Author Topic: Milos' idea of pre, during, and post workout shakes  (Read 3600 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Milos' idea of pre, during, and post workout shakes
« on: December 25, 2006, 11:05:16 PM »
Last months' FLEX, Milos said he has put ten pounds on current pros, but making them drink a shake directly before, one during, and one after the routine.

(He also advised they throw in a certain brand of creatine, dex, and glut).

All other things equal, would this be an insane boost, from the delivery of nutrients when training?  If so, why (I guess, what is the scientific reason- receptors/cells more needy?)

Also, does anyone here regularly do this? thanks

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Milos' idea of pre, during, and post workout shakes
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 08:19:05 AM »

No. This past year I recently drastically cut my protein intake (almost in half). I feel a lot better (less bloated). The only thing I have after training is a small shake (i.e. 20-40g dextrose, 10g BCAA's) & then a fairly large meal about an hour later. Now, I'm not anti protein powder (I still keep a little on hand - sometimes I make pancakes with it). I still might have one or two shakes a week.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 10:32:28 AM »
Me too, I just have a shake after workouts now, and right when I wake up.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 10:43:38 AM »
Last months' FLEX, Milos said he has put ten pounds on current pros, but making them drink a shake directly before, one during, and one after the routine.

(He also advised they throw in a certain brand of creatine, dex, and glut).

All other things equal, would this be an insane boost, from the delivery of nutrients when training?  If so, why (I guess, what is the scientific reason- receptors/cells more needy?)

This has to be the first very 'naive' post 240 has ever made. Perhaps he is just simply posting this for the sake of argument which is what I think. If I know 240...he knows better.

Milos advised 'something els' to his 'athletes' to make them gain 10lbs. it wasnt something you can buy at a punk ass GNC.

As I get more expierenced and learn more I realize that my body responds BETTER to food.

I ONLY have a shake now post workout pre-contest. Just 2 scoops of Pride Nutritions RESPECT protein in water with a little bit of vitargo added. Even that gets cut out 3 weeks out.

Offseason I might have another midday but not often.

I do believe in glutamine, CEE creatine and aminos dissolved in your water bottle to be sipped on during your workout, though. 
?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 02:43:37 PM »
thanks block.  What mix do you use? (5 g glut, 5 g creatine, 2 TBSP in crystal lite?)

I didn't even bother ripping out the pages from the magazine, as I knew milos was selling shit.  the shakes called for X brand of supplements, etc.

My bigger Q was, would ingesting protein during lifting be any more effective than that same protein later?  When they're torn up, are those same muscles any more receptive to absorbing more micro and macro nutrients? thanks!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 03:17:41 PM »
240: you want protein before, during and after. only problem is that some people dont like protein during..as it makes em feel "heavy".but if you wanna be real scientific drink a shake during also..and add some carbs to the shake you are sipping on during the workout..(not to much so you get sluggish tho)...
id say 25g p and 25g c during is plenty. of course it depends how much muscle you have etc...and how long you workout etc etc

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 03:18:27 PM »
also glutamine is useless (for a bodybuilder), so save your money.

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 04:54:46 PM »
also glutamine is useless (for a bodybuilder), so save your money.

An Intravenous Glutamine drip was proven to work...And there are studies to confirm that...Orally are another story.

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 04:55:45 PM »
This has to be the first very 'naive' post 240 has ever made. Perhaps he is just simply posting this for the sake of argument which is what I think. If I know 240...he knows better.

Milos advised 'something els' to his 'athletes' to make them gain 10lbs. it wasnt something you can buy at a punk ass GNC.

As I get more expierenced and learn more I realize that my body responds BETTER to food.

I ONLY have a shake now post workout pre-contest. Just 2 scoops of Pride Nutritions RESPECT protein in water with a little bit of vitargo added. Even that gets cut out 3 weeks out.

Offseason I might have another midday but not often.

I do believe in glutamine, CEE creatine and aminos dissolved in your water bottle to be sipped on during your workout, though. 

Wait a fucking minute...Are you telling me GNC doesn't sell injectable  insulin anymore? ;D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 05:15:13 PM »
and right when I wake up.

I don't even bother with that one anymore.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 05:25:25 PM »
An Intravenous Glutamine drip was proven to work...And there are studies to confirm that...Orally are another story.

i doubt 240 was talking about intravenous..and i know its used to treat burn victims..but its not given as a powder orally then.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 08:19:43 AM »
nah, i pretty much ignored milos' on the "add W,X,Y,Z supplements".

But the protein jumped at me.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 04:59:55 PM »
if you believe you are a little low on protein by all means add a few shakes per day, it's cheap and easy to drink.

as for glutamine i agree with slaveboy, never seen any study supporting it, some swear by it though, again this is cheap supplements so no harm in trying
Z