Author Topic: Treasonous Officer Just Can't Keep His Mouth Shut  (Read 21477 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Treasonous Officer Just Can't Keep His Mouth Shut
« on: December 18, 2006, 03:35:18 PM »
Part of his charges include comments he made in public about the war.  What an idoit.

Iraq war critics Lt. Watada, Ann Wright to share stage

Advertiser Staff

Army 1st Lt. Ehren Watada, who faces a court-martial for his challenge to war in Iraq, and Ann Wright, a retired Army colonel who resigned from the U.S. Foreign Service in 2003 to protest the war, will share the stage tomorrow night at the Church of the Crossroads.
Watada will talk about his case and Wright, of Honolulu, will discuss her protest experiences and thoughts on the country's political direction. The event is organized by the World Can't Wait-Hawai'i.

Watada's pre-trial hearing is set for Jan. 4. The 1996 Kalani High School graduate faces a court-martial early next year on charges of missing a troop movement and conduct unbecoming an officer for comments he made concerning the Bush administration's reasons for going to war in Iraq. If convicted of all charges, he could be sentenced to six years confinement and be dismissed from the service.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Dec/18/br/br8260795314.html

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Re: Treasonous Officer Just Can't Keep His Mouth Shut
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 03:41:15 PM »
in almost all of history he would have been hung by now: that is, if he didn't try to work out with the army something where he would not be in a combat role but still serve. I dont know his deal.
Valhalla awaits.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 05:10:21 PM »
Beach Bum calling another American our for being "treasonous", for using his first amendment rights.

incredible.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 05:25:40 PM »
Says the man who has never spent a day on active duty and obviously doesn't know squat about the UCMJ or the First Amendment.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 05:42:38 PM »
Says the man who has never spent a day on active duty and obviously doesn't know squat about the UCMJ or the First Amendment.   ::)

Go finish high school, simpleton.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 06:08:32 PM »
Go finish high school, simpleton.

LOL.  Go get some more mail order degrees.  240:  proof positive that "education" does not equal intelligence.

But hey you are the man who will blow the whistle on the whole moon thing.  LOL. 

And . . . . you still don't know squat about the UCMJ or the First Amendment.  But that's never stopped you from waxing eloquent.   ::)   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:17:18 PM »
LOL.  Go get some more mail order degrees.  240:  proof positive that "education" does not equal intelligence.

But hey you are the man who will blow the whistle on the whole moon thing.  LOL. 

And . . . . you still don't know squat about the UCMJ or the First Amendment.  But that's never stopped you from waxing eloquent.   ::)   

I've tried explaining my degree was from a major university's business school, which had a pretty tough accredidation that only 25% of b schools attain.  You call it a mail order degree, and that's an outright lie.

Does it hurt your ego to know that you offer lies while I speak the truth? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 07:12:31 PM »
I've tried explaining my degree was from a major university's business school, which had a pretty tough accredidation that only 25% of b schools attain.  You call it a mail order degree, and that's an outright lie.

Does it hurt your ego to know that you offer lies while I speak the truth? 

YAWN.   ::)  Dude you just might be the biggest fib teller on this board.  That's why people, including me, don't trust your information or your sources. 

Here is something they probably didn't teach you at correspondence school:  "lucid interval."  That's your phrase of the day.  Go look it up.  That's what I see with you whenever I read this board.  Sometimes you act like a nut (e.g., the moon conspiracy), sometimes you don't (e.g., talking intelligently about some political issues).

Anyone remember the Mounds candy bar commercial?   ;D   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 07:15:27 PM »
BB,

When you outright dismiss things you don't understand, it cheapens the argument.

Perhaps we should have to explain the OTHER'S point of view.  I'd love to see you try to detail the statistical anomaly that was the 2004 election. 

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 07:37:05 PM »
Many people think that the polling was inaccurate.
I.E. not taken from a broad enough set of demographics and too heavily skewed by large urban polling.

This type of skewing happens all the time and can lead to really wacky findings.

These poor polling methods are the fault of the pollsters and they should be looking for new jobs.

Also if you look at any poll they will give an accuracy based on a certain amount of times out 10.
Something like this poll is accurate to 4%, 9 times out of 10%.
This due to the fact that not all errors can be accounted for and these errors can really skew results.

I thought you would know this, because it is in university stats classes.
Z

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 08:37:36 PM »
BB,

When you outright dismiss things you don't understand, it cheapens the argument.

Perhaps we should have to explain the OTHER'S point of view.  I'd love to see you try to detail the statistical anomaly that was the 2004 election. 

Catch me on one of your sane days (during a lucid interval) and maybe we could have a discussion.   ::) 

You're starting to bore me. . . .

