Author Topic: CONTINUOUS Eating??  (Read 3399 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
CONTINUOUS Eating??
« on: December 27, 2006, 06:55:59 AM »
Have you ever been in such a rut, or know of someone who was so severely underweight that they decided to just eat anything and everything, non-stop for say two str8 weeks......I am fighting this weight/muscle loss from overtraining and have dwindled to about 155lbs at 6'2....I think I need to cash it in and just gorge myself for awhile....how much fat really would I gain in an effort to get to 190 like NOW?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: CONTINUOUS Eating??
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 05:04:04 PM »
well since its not gonna be muscle you figure it out fat + water
just get back at eating well 5-6 times a day and lift heavy and youll pack on size. if you feel you need to eat a lot make sure its good foods and eat a little larger meals than normal

and wear some thick sweaters  ;)
Z

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 06:12:24 PM »
Your petrified of losing your abs.....
Id like to see your views after gaining 40 pds of fat.
Must i ask why?
big or bust

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 09:03:23 PM »
Lugar,

You have gone beyond annoying with the questions.  It’s not only disturbing, I am quite concerned about you.  It is undisputed that you have severe psychological issues whether it be exercise bulimia, anorexia, body dysmorphia, OCD or any combination thereof.  You need to seek professional help although, quite honestly, you may never fully recover.  I’ve been reading a lot about permanent chemical changes in the brain due to long term behavior such as yours.  Even with strict behavior modification, the chemical imbalance may still there and subjects forever struggle.  Too bad this clinical study is seeking women only. http://www.wpic.pitt.edu/research/anbnbrainimaging/study.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=950DE4DF163BF93AA35752C1A96F948260

http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/what_causes_eating_disorders_000049_3.htm

Clearly, based on your posts over the past 7 months, you have not progressed and quite possibly regressed.  There also seems to be quite a few discrepancies in your posts.  Why just a couple of weeks ago I asked what changes you had made since June.  You said “I'm getting much better...actually up 10lbs since that last pic.....toned down cardio to just a walk in the morning with the dog....my theory is why not get the BEST food for all aspects.....We all want to be big, and lean too...if I can keep SOME of my cuts during my bulking phase it'll be a lot easier to cope with mentally....which I am doing thus far…” 

If you had followed HALF the advice given here and/or by the ‘world class’ trainer your paying (or paid for), you wouldn’t be dicking around with the same 10 pounds, plus lost another 10.  Those of us here are not qualified to even remotely help you off the slippery slope you’re sliding on (if someone is, then please step forward and take it off line).

I wish you the best.
:

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 06:13:58 AM »
Princess......I appreciate the concern but let's get something clear.  I AM NOT ANEORIEXIC!  by any means...I eat non-stop every 2 hours and never ever go hungry or miss a meal.  I am, HOWEVER, a fitness and exercise aholic taken to the extreme.  If I dont do a little am cardio/stretch, I feel like I am missing something.  I also enjoy training and do so to the extent of "too much" i.e. 6x week.   My training now is four x a week...my cardio is indeed a stroll with the pooch, but in Ohio, it gets cold, so i go on the treadmill at a mere 3.0 and 10% for only 20 minutes.  nothing drastic.

My most baffeling concept is WHY do I need to eat so much to gain a lb or two.  Seriously.  I eat close to 3500 cals at 155-160ish.  I'm 6'2, so yes, very light but many even weigh les, they just have more fat that I do.  I would LOVEEEEE to be 190 and 200 again.  I'd do anything in my power.  I just want to know that the information I get is the truth and i know you are for one, very well educated.  Some on these boards give horrid advice and are here for entertainment only i.e. have a few lines, or smoke some jane, then go have 5 large pizzas......see where I'm going?  yes, i have made great strides.  I have reduced everthing and increased my cals.  the one thing I have not done and instructed to do so was to have 2 cheat meals a week.  I havent strayed from my diet in 5+ years....so, I made a pack with my girlfriend, folks, etc.  If I am not at least 175 by the end of January, i will seek another hobby and begin therapy. 

So give me some advice, is my goal reasonable?  Would you look at my diet and figure out why in the sam hell if I slack in the least (i.e leave a crumb on the plate) i lose weight?  Yes, i have had blood tests don and cleared....just low testosterone.....would you look?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 07:29:24 AM »
Lugar, You're wondering why Princess would say that. If there's any doubt in your mind re-read your posts. You seem to be always asking the same things & then never listening to anyone or arguing with them. You're overly paranoid about losing your abs & you want to find a way to bulk without gaining fat. I've said it to you before you should seriously see a therapist about your body image problems (& the exercise addiction) - so don't wait until January. If you're that much of an "exercise" addict then maybe the best thing for you would be to not exercise for a couple months - especially if you've been going strong for years without a break. Give your body a rest & gain some fat. Seriously, I'm not bullshitting you. You'd be serprized what a two month break would do for you. You'll comeback with a new intensity & your body will probably respond well. Good luck & that's my rant.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 07:31:31 AM »
  Yes, i have had blood tests don and cleared....just low testosterone.....would you look?

