Author Topic: Ex-Rep. Barr Quits GOP for Libertarians  (Read 2990 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Ex-Rep. Barr Quits GOP for Libertarians
« on: December 16, 2006, 11:08:30 AM »
 former Georgia congressman who helped spark President Clinton's impeachment has quit the Republican Party to become a Libertarian, saying he is disillusioned with the GOP on issues such as spending and privacy.
Bob Barr, who served eight years as a Republican congressman before losing his seat in 2002, announced Friday that he is now a "proud, card-carrying Libertarian." And he encouraged others to join him.

"It's something that's been bothering me for quite some time, the direction in which the party has been going more and more toward big government and disregard toward privacy and civil liberties," said Barr, 58, a lawyer and consultant living in Atlanta. "In terms of where the country needs to be going to get back to our constitutional roots ... I've come to the conclusion that the only way to do that is to work with a party that practices what it preaches, and that is the Libertarian Party."

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/15/D8M1ILB00.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Ex-Rep. Barr Quits GOP for Libertarians
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 11:33:10 AM »
The biggest loon in Congress along with Cynthia McKinney.  Shame on voters who put both of those crackpots in office.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 03:09:17 PM »
Bob who??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 05:12:53 PM »
Why group him with her?  LOL @ being unable to let the fact stand alone that Repubs elected him 4 times.

Predictable.  Given something about the repubs you pull a left wing lib into the convo.

The real question should be - what is Barr talking about when he says he was driven from the party by Republican spending and privacy issues?

And have you ever declared Barr a loon before today, or is it only once a person leaves the party that you can see his madness?

What the heck are you talking about?  I'll "group" people in any way I deem fit.  You upset because I called the only nut in Congress who said Bush knew about 911 is going home? 

I've never liked Barr.  He's a doofus.  So is McKinney. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 10:45:22 PM »
YAWN.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 10:54:37 PM »
O.K.  That's a little funny.   :)  Is that the best you can do? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 10:58:04 PM »
Beach is a man on a mission ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 11:07:05 PM »
Nah.  Just bored.  House is empty.  Friends are overseas or off doing other things.  Watched a movie.  Watched UH basketball (very sloppy game).  I think I'll go watch History of the World Part I in a few minutes.  Assuming, of course, that I cannot stir any feathers around here.   :)  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 11:07:43 PM »
beach bum, please stop sending me these PMs.

Wasn't sure if you'd gotten them. . . .

OneBigMan

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 08:49:10 AM »
Bob Barr is the perfect example as to why I now reject the notion that hardline people who have remained in the once great GOP challenge others with the question as to are you really a republican. I still am confused by the idea of what you are supposed to seriously believe in order to be a very republican type of american. It is as if you can't second guess the party at all if you are unclear about specific subjects. Why can't anyone like Hannity be very open and honest about what's really going on since Senator Lott made the controversial comments at the event to honor Strom Thurman after the 2002 mid term elections.
I'm not going to blindly follow the rhetoric of mad republicanism based on name calling and polarizing people based on what is or is not political correctness and what the definition of being unpatriotic is >:(

OneBigMan

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 10:36:47 AM »
Rush should have already been forced to admit that being a republican means to always be a controlling constrictative rather than simply a compassionate conservative >:(