Author Topic: Levrone feels like a soilder?  (Read 13191 times)

djohnsen

• Getbig II
Re: Levrone feels like a soilder?
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2006, 09:58:14 AM »
He used to pop ecstasy every now and then. Used to hang out with him quite a bit when he lived in Maryland and owned his gym. Walked up to me and kissed me on the cheek before he started his music set at a bar he used to sing at. Weird but I understood. Ex makes you do stupid shit sometimes that you wouldn't normally otherwise do.

He absolutely used to suck down beer before he hit the stage during the evening portion of the show. Said it helped with nervousness before his posing routine.

Levrone was definitely a quirky guy. Very bi polar too. Decent enough guy but he let his popularity as a bodybuilder get to his head sometimes. I think he needed to be reminded that he lifted weights for a living and that no one outside of the sport knew who the f**k he was.

The strange world of bodybuilding... all about drugs. One way or the other.
Must have been cool to know him, he was truly a freak.
UPINTHEMGUTS, what was the deal with the Smiths people. The family that
helped him prepare for the olympia? Someone in here said that they where
shady people and that Kevin had nothing to do with them anymore.
Know about that?

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2006, 10:06:03 AM »
i might be wrong, but i think Kevin was one guy very affected by the 'low carbs' thing. Usually when you saw him in interviews and things like that before a competition he seemed like that. There is one scene when he is eating it looks like he is going to pass out...

that video its very cool, but for entertainment purposes, i prefer Leeīs and Colemanīs...'notin but a peanut..."

where is that site where you could hear colemanīs phrases? i think one getbigger that made it some time ago...
!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2006, 10:08:34 AM »
i think your being a gentleman petrucci... ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2006, 12:04:19 PM »
in his video he says everytime he's half-assing a workout he'll look up at the american flag and remember all the lives the soilders gave so that he could workout... ermmm somehow i don't think all those lives were lost so levrone could compete in the ifbb...

so in conclusion, kevin you are NOT a soilder... :)

but full blown has sold more CD's than kevin federline!

Kevin didn't say he felt like a soldier.  Read your own post numbnuts.  What he said is symbolic go back to school and learn the difference between "literal" and "symbolic". ???

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2006, 01:43:22 PM »
I don't  see how Kevin thinks he is a soldier with his statement. I also think its his way of acknowledging that in this country we are living a certain lifestyle due to the men and women in our military past and present. I for one commend him on this.
The House that Ruth built

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2006, 01:58:21 PM »
The strange world of bodybuilding... all about drugs. One way or the other.
Must have been cool to know him, he was truly a freak.
UPINTHEMGUTS, what was the deal with the Smiths people. The family that
helped him prepare for the olympia? Someone in here said that they where
shady people and that Kevin had nothing to do with them anymore.
Know about that?

He was an okay guy to hang with. But he had a really bad habit of pissing off people he called 'friends'. There was dude I knew that just got dumped by a bad ass looking hottie. Kevin and this guy were supposedly friends at the time. The hottie was a gold digging bitch and she threw herself at Kevin and he did the natural thing and fucked her. But he completely fucked over his boy who he knew was still hung up about the girl. This guy helped him train and get ready for shows on occassion and they hung out quite a bit. It was pretty shitty for him to do that, in my opinion but we all make mistakes I guess.
Kevin stood at the top of the fence when it came to deciding what race he elected to embrace(im sure everyone knows that Kev is bi-racial) rather than choose a side. He had white friends with money he choose to align himself with to fit a purpose and he would act white as far as speech and personality. When his black hangers-on croonies would come by the gym he would immediantly shift personalities to a yo boy attitude and act likeadick to certain white people he knew in front of his ass kissing posse. Then it would be vice versa when hiswhite friends were around. He was always putting on a front.
The Smiths? He co owned his gym in MD with Mrs. Smith as a business partner. The Smith's hired people to deal with food prep. Everyday when training he would eat the same shit six times a day. Fresh cod or orange roughy, yams, and spinach. They meals would be there in big plastic containers freshly prepared. He would eat by himself in the nutrition and health bar in the gym. If you made eye contact with him while eating he looked like a fucking rottweiler that you just stole food from. Dieting made that dude grumpy as hell but I understood all that.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2006, 02:50:17 PM »
upintheguts: did kevin miss alot of workouts?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2006, 02:55:26 PM »
I don't  see how Kevin thinks he is a soldier with his statement. I also think its his way of acknowledging that in this country we are living a certain lifestyle due to the men and women in our military past and present. I for one commend him on this.

I agree.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2006, 02:57:29 PM »
upintheguts: did kevin miss alot of workouts?

During contest training?

No. Just went light on leg days because of a hernia operation in the late 90's. Strong as a f**cker with upper body exercises. I'm talking 2-4 weeks out benching 5 plates for lots of reps. That's contest strength, not off season strength. Was definitely one of the strongest pros competing during his time.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2006, 03:02:35 PM »
During contest training?

No. Just went light on leg days because of a hernia operation in the late 90's. Strong as a f**cker with upper body exercises. I'm talking 2-4 weeks out benching 5 plates for lots of reps. That's contest strength, not off season strength. Was definitely one of the strongest pros competing during his time.

thanks bro for the info. what do you remember about his training split. did he go to failure.? what happened to ghani?

i heard he did chest/shoulder/triceps : back/biceps  : legs...

