Author Topic: pmq answered  (Read 2026 times)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
pmq answered
« on: December 26, 2006, 08:16:08 PM »
Yes, Luke's chest did come up a lot...much thicker and also a lot fuller looking (near his upper portion)

I am having some trouble brining my chest up.   Can you please give me some pointers?

Thanks!

ANTHONY

incline bench insted of flat bench
smith machine work
make sure to isolate the pecs,,and while you do it make sure to lower the bar with out touching your chest,,you lower it to almost touch the chest then up again,,do it on the smith for better control and smoother work (add 10lb to the smith to make it comparable to free weight,,you dont need no stabelize muscles when you wanna improve your pecs,,you need your pecs and only your pecs or almost only your pecs to work) triceps will work anyway,,,
close grip work while on decline with lower weight for under devloped lower pecs

no need for anything inejected to the chest only isolation of the muscle. cable work is good too for final touch insted of flys.

make sure to work your chest intensly and no longer  than 45 min,,should be about 12-17 sets done right with 1-2 min max rest in between and go home.

change your training style for chest every couple of months,,that also means the number of reps and the number of sets and the number of exercises.

fallen angel

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: pmq answered
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 08:22:01 PM »
word on the street is , it's physically impossible to isolate lower and upper chest.
Deep Tissue Massage

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 09:08:44 PM »
word on the street is , it's physically impossible to isolate lower and upper chest.

100 percent correct.

Incline is useless for what people think they are doing it for.

Its hillarious.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 09:25:49 PM »
So, you can't isolate upper/lower pecs, which have a definate split between the two... but you can isolate inner/outer bis, tris, legs, back, ect ect? What makes chest so different?

body88

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 09:28:40 PM »

smith machine work
make sure to isolate the pecs,,and while you do it make sure to lower the bar with out touching your chest,,you lower it to almost touch the chest then up again,,do it on the smith for better control and smoother work (add 10lb to the smith to make it comparable to free weight,,you dont need no stabelize muscles when you wanna improve your pecs,,you need your pecs and only your pecs or almost only your pecs to work) triceps will work anyway,,,
close grip work while on decline with lower weight for under devloped lower pecs

no need for anything inejected to the chest only isolation of the muscle. cable work is good too for final touch insted of flys.

make sure to work your chest intensly and no longer  than 45 min,,should be about 12-17 sets done right with 1-2 min max rest in between and go home.

change your training style for chest every couple of months,,that also means the number of reps and the number of sets and the number of exercises.

Shut up c*unt

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 09:36:12 PM »
Impossible to isolate but possible to emphasize to a certain extent. However, flat movements are actually better for upper pecs if you know what you're doing. Take a look at any bodybuilder who does a lot of flat benching and compare to those who only do inclines - from Columbu, Arnold, Bertil Fox, Haney, Johnnie Jackson, Coleman etc all had tremendous upper pecs whereas those who do mostly inclines never got that "boxy" look to their chest.

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 10:16:47 PM »

smith machine work

i agree
its comin today

bcimagala

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 10:27:20 PM »
So, you can't isolate upper/lower pecs, which have a definate split between the two... but you can isolate inner/outer bis, tris, legs, back, ect ect? What makes chest so different?

you cannot isolate upper and lower.

the pec is made of two muscles: the pec major and pec minor.  however, one sits beneath the other (if someone were laying down) and not above the other.  (the pec major rests on top of the pec minor.)

the chest muscles contract as one and cannot be isolated.

the split in the chest just has to do with how the muscle is attached.  the pec major attaches at the clavicle and at the sternum -- making it appear, maybe, like you've got two muscles, whn in fact, it is one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectoralis_major_muscle

bcimagala

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »
a better image showing the two heads of the muscle.  and the "split"

http://www.shoulderdoc.co.uk/images/uploaded/pec_major_heads.jpg

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 12:38:44 AM »
Deep Tissue Massage

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 08:29:28 AM »
I feel a good finisher is a smith flat press,but lower bar to upper chest area .but i agree everything works chest,genectic's again dictate shape,fullness,seperation.dip's are a good all around burner.

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 08:51:05 AM »
thanks!

simon

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 01:13:11 PM »
interesting gh15 mentions not bringing the bar all the down to the chest,  i stopped doing, this slowed things down and my chest really improved.  the best excercise i found for myself is the floor press as it allows my arms to stop at a 90' angle, or inclines where i bring the bar no lower than chin level.  coming from a guy who had very very painful surgery to fix a complete pec tear and tendon rupture this has allowed me to once again train heavier, more effectively and continue to increase chest size even after a very bad injury.   great advice gh15.