Author Topic: Russia's latest missiles  (Read 3906 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Russia's latest missiles
« on: December 14, 2006, 08:00:13 PM »
MOSCOW - President        Vladimir Putin on Thursday inspected Russia's top-of-the line intercontinental ballistic missiles, hailing their ability to penetrate prospective missile defenses.

Washington withdrew in 2002 from the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty in order to deploy a national missile defense shield — a move opposed by Russia, which described the it as destabilizing and harmful for global security.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061214/ap_on_re_eu/russia_missiles

Well, some people said withdrawing from the anti ballistic missle treaty would start a new arms race,  :-\  I didn't enjoy the first cold war, now we've started WWIII and a new cold war with Russia.  happy happy joy joy.... ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Russia's latest missiles
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 08:29:45 PM »
People still care about Russia?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 10:51:24 PM »
Russia is currupt without the ability to readily make use of their resources. They are getting better. Society is dominated by currupt officials, the new rich and the Mafiya. They derive income from weapon sales etc but not like they used to. They could be a threat in a few years as Putin drives them more toward totalitarian rule. I miss the cold war..things were safer.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 11:07:05 PM »
every nation is corrupt.  *someone* is cleaning up their loose ends and shooting all the nosy reporters. 

no way were things safer in the cold war.
To bad, It could have gone in a much better direction.  I really thought we were about to enter into a new era for mankind at the end of the cold war... How fucking naive. ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »
i found it incredible how quick they recovered from bankruptcy.  they're a legit force in the future despite being written off. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 11:14:22 PM »
Russia has extreme natural resources, their governmental semi-owned natural gas company Gazprom puts enormous money back into Russia.

Russia has re-vitalized, still is in change, but in 10 years, Russia will have a completely new outlook.

The democracy is however, suffering.

For the Bush Adminstration to break old treaties, will not give the USA any upper hand, only make Russia start arm up again.

Slick fcuking move, Bush. :'(

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 11:27:56 PM »
i found it incredible how quick they recovered from bankruptcy.  they're a legit force in the future despite being written off. 
LOL, actually you can thank Delay for that.

Probably the most incendiary material in the Post story was buried, beginning in paragraph 32. The former president of the U.S. Family Network, a pastor no less, actually says that Buckham explained to him in 1999 that a $1 million payment passed through to the organization was intended specifically to influence DeLay's 1998 vote on a bill that enabled the International Monetary Fund to use U.S. taxpayer monies, in part, to bail out the Russian economy and specific wealthy Russian investors involved with the scheme.

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/2006/01/04/to_russia_love_tom_delay.php

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 12:12:38 AM »

Due to Putin and his incredibly tough/facist policies.  Looks like thats what the Russians need
It hasn't helped...

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 05:16:04 AM »
To bad, It could have gone in a much better direction.  I really thought we were about to enter into a new era for mankind at the end of the cold war... How fucking naive. ::)

Me too. I read some stories about how Russia had an emerging middle class. I really thought that being Europeans democracy would flourish. Now what it looks like is Communism never really fell. They just changed the name of the party.
The House that Ruth built

sandycoosworth

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 08:02:44 AM »
Russia is debt free and seriously dangerous in the next 20 years.  They are rebuilding quietly and more quickly than peolpe believed they would.

russia's population has shrunk 15 million people since the collapse of communism...

the united states has courted all the former soviet eastern european countries to ensure they dont return to communism any times soon

amreeka also cultivated the rise of islamic fundamentalism in the stans to bolster their sense of nationalism and ensure thye never go back to communism

any nation with bombs and 150+ million people can cause shit, but russia will not likely ever regain its #2 spot, china and india are the heir apparents ;)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 08:22:01 AM »
Me too. I read some stories about how Russia had an emerging middle class. I really thought that being Europeans democracy would flourish. Now what it looks like is Communism never really fell. They just changed the name of the party.

Communism? It's a wild west free market out there..

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 04:12:35 PM »

Camel, the Chinese proved you can seperate your economy from your ideology. Also if stealing businesses that were privatized in the early 90's and taken back by the state ain't communism what is?

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 04:18:12 PM »
I miss may day parades, comrades

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 04:26:29 PM »
China seems to have no problem taking advantage of the wild west free market with no intention of moving away from communism.  Ditto of bmacsys

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 10:03:08 PM »
Russia isn't the problem

China is.

And anything the Russians do to build up will have to take China in consideration.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 08:53:58 AM »
Russia isn't the problem

China is.

And anything the Russians do to build up will have to take China in consideration.

Ozmo, care to explain this further?