Author Topic: Natural BB 6ft tall weight?  (Read 6378 times)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
Natural BB 6ft tall weight?
« on: December 16, 2006, 01:30:58 PM »
What is a decent goal weight of a 100% natural 34yr old male, 6ft tall to be @ 8-10% body fat with bad genetics?Definitely a small bone structure, small forearms and wrists.

What would you consider to be achieveable 100% naturally given the proper diet/training/rest and the above stats?

thanks

cauthon

• Getbig II
  • Craig Killed for you Bitches
Re: Natural BB 6ft tall weight?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 07:09:21 PM »
What is a decent goal weight of a 100% natural 34yr old male, 6ft tall to be @ 8-10% body fat with bad genetics?Definitely a small bone structure, small forearms and wrists.

What would you consider to be achieveable 100% naturally given the proper diet/training/rest and the above stats?

thanks

Small Bone structure does now mean bad genetics. You need to get positive and set your own goals. As a rough guide (based on your self description) I would say 185-190 lbs depending on how much effort you are willing to put in.

Casey Butt

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 07:23:17 PM »
What's your wrist measurement?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:50:17 PM »
What's your wrist measurement?

Just barely 7"

thanks for all the info :)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 08:52:12 PM »
Small Bone structure does now mean bad genetics. You need to get positive and set your own goals. As a rough guide (based on your self description) I would say 185-190 lbs depending on how much effort you are willing to put in.

what I meant by "bad genetics" is that I am an ecto with endomorphic tendencies.  I gain muscle very slowly but put on fat very fast. I can lose muscle very easily but have a hard time losing fat.

I have been working out 10 yrs and finally able to get to 191 %10 body fat folloing a strict BB type diet.

Thanks again!

Casey Butt

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 06:08:49 AM »
what I meant by "bad genetics" is that I am an ecto with endomorphic tendencies.  I gain muscle very slowly but put on fat very fast. I can lose muscle very easily but have a hard time losing fat.

Join the club. ;)

Grinch, for you to carry the same level of muscle mass as a typical drug-free champion you'd max out at roughly 197 @ 10% b.f. That's an estimate based on a lot of drug-free champs over a lot of years.

People with ectomorphic bone structures typically have a hard time reaching that maximum, so you're finding yourself about 6 lbs short of that mark after 10 years of training. I'd say a big congratulations are in order! Scaled for height and bone structure, you've reached 97% of the muscle mass that the best in the game have (this is a very common plateau point for ectomorphs).

Now you have a choice of busting your ass in search of those last few pounds that are theoretically attainable (at least by a person with good genetics), or you can perfect what you have now.

After over 15 years I find myself in the same situation as you -- right to the pound ...but I'm going after those last 5 pounds. :)

In either case, you've probably developed over 30 lbs of muscle more than when you started and increased your lean body mass by close to 25%. You're an example of a drug-free success story.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 01:50:12 PM »
Join the club. ;)

Grinch, for you to carry the same level of muscle mass as a typical drug-free champion you'd max out at roughly 197 @ 10% b.f. That's an estimate based on a lot of drug-free champs over a lot of years.

People with ectomorphic bone structures typically have a hard time reaching that maximum, so you're finding yourself about 6 lbs short of that mark after 10 years of training. I'd say a big congratulations are in order! Scaled for height and bone structure, you've reached 97% of the muscle mass that the best in the game have (this is a very common plateau point for ectomorphs).

Now you have a choice of busting your ass in search of those last few pounds that are theoretically attainable (at least by a person with good genetics), or you can perfect what you have now.

After over 15 years I find myself in the same situation as you -- right to the pound ...but I'm going after those last 5 pounds. :)

In either case, you've probably developed over 30 lbs of muscle more than when you started and increased your lean body mass by close to 25%. You're an example of a drug-free success story.

thanks for the kind words....

Good luck to you in your goals :)

BigDave81

• Getbig II
  • Back it up!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 09:45:33 PM »
Those are around my stats and I am 25 and hopfully will be coming in at 205, and I am a lifetime natural.
Natural 4 life!