Author Topic: Academic to be Tried for Attending Holocaust Conference  (Read 2019 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Academic to be Tried for Attending Holocaust Conference
« on: December 19, 2006, 12:24:03 AM »
Academic to be Tried for Attending Holocaust Conference
By Ali Ihsan Aydin, Paris
Friday, December 15, 2006
zaman.com

Robert Faurisson, a French academic who attended an Iranian conference questioning the Jewish Holocaust, could face legal punishment.

Robert Faurisson might be brought to court as a result of the comments he made at the "unacceptable" Tehran gathering, French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy said.

The foreign minister said the French academic was previously taken to court and banned from teaching at universities for his attitude toward the holocaust.

The French academic, who attended the conference titled “Review of the Holocaust: Global Vision” held by Iranian Foreign Ministry Foreign Policy Center, was previously convicted for denying the holocaust five times in his country.

The conference was attended by 67 scholars from 30 countries and found “unacceptable” by the European Union and the United States. Tehran was condemned for allowing it to take place.

Professor Faurisson had sparked reactions for his open letter “The Rumor of Auschwitz,” published in Le Monde.

The French academic was given a three month prison term and fined €7,500 for an interview with Iranian TV channel Sahar 1 in October.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Academic to be Tried for Attending Holocaust Conference
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 05:33:04 AM »
it boggles the mind that 'questioning the holocaust' is a crime in some countries. 

if ya got nothing to hide...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 05:40:55 AM »
Yea, I'm against silencing people like that...  If these buttheads want to go have an anti-Semitic circle jerk in Iran, what the fuck ever... If you can't tell people why the guy's idea is wrong and have to resort to just making such thoughts illegal, well....  That doesn't say much for your side of things...  I've many times thought we would be better off silencing people like Rush but well, that sounds nice but I gotta say no, that's not freedom and not American. :P

sandycoosworth

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 06:50:06 AM »
speaking as someone who had probably dozens of relatives killed in der hollowcost, i am disgusted that someones opinion can land them into jail

that is nazism

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 06:56:25 AM »
Welcome to Canada.
The hate laws here can land you in jail for propagating the denial of the holocaust.
Z

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 09:05:36 PM »
denial of holocaust is one of the few things that i would even consider worthy of being prohibited, mainly because those who do such things know all too well the truthful horrors of the holocaust but are denying it for some other motive

and sandy, murdering millions of people, starting world wars, brainwashing children, leaving continents in rubble-that is Nazism
Valhalla awaits.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 09:10:42 PM »
anyone catch 60 minutes this sunday...about the biggest archive of holocaust records

interesting to see how meticulous the records were that the nazi beauracrats kept.  watching emotional reactions of peole lookin at their own files and signatures was interesting
Valhalla awaits.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 09:26:07 PM »
anyone catch 60 minutes this sunday...about the biggest archive of holocaust records

interesting to see how meticulous the records were that the nazi beauracrats kept.  watching emotional reactions of peole lookin at their own files and signatures was interesting
Thanks IBM  :P

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 09:31:03 PM »
denial of holocaust is one of the few things that i would even consider worthy of being prohibited, mainly because those who do such things know all too well the truthful horrors of the holocaust but are denying it for some other motive

and sandy, murdering millions of people, starting world wars, brainwashing children, leaving continents in rubble-that is Nazism
I too think there are things worthy of silencing, but you set a precedent and they'll build on it.  If we can silence this, surely we can silence this, then this then this...  It always works that way and so sometimes we have to take on the burden and argue what isn't worth arguing.