Did you ever stop to think that the low test levels could be caused by all the cardio you're doing & your very low body fat. Believe it or not your body needs some bodyfat.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 07:41:09 AM »
it most certainly is due to overtraining........I agree....and that's why I am cutting way back......honestly.  I want to give this a go one final time till Janaury....I swear to you on my life, if something doesnt change or I dont progress, I'm done...why waste the efforts????

I told you bro, it's a matter of WHO DO I BELIEVE.....ya know?  I agree I ask over and over and finally get a good consensus, then some idiot posts something totally off the wall and someone agrees and then it goes on and on....so all I need to do is become familiar with the truely hardcore and the guys here f-ing with people.....I told ya bro, Ive had many ddes say, go snort a line...or train and cut your carbs or eat this...blah....I think my diet is ok, just wanted a check on it and wonder why I am not putting the weigt on I should be.....

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 08:05:56 AM »
I'm not going to tell you who to believe or who not to believe. But come on,if someone's saying "do a line" or "smoke a joint" I think it's a pretty safe bet that they're fucking with you. Just read the boards/threads. You'll figure out who's trying to help people & who's not. I can speak for myself when I say I'll try to help anyone when I can (& so will Princess L & quite a few others). Now I think some of the best advice I could give you right now is to stop training until April (yes three months). & when I say stop training I mean no cardio sessions either. & also during that time don't worry about your diet. Believe it or not your body will thank you. & your body should respond in an amazing fashion when you start hitting the gym again (muscle memory is a wonderful thing). It also should "shock" your body some too. As a matter or fact come July I'm not planning on touching a weight for two months (I'll still do a little cardio & such).

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 08:29:23 AM »
I'm willing to meet you half way bro.....how about that.....you teach me who to learn from, how I can one day reach my goal to compete, support me till January 31,2007th and I will make my cardio sessions nothing more than walking to and from the car, to the office, to the store, etc until AT LEAST that day....I need to train...I need the release...I'll tone it down and go no more than 4-5 days with one of those days being a mere abs/calves day......

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 08:37:30 AM »
I'm willing to meet you half way bro.....how about that.....you teach me who to learn from, how I can one day reach my goal to compete, support me till January 31,2007th and I will make my cardio sessions nothing more than walking to and from the car, to the office, to the store, etc until AT LEAST that day....I need to train...I need the release...I'll tone it down and go no more than 4-5 days with one of those days being a mere abs/calves day......

Let's continue this discussion via PM. So shoot me one with what you want to know, etc.. & I'll try to help in anyway possible. If I can't help I'll try & at least point you in the right direction.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 11:57:52 PM »
ditch the cardio.
get off the stimulants
get a drinking habbit.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 12:18:18 AM »
6'2 155lbs...holy shit

go get a fucking big mac....or 10
Go Big Red!!!

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 05:10:31 AM »
See, exactly what I mean by who to listen to a who to trust.....thank you for clearly illustrating my problem.  Cardio was 7x a week at a med intensity....now its 2-3 times MAX at a snails pace walk....

Stimulants used only pretraining......

Havent touched booze in many years, no fast food for that matter.......I know I can do this clean, just dont know why I continue to drop so much weight...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 12:16:11 PM »
Princess......I appreciate the concern but let's get something clear.  I AM NOT ANEORIEXIC!  by any means...I eat non-stop every 2 hours and never ever go hungry or miss a meal.  I am, HOWEVER, a fitness and exercise aholic taken to the extreme.  If I dont do a little am cardio/stretch, I feel like I am missing something.  I also enjoy training and do so to the extent of "too much" i.e. 6x week.   My training now is four x a week...my cardio is indeed a stroll with the pooch, but in Ohio, it gets cold, so i go on the treadmill at a mere 3.0 and 10% for only 20 minutes.  nothing drastic.

