Author Topic: Where are the high intensity champions if HIT works?  (Read 58192 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Where are the high intensity champions if HIT works?
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2006, 08:56:56 PM »
I'd like to think "Alexx" is kidding but each time i realize he's dead serious. Oliva used to be an Olympic weight lifter.

Ladies and gentlemen with have a bright one here! Who ever mentioned Sergio??????
just push some weight!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2006, 08:58:24 PM »
Anybody ever have a weirder physique than Boyer Coe? I bet he is still looking for his missing abs.
The House that Ruth built

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2006, 08:58:45 PM »
Funny stuff...

What's funny is how he compares in flexed shots.
just push some weight!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen with have a bright one here! Who ever mentioned Sergio??????
I should post the pic of Serge benching 400 lb. for this genius.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2006, 09:00:16 PM »
I should post the pic of Serge benching 400 lb. for this genius.

He did that 3 times a year. Now tell me how many times a year did he do heavy deads or weighted chins?
just push some weight!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2006, 09:00:38 PM »
;D

HIT as in hit with an ugly stick.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2006, 09:02:56 PM »
Sure I would do your hit workout and then do it 10 more times so that I could get some decent stimulation.

Not if you do your sets to TRUE exhaustion. Not unless you are superman.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2006, 09:03:13 PM »
He did that 3 times a year. Now tell me how many times a year did he do heavy deads or weighted chins?
More importantly what's the point in considering the views of "Alexxx" with 17" guns? :-\

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »
More importantly what's the point in considering the views of "Alexxx" with 17" guns? :-\

How is your bowflex working for you?
just push some weight!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2006, 09:05:18 PM »
With hit training your muscles seem one dimensional. With volume you can give that dramatic effect. Example: Arnold vs Franco

Franco's muscles are always there there is no big surprise when he flexes.

Arnold on the other hand is has a showman's body. His muscles would exploded and freak out the crowd. His arms went from 19" unflexed to 22 inches flexed!

I think that is the main difference between hit and volume.

You have been reading Education of a Bodybuilder too much. Look at the way todays guys look. Nothing at all happens when Jay Cutler flexes.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2006, 09:05:36 PM »
Serge is an excellent bodybuilder, but I agree that he did'nt have that errector and overall thickness that comes from heavy, heavy lifting. The type that Columbo had for example.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2006, 09:05:47 PM »
How is your bowflex working for you?
Given the obsession, it's obvious he wants one for xmas. :-*

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2006, 09:07:00 PM »
Sergio used the techniques for a short period of time. Casey never improved after turning to hit. Mentzer has some good arms but they are always there if he flexes them they are the same size. Nothing surprising happens.

Alexxx, you forget that both Casey and Sergio were by far at their personal bests training under Arthur Jones.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2006, 09:11:16 PM »
Alexxx, you forget that both Casey and Sergio were by far at their personal bests training under Arthur Jones.

Endless argument that is very hard to gauge without controlling the long-term environment. There are various good programs that if properly followed will produce results, IMO. Main question is the emotional viability, if the program appeals it's far more likely to produce results, if it's considered unpleasant as HIT is to many, it likely won't be done long or seriously enough to work.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2006, 09:13:44 PM »
In my opinion this thread is intellectually dishonest. Sergio is not an example of HIT. 

Vince, shut the fuck up old man. So you are saying the Sergio didn't get into his best shape for the Olympia in Essen, Germany when he prepared in Deland, Florida training under Jones guidance? How can you say this when you copied Jones Nautilus designs in your own gym equipment.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2006, 09:18:44 PM »
I think that this is the major flaw of HIT, that it is down right uncomfortable to perform. It definitely a certain psychological outlook to do it on a ongoing basis. With that said, mental and physical toughness are attributes for building good physiques particularly when training drug free.

Endless argument that is very hard to gauge without controlling the long-term environment. There are various good programs that if properly followed will produce results, IMO. Main question is the emotional viability, if the program appeals it's far more likely to produce results, if it's considered unpleasant as HIT is to many, it likely won't be done long or seriously enough to work.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2006, 09:19:40 PM »
You have been reading Education of a Bodybuilder too much. Look at the way todays guys look. Nothing at all happens when Jay Cutler flexes.

Cutler is like Franco. He is big all over but nothing impressive happens when he flexes. Drugs and lack of volume training.

Look at Ronnie Coleman on the other hand. Phil Heath also has the ability to showcase his muscles that way.
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2006, 09:20:19 PM »
Given the obsession, it's obvious he wants one for xmas. :-*

Sergio?
just push some weight!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2006, 09:23:14 PM »
In my opinion this thread is intellectually dishonest. Sergio is not an example of HIT. Stuart McRobert's theories are false. There is so much crap re training that it is disgraceful. HIT is false as a theory. Jones is highly intelligent but his influence has not been a good one for training. He is responsible for encouraging brief workouts when in fact the major requirement of large muscles is endurance with heavy resistance. One might be able to build some muscle using various methods but HIT and HST are not ones that will generate much in the way of maximum size. Drugs have just confused everyone completely. What is the test of the truth of these theories? Well, do they work? Answer: for most people they don't work. If people knew how to keep muscles growing they would be growing rapidly. The truth is most of you guys have stopped growing a long time ago.
WTF, are you EVER going to state what YOU think is the correct way to train instead of dancing around the issue?

The fact of the matter is that HIT and especially Stuart McRoberts' theories work. Whatever program lets you get strong on moderate rep ranges is going to add muscle. Very low volume may not be ideal but it will work as long as you get stronger and feed your body. It ain't that complicated. You act like there is some secret mathematical formula that once uncovered will let everyone grow every workout until they reach their potential. Face the facts: EVERYTHING has been done, nothing new will be revealed. Go to the gym, bust some heavy poundage, go home and eat and shut the fuck up! This mental masturbation leads nowhere.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2006, 09:23:26 PM »
Franco trained with Arnold on the same program.

Cutler is like Franco. He is big all over but nothing impressive happens when he flexes. Drugs and lack of volume training.

Look at Ronnie Coleman on the other hand. Phil Heath also has the ability to showcase his muscles that way.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2006, 09:23:59 PM »

This is a poor argument; you have no basis for assuming that either guy would look different if they'd used different programs.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2006, 09:25:26 PM »
Franco trained with Arnold on the same program.

That's what you think. Arnold himself mentioned that Franco was doing more powerlifting in his program in "the education of a bodybuilder".
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2006, 09:26:48 PM »
This is a poor argument; you have no basis for assuming that either guy would look different if they'd used different programs.

Quite the contrary. A program has everything to do with your physical appearance.
just push some weight!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2006, 09:27:28 PM »
WTF, are you EVER going to state what YOU think is the correct way to train instead of dancing around the issue?

He's mentioned it elsewhere. Heavy weight using moderate reps, and fairly high volume.

Unclear why he's against HIT though, given that some of the fundamentals don't change-subject the muscle to ever-increasing loads. I think it's got something to do with Insufficient sets coupled with the stresses involved.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2006, 09:27:37 PM »
I have the book Alexxx I'll have to recheck. I still think what you describe is a genetic factor not a training one.

Law

That's what you think. Arnold himself mentioned that Franco was doing more powerlifting in his program in "the education of a bodybuilder".