Author Topic: Cytomel at start or end of cycle?  (Read 1665 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Cytomel at start or end of cycle?
« on: December 18, 2006, 12:57:38 PM »
If you are to add a few weeks of cytomel to a 12 week precontest diet is it advisable to take it at the start or end?

From what I read some pros take it at the end in hopes of burning that extra bit of fat while others claim it is good at the start to help kick start your metabolism for your 12 week diet.

Any opinions on which method works best?

reppin203

• Getbig II
  • they all talk fast but they all think slow
Re: Cytomel at start or end of cycle?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 02:06:23 PM »
personally, I'd say the end. You don't want to be rebounding when coming into your show. That being said, it might not be a bad idea to run it most if not all the way thru the 12 weeker. I ran cytomel for 10 weeks this past spring with fantastic results.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 03:16:18 PM »
Run it the last 6wks tapering up and back down. Later down the road you might experiment with other options, i.e. longer duration, but learn how it effects you first.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 12:05:30 AM »
If you are to add a few weeks of cytomel to a 12 week precontest diet is it advisable to take it at the start or end?

From what I read some pros take it at the end in hopes of burning that extra bit of fat while others claim it is good at the start to help kick start your metabolism for your 12 week diet.

Any opinions on which method works best?

Always do a test cycle first to see how T3 affects you....

If it works as expected, you should taper it up leading up to the contest and taper it back down following....

Don't go past 150MCG ed.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

BigIronMike25

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 06:48:33 AM »
pay close attn to what Div says as this stuff is pretty potent, theres no denying the shit works well (as i used it durin my last comp prep)...however the sides for me were almost unbearable...constant trembling and extreme sweating even while just sitting , and the whole time felt like my heart was racing and this was just at 75mcg., keep in mind that i was running 120mcg of clen with it so im sure that was part of it also.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 07:21:36 AM »
pay close attn to what Div says as this stuff is pretty potent, theres no denying the shit works well (as i used it durin my last comp prep)...however the sides for me were almost unbearable...constant trembling and extreme sweating even while just sitting , and the whole time felt like my heart was racing and this was just at 75mcg., keep in mind that i was running 120mcg of clen with it so im sure that was part of it also.

2 schools of thought are taking them together or taking clen and T3 separatly.  I have read some good arguments for both.  It is intersting that you topped out at 75 mcg where some people claim to peak up to 100 before tapering back down.

BigIronMike25

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 06:43:43 AM »
2 schools of thought are taking them together or taking clen and T3 separatly.  I have read some good arguments for both.  It is intersting that you topped out at 75 mcg where some people claim to peak up to 100 before tapering back down.

yeh it surprised me too....but i have very sensitive system, a cup of coffee sends me thru the roof and ephedra was a total nightmare!  Every one is different, a powerlifting buddy of mine drinks coffee all day long and pops ephedra like candy and it doesnt affect him.  and the great Arnoldjr has been known to take 3 no-doz before leg day (600mg caffeine)...lol

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 11:21:35 AM »
and the great Arnoldjr has been known to take 3 no-doz before leg day (600mg caffeine)...lol
That's nothing LOL. I once took 1,600mg of caffeine before legs, a bit much even for me haha.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 05:45:36 PM »

Michael,

I've run both separately.....

The Clen is responsible for the heart palpitations and other cardiac symptoms, the T3 will increase thermogenesis, which combined with the added heat from the Clen will only make it worse.

You're really playing with fire if you run Clen and T3 at optimal dosages together during pre-contest prep.

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 07:48:51 PM »

You're really playing with fire if you run Clen and T3 at optimal dosages together during pre-contest prep.

DIV
Elaborate.^

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 10:30:21 PM »
Elaborate.^

Clen@120MCG ed + T3@150MCG ed = extreme thermogenesis, which depending on the individual might not be well tolerated.

With these two drugs, the higher end doses provide the best results albeit with higher risk involved.

That's not even accounting for DNP and the complications that accompany it.

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 10:39:12 PM »
Clen@120MCG ed + T3@150MCG ed = extreme thermogenesis, which depending on the individual might not be well tolerated.

With these two drugs, the higher end doses provide the best results albeit with higher risk involved.

That's not even accounting for DNP and the complications that accompany it.

DIV
Depending on the individual, yes you are correct. I've run that exact same dosage with both drugs at the same time problem free, but I'd agree, others might not be so fortunate.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2006, 11:54:19 PM »
Depending on the individual, yes you are correct. I've run that exact same dosage with both drugs at the same time problem free, but I'd agree, others might not be so fortunate.

I've never had anyone who I've designed a cycle for go over those amounts, esp if they're using higher end dosages of AAS, diuretics.

Too much stress on the body.....

DIV