My most baffeling concept is WHY do I need to eat so much to gain a lb or two.  Seriously.  I eat close to 3500 cals at 155-160ish.  I'm 6'2, so yes, very light but many even weigh les, they just have more fat that I do.  I would LOVEEEEE to be 190 and 200 again.  I'd do anything in my power.  I just want to know that the information I get is the truth and i know you are for one, very well educated.  Some on these boards give horrid advice and are here for entertainment only i.e. have a few lines, or smoke some jane, then go have 5 large pizzas......see where I'm going?  yes, i have made great strides.  I have reduced everthing and increased my cals.  the one thing I have not done and instructed to do so was to have 2 cheat meals a week.  I havent strayed from my diet in 5+ years....so, I made a pack with my girlfriend, folks, etc.  If I am not at least 175 by the end of January, i will seek another hobby and begin therapy. 

So give me some advice, is my goal reasonable?  Would you look at my diet and figure out why in the sam hell if I slack in the least (i.e leave a crumb on the plate) i lose weight?  Yes, i have had blood tests don and cleared....just low testosterone.....would you look?

You’re saying 20 pounds in one month basically, something you have not been able to come close to in years.  What’s going to change that in the next 30 days? You’re setting yourself up for failure, but if it gets you into therapy, that’s great.

Although I see what Rim is trying to do with his suggestion for you (and I don’t disagree with his theory), I don’t think you could handle it psychologically.  At least not without replacing it with something else.  Maybe take a class or something.  What does the GF enjoy?  Take a class with her – stained glass, winemaking, upholstery, scuba diving, Spanish, photography, join a book club…something.

You say your diet has been the same for 5 years.  That’s gotta tell you something right there.  400 grams of protein on a 155lb frame is ludicrous.  You’re a perfect example of why a calorie is not a calorie.  Lower the protein and increase the carbs and fat.  Eat more red meat, salmon, add some yolks to the eggs, whole grain bread, vegetables besides spinach, bananas, etc.  Get some variety.  AND start taking fish oil.  In your case, higher doses wouldn’t be a bad idea.  Start with 6 (split dose) grams and maybe eventually work up to 10. Make sure it’s high quality.

And why haven't you used the advice of the trainer you're paying?

:

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 02:59:21 PM »
Bro i know u dont wanna hear folk saying ' eat a big mac ' but if ur eating 5-6 good quality clean meals a day+a couple of shakes, and not gaining then u might have to add sum junk, i.e. a pizza for T instead of a healthy meal, im not saying just eat junk, but do this 3 times a week. Cut right down on cardio, but if u wanna keep it going, then ur gonna have to eat that junk +up the amount of good daily meals, and the size of each one,  until u start gaining.

Try weight gainers instead of just protein shakes etc etc.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 04:27:52 PM »

Although I see what Rim is trying to do with his suggestion for you (and I don’t disagree with his theory), I don’t think you could handle it psychologically.  At least not without replacing it with something else.  Maybe take a class or something.  What does the GF enjoy?  Take a class with her – stained glass, winemaking, upholstery, scuba diving, Spanish, photography, join a book club…something.

Many thanks. I personally doubt he could handle it but it was worth a shot. I still stand by that though - his body needs a rest/break. I also like your idea of replacing it with something else none exercise related.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 05:04:36 PM »
thnx  jan 31 you have my word....i just need0the assurance that myvtest levels are high....even rhough its been low for yrs  hcg nolva armidex n soon to be clomid all will do it RT?  week 1 of pct....mybe I need to try the 10mg dbol am pct......then I can eat huge rest huge n not worry bout gettng chubby

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 05:15:11 PM »
Two words:  MORE FOOD

If you're 155# at 6'2, and are eating 3500 cals, you clearly need MORE than 3500.  A 2-year-old could figure that out.
Ron: "I am lazy."

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 07:06:15 PM »
Lugar do you think about taking steroids alot?

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006, 06:58:17 AM »
NO......DEF NOT THE ANSWER.......

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 10:44:43 AM »
Lugar bro, the answers are not in the gym, in food, or supplements.  I agree w/ princess.  You're quest for poundage seems like it's ruining your life.   Good luck with all this.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 02:37:04 PM »
it was at one time bout a month ago and the previous 3 years my number 1 thought.  it took control.  now....having met with a very knowledgeable guru I truly understand almost everything.  its not rocker science but I was blinded by my abs.....fuck the abs....they are going to be back 10x deeper come this summer....right now its called push heavy weights   rest   eat   repeat.  sold focus is on my health my girl my family and my office.......training will encompass 7 hours of my life a week.  cardio will be walking with my grandma and to the fridge.  eating and cooking will be 10 %   revamped diet adding good fats to every meal save post.  akl the rest will be work and family.....10lbs is my goal through pct by jan 31....if I faikll mark ny words  I check in........lt goak is oct 08 first show