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 09:43:43 PM »
Children...would u two stop :P..this was a good thread Beach..lets get back to the topic. This kids is a shit head.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 10:14:22 PM »
Children...would u two stop :P..this was a good thread Beach..lets get back to the topic. This kids is a shit head.

I agree.  I'm sorry.  I'll behave.   ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 10:49:30 PM »

:) aw shucks, headhunter.  you always bring the reason back to things.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 05:24:34 AM »
when you are active duty in the military you cannot speak out like this.  it is part of the deal when you sign up.  if you speak out people will think you represent the army as a whole wehn you dont
Valhalla awaits.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 05:59:09 AM »
He's afraid..nothing at all wrong with that. Bur when ur a leader and u puss out on your soldiers then thats a major problem. He has nothing against the war..he's afraid to go. There are plenty of folks who hate being here/there..but they go because its what they signed up for....this kid is a puss plain and simple.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 07:47:57 AM »
Completely agree.  And I think the way he analyzes this is he'd rather spend a few years at Fort Leavenworth than possibly die in war.  I believe he is artillery?  I'm hopeful they will give him the max punishment.  They not only have to hold this coward accountable, they need to send a message to anyone else who might be thinking about this.   

Here is how I feel about the guy, along with every military person I've spoken with about this (from his "town hall meeting last night):

"I don't want to hear the guy's name," said retired Marine Lt. Col. Gary Meyers of Honolulu. "I know of no officer in my group of contacts that supports, in any way, what he did. We all feel the same way."

http://starbulletin.com/2006/12/19/news/story05.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 10:00:01 AM »
"I don't want to hear the guy's name," said retired Marine Lt. Col. Gary Meyers of Honolulu. "I know of no officer in my group of contacts that supports, in any way, what he did. We all feel the same way."

What a dumb shit.

He has no idea what ALL his men think.

This man broke rules he agreed to, by speaking, and deserves the consequences he agreed to.

but for this lt. to tell us the thoughts of his men is just dumb.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 10:03:21 AM »
What a dumb shit.

He has no idea what ALL his men think.

This man broke rules he agreed to, by speaking, and deserves the consequences he agreed to.

but for this lt. to tell us the thoughts of his men is just dumb.

"retired Marine Lt. Col. Gary Meyers of Honolulu"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 10:06:04 AM »
"retired Marine Lt. Col. Gary Meyers of Honolulu"

Which makes him every LESS likely to know the thoughts of those serving.

Seriously, his statement was just dumb.  Every officer in his group of contacts: "We all feel the same way."  Can he document that.  Source?  Jeez, you put stock in a retired military man's take on his friends opinions but won't look at...

eh, fuck it.  go bury your head in the sand.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 10:16:06 AM »
Here is what you said:  "He has no idea what ALL his men think.  This man broke rules he agreed to, by speaking, and deserves the consequences he agreed to.  but for this lt. to tell us the thoughts of his men is just dumb. " 

First sentence:  he is retired so he doesn't have any "men."  Second sentence:  doesn't make any sense.  Third sentence:  again, he doesn't have any "men."  He's talking about what other retired military personnel have to say about this.     

This retired officer expressed what I believe the overwhelming majority of the active duty and retired military believe.  I had lunch with a member of Watada's Hawaii "team" a couple weeks ago and I think she understands this is the sentiment among the military too.  They know it's an uphill battle.   

I interact with a lot of active duty and retired military in Hawaii and I have yet to encounter a single one of them who supports Watada. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 10:26:28 AM »
To speak any anti-war sentiment would quickly get any military man branded and isolated very quickly.  You know this. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 10:34:13 AM »
That's not true.  To get in front of a microphone, like that idiot Watada, will land you trouble.  Speaking in private does not.  I know several members of the military (officers and enlisted) who do not believe we should be in Iraq.  They have expressed that to me privately.  But one thing they will not do is send their brothers and sisters in harm's way, while they hide behind some "moral" objection to the war.   

Watada is a coward. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 07:28:39 AM »
From his public appearance last night:

He called the war in Iraq an illegal war of aggression.

He quoted Nazi Germany's Hermann Goering, who said while the common people are usually not willing to go to war, "all you have to do is tell them they are being attacked."

Watada said the American people were deceived by the Bush administration, which manipulated intelligence to fit policy and regime change in Iraq.

"We have been lied to, deceived and betrayed," he said. "A crime has been committed against the constitution."

http://starbulletin.com/2006/12/20/news/story11.html

Idiot!  I can't believe this kid.  I'm sure his lawyers advised him not to do this.  I'm actually a little relieved he's not on the battlefield.  Somebody this stupid and cowardly would get people killed.   

If I could wave a magic wand, I would make him serve his prison time in Iraq.