADS scrambled two F-15s from Otis Air Force Base in Falmouth, Mass., and three F-16s from Langley Air National Guard Base in Hampton, Va. None of the fighters got anywhere near the pirated planes.

Why couldn't ATC find the hijacked flights? When the hijackers turned off the planes' transponders, which broadcast identifying signals, ATC had to search 4500 identical radar blips crisscrossing some of the country's busiest air corridors. And NORAD's sophisticated radar? It ringed the continent, looking outward for threats, not inward. "It was like a doughnut," Martin says. "There was no coverage in the middle." Pre-9/11, flights originating in the States were not seen as threats and NORAD wasn't prepared to track them.

Valhalla awaits.

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: stand down order...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 09:15:19 PM »
its a lie? or are is it possible your CT sites are lying?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 09:17:19 PM »
even if they did intercept the planes. what would you have liked them to do? shoot them down?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 09:20:46 PM »
its a lie? or are is it possible your CT sites are lying?
WWWHWHHHHAAAATTT??? could you possibly be implying that 240's info may have been falsified by someone trying to drum up a "conspiracy" whoa it just doesn't seem like anyone would go so far as to lie to get others to believe their point of view. (heavy sarcasm noted) ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 09:32:01 PM »
so why then is it a consperacy that the plane in pa was shot down?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 09:32:27 PM »
Yes, that is standard procedure for hijacked planes which pose a threat to buildings.  Especially after planes 1 and 2 hit the towers.  The order would have been absolute shootdowns, without question.

wasting my time here I see.

and the info i quote is from the 911 commission report you illiterate non-researchers. 
:P ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 09:34:37 PM »
Yes, that is standard procedure for hijacked planes which pose a threat to buildings.  Especially after planes 1 and 2 hit the towers.  The order would have been absolute shootdowns, without question.

wasting my time here I see.

and the info i quote is from the 911 commission report you illiterate non-researchers. 

so your getting your info from the 911 commision report? is this the same report you claim is invalid? the same report you say is full of lies? and if this report is good enough for you to get your info from, why are you demanding another investigation?