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2006, 03:19:35 PM »
thanks bro for the info. what do you remember about his training split. did he go to failure.? what happened to ghani?

i heard he did chest/shoulder/triceps : back/biceps  : legs...

Ghani Walee. I miss that guy. He was a trip. Not sure what happened to him. Soon as Kev moved to CA, he disappeared.

Training split. Wasn't privy to that info.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2006, 03:33:32 PM »
Ghani Walee. I miss that f**cker. He was a trip. Not sure what happened to him. Soon as Kev moved to CA, he disappeared.

Training split. Wasn't privy to that info.

Kev said in Flex that he had to get rid of Ghani as a workout partner, because all he did was yell at him to lift weight, but did nothin else. This was back in 99-01. Now back in the mid 90's he siad Ghani was the best training partner he had, because dude just came out of prison, and he motivated Kev, he told Kev that dudes were lifted heavier than he was in prison.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2006, 04:06:21 PM »
Kev said in Flex that he had to get rid of Ghani as a workout partner, because all he did was yell at him to lift weight, but did nothin else.

haha that is all he did

"yeah big dawg"

"yeah big dawg"

;D

honestly I don't know what else kev wanted Big G to do

training partners basically just provide motivation and give you a spot

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2006, 04:07:43 PM »
Its war baby !!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2006, 04:07:53 PM »

honestly I don't know what else kev wanted Big G to do

training partners basically just provide motivation and give you a spot

E

Or in your case Earl, if you were Kevin's, the occasional reach around and the over zealous squat spot... 8)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2006, 04:08:28 PM »

The Smiths? He co owned his gym in MD with Mrs. Smith as a business partner. The Smith's hired people to deal with food prep. Everyday when training he would eat the same shit six times a day. Fresh cod or orange roughy, yams, and spinach. They meals would be there in big plastic containers freshly prepared. He would eat by himself in the nutrition and health bar in the gym. If you made eye contact with him while eating he looked like a fucking rottweiler that you just stole food from. Dieting made that dude grumpy as hell but I understood all that.

but how were they shady?

they seemed like nice people to me

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2006, 04:08:59 PM »
Or in your case Earl, if you were Kevin's, the occasional reach around and the over zealous squat spot... 8)

that's you and sarcasm

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2006, 04:10:13 PM »
Its war baby !!

in my best Ghani voice...

MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!

E
E

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2006, 04:14:43 PM »
in my best Ghani voice...

MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!
MARYLAND MUSCLE MACHINE!

E

Put your thing back in your pants, Earl.

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2006, 04:42:01 PM »

Thanks for the interesting info, man. I would guess a man like Kevin very easy could wind up thinking he was "God".
I have seen it with friends that got "big". The body isn't the only thing that becomes big, their ego grows twice as
much. Too bad. There comes a time like it did with Kevin when your back to normal again.

Yeah, I would guess that the main reason why Kevin behaved so strangely in M3 was because of the low carb diet.
I find it very hard to believe that such a determined person would use drugs(E, coke, whatever) under the precontest prep.
That could hurt him - competitionwise.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2006, 04:52:55 PM »
He was an okay guy to hang with. But he had a really bad habit of pissing off people he called 'friends'. There was dude I knew that just got dumped by a bad ass looking hottie. Kevin and this guy were supposedly friends at the time. The hottie was a gold digging bitch and she threw herself at Kevin and he did the natural thing and fucked her. But he completely fucked over his boy who he knew was still hung up about the girl. This guy helped him train and get ready for shows on occassion and they hung out quite a bit. It was pretty shitty for him to do that, in my opinion but we all make mistakes I guess.
Kevin stood at the top of the fence when it came to deciding what race he elected to embrace(im sure everyone knows that Kev is bi-racial) rather than choose a side. He had white friends with money he choose to align himself with to fit a purpose and he would act white as far as speech and personality. When his black hangers-on croonies would come by the gym he would immediantly shift personalities to a yo boy attitude and act likeadick to certain white people he knew in front of his ass kissing posse. Then it would be vice versa when hiswhite friends were around. He was always putting on a front.

I remember going to purchase a Flex mag back in 01, and it had Kev on the cover, and the girl at the counter, was like, "I just saw him at Cancun Catina". Said he was dancing with every hot chick there (her too).
People who went to church with him told me that he was a good man, and I aways wanted to meet him. They told me he had helped his cousin gain weight, only to have his cousin join the military. I wonder if it was the same cousin that was in M3. I can see him playing the "fence" game. Hopefully he is more humble now that he has a "spiritual advisor".

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2006, 08:26:38 PM »
I remember going to purchase a Flex mag back in 01, and it had Kev on the cover, and the girl at the counter, was like, "I just saw him at Cancun Catina". Said he was dancing with every hot chick there (her too).

yeah all the babes want a piece of the Maryland Muscle Machine 8)

E
E

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2006, 08:41:42 PM »
yeah all the babes want a piece of the Maryland Muscle Machine 8)

E
:-X

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2006, 10:47:04 PM »
I find it very hard to believe that such a determined person would use drugs(E, coke, whatever) under the precontest prep.
That could hurt him - competitionwise.
Come on now, rec drug use is rampant in the pro circuit.

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2006, 01:08:52 AM »
Come on now, rec drug use is rampant in the pro circuit.

Don't know this by my self. But... I would guess in the offseason some pro bb do rec drugs.
But when they are in precontest mode witch take alot of discipline they would stay of rec
drugs. That would hurt them come competition day.
It just isn't logical when you're denying yourself almost "everything" and then you do drugs??