Author Topic: Kris Gethin competition experience and results  (Read 3383 times)

BBody81

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Kris Gethin competition experience and results
« on: December 24, 2006, 03:20:04 PM »
I was just wondering what kind of experience you had with competing.  I noticed you did the Excalibur.  How was your experience and how do you feel you did?  How was the competition in your weightclass.  Im an all natural athlete and just wanted some input.  Oh, how did you get into bodybuilding photography.  Thanks for your time.

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
Re: Kris Gethin competition experience and results
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 11:49:02 AM »
I have competed in 5 natural shows prior to the Excalibur finishing second and missing first by one point in all. The most recent was in June of this year which was the FAME Natural World Champs held in Canada (finishing second again).
I loved the experience and think was the placing was deserved in all. People have said the world champ contest was controversal but I believe the placing was suited as I was not at my best.

The NPC Excalibur was a show that I hadnt planned on competing in until two weeks prior. Two weeks before the show I was given my Visa to live within the USA as an athlete and I have to uphold my status by competeing every year with the NPC. This is because my chosen FAME federation is based in Canada. So my experience with that show in particular is not one that is favorable - if I cannot compete at my best I dont want to compete at all. I was 12Ibs over my normal contest weight and 4th place is not a result I shoot for.
The world champs will be held in December next year so I will return to the Excalibur at my best for redemption.

Here is a pic of the top four at the Excalibur - Im on the right (probably the best pic of me at that show)
www.kagedmuscle.com
Deputy Editor

steal

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 02:30:11 PM »
I noticed you are a photographer and writer as also. Which comes first in your pecking order and as BBody81 asked before (but you didnt answer) how did you get into the media side of things.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 06:54:42 PM »
I noticed you are a photographer and writer as also. Which comes first in your pecking order and as BBody81 asked before (but you didnt answer) how did you get into the media side of things.

What Pro is Steal?
Motherboy (the band).

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 01:47:06 PM »
I think I have an idea who it is......obviously the identity doesnt want revealing.
Deputy Editor

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 01:55:24 PM »
Good showing bro, you looked thick.

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 02:00:03 PM »
I was asked by an edtitor for a bodybuilding publication to cover a show I was attending because he had to cover another one on the same day. He liked my report and asked if I could cover a couple of more shows. From there I started writing for a hardcore British publication called Muscle News (now the BEEF). In 2000 I moved to Australia and started contributing to the Australian edition of FLEX, Muscle & Fitness and Body Fitness whilst still working with several european pubs. At this time I started bodybuilding photography to further my horizon.

Last year I relocated to CA and contributed to Muscle Mag, Planet Fitness and several sites like bodybuilding.com and prosource.net before landing my lifetime dream role of contributing photography and editorial to FLEX Int.

Now I have my own publication called Kaged Muscle and contribute to other mags unrelated to bodybuilding.

Pecking order - bodybuilding, writer, photographer
Deputy Editor

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 01:16:27 AM »
Good showing bro, you looked thick.

Hey, I may not be acccademicaaly minded but there is no need to mock me ;)
Deputy Editor

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 02:27:59 AM »
I think I have an idea who it is......obviously the identity doesnt want revealing.

MJ?