Author Topic: Traveling  (Read 6299 times)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Traveling
« on: December 27, 2006, 08:42:12 AM »
Ok, I have to travel for one week out of the next few months and I swear that my training suffers.  Do any of you have suggestions on how to recover or does this even to happen to you?

Partially I am sure some of it is due to the actual traveling, though it was 3 days ago (in a car for 8 hours) and I feel that I should be ok from that, but I know that I am super stressed out right now which can't be helping.  Anyway, when I went to the gym yesterday I was throughly disgusted with myself and workout. 

I guess I just don't want the next 3 months of my training to be crap.  Not sure if there is much I can do but any suggestions would be great :)
Jennifer

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Traveling
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 10:17:32 AM »
http://www.bulknutrition.com/p2460_L-Glutamine_Powder_1Fast400.html

http://www.smart-publications.com/articles/030326.php

been using ascorbyl palmitate for eons now..

Fat-soluble vitamin C
Ascorbyl palmitate is a fat-soluble form of vitamin C, which is better absorbed than ascorbic acid, the water-soluble form. It offers all the benefits of ascorbic acid, plus it won't flush out of the body as quickly as ascorbic acid, and it is able to be stored in cell membranes until the body needs it.

Ascorbyl palmitate is an amphipathic molecule, which means one end is water-soluble and the other end is fat-soluble. This dual solubility allows it to permeate the extra-cellular aqueous environment of the cell and the interior cellular environment, as well. When it is incorporated into the cell membranes of human red blood cells, ascorbyl palmitate protects them from oxidative damage and also helps protect vitamin E (a fat-soluble antioxidant) from oxidation by free radicals.1

Ascorbyl Palmitate has powerful antioxidant properties, helps maintain normal connective tissue, may reduce the risk of certain cancers as well as coronary artery disease, and helps in the healing of wounds
carpe` vaginum!

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 10:45:58 AM »
okay...what's the traveling for?
X

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 11:36:23 AM »
Ok, I have to travel for one week out of the next few months and I swear that my training suffers.  Do any of you have suggestions on how to recover or does this even to happen to you?

Partially I am sure some of it is due to the actual traveling, though it was 3 days ago (in a car for 8 hours) and I feel that I should be ok from that, but I know that I am super stressed out right now which can't be helping.  Anyway, when I went to the gym yesterday I was throughly disgusted with myself and workout. 

I guess I just don't want the next 3 months of my training to be crap.  Not sure if there is much I can do but any suggestions would be great :)
Hi Beast and a happy belated xmas to you:)
In my personal experiences I have usually found that training would be affected by one of or all three things.
- lack of sleep
- not eating or supplementing enough to fully re-cooperate for the next training session.
- overtraining
Plus a long car drive will make you feel like a pretzel too. No worries though, you'll bounce back easily as we all know you will ;)

PB

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 04:30:23 PM »
Hi Beast (happy holidays)

Don't get disgusted, don't get discouraged just keep plugging in the gym when you can. I was told that every work out will not be perfect or even great for that matter but to be ok with knowing that you did your best on that day.

If there is no gym available while you travel bring some bands with you (throw some callestenics(sp) in). Try some visualization/meditation/affirmation mantras/breathing for stress.

Try to be as consistent as you can with your meals/water/supps.

While you are on the road get on your puter and we will help you through.

Travel safe!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 09:17:06 PM »
Thanks for the replies and holiday wishes!  Hope you all had great holidays and have a wonderful New Year.

Actually I trained with Get_Bigger yesterday and today...I just don't have my usual strength which is annoying and I ended up tweaking my back slightly yesterday squatting 275 (which I can normally rep with only some strain).

My supplementation and diet have been bad.  Actually I take that back I have been using most of my supps though I left my Ester-C at home.  But I have been too lazy to do any protein shakes which is a stupid thing to do since I brought it with me.  Next month I will make sure to bring my glutamine as well and see if that helps. 

I am having some pretty serious family issues which is why I am here and I suppose more then anything I just need deal with my issues and stop complaining.  I hate getting out of my routine and I really hate it when my workouts suffer.  Thanks again...I really do appreciate it.       
Jennifer

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 09:18:47 PM »
Thanks for the replies and holiday wishes!  Hope you all had great holidays and have a wonderful New Year.

Actually I trained with Get_Bigger yesterday and today...I just don't have my usual strength which is annoying and I ended up tweaking my back slightly yesterday squatting 275 (which I can normally rep with only some strain).

My supplementation and diet have been bad.  Actually I take that back I have been using most of my supps though I left my Ester-C at home.  But I have been too lazy to do any protein shakes which is a stupid thing to do since I brought it with me.  Next month I will make sure to bring my glutamine as well and see if that helps. 

I am having some pretty serious family issues which is why I am here and I suppose more then anything I just need deal with my issues and stop complaining.  I hate getting out of my routine and I really hate it when my workouts suffer.  Thanks again...I really do appreciate it.       

woman...

i already told ya where 2 buy cheap glutamine...

lemme put it this way...

back on misc.fitness.weights  (early 90s)  myself..Dan duchaine...patrick anrold, bruce kneller used to banter back n forth on a daily basis..(i hope ya know who these folks r...cause they introduced the bbing world to creatine..vanadyl...clen ...DNP...ketogenic diets..whey pritein (designer ws the first whey on the market...CLAS..omega 3s... IGFR(www.kitsnmore.com  ;) ).....AND MUCH MORE)

this ws before MM2k ws what it became...wayyy back in the day before bill phillips made it big...

yeah i ws 15..but i learned a lot...and from the best ....Chris aceto.....he only deservs to lick dans feet...

so HEED  >:(

that old forum is still around..you can loo up stuff thru deja news...and then search misc.fitness.weights and then type in Dan duchaine

his ole e-mail addy used to be dduchaine@aol.com....

RIP Dan >:(  you were smarter than most of these so called gurus...you were the original...
carpe` vaginum!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 10:02:24 PM »
Cheaper then free??  :)  I am "sponsored" by Pride Nutrition and have a huge jug of Glutamine back home, like 1000 Grams.  I promise I will start taking it on Saturday when I return...

:-*
Jennifer

Bast175

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 10:19:11 PM »
Cheaper then free??  :)  I am "sponsored" by Pride Nutrition and have a huge jug of Glutamine back home, like 1000 Grams.  I promise I will start taking it on Saturday when I return...

:-*

why?  it does nothing.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 09:48:52 AM »
Glutamine does nothing?  I doubt that only because when you exercise your body uses and depletes quite a lot of it.  Without the necessary aminos your body slows in recovery time and you'll end up breaking down more muscle.  Though you can find glutamine in all protein sources, as athletes adding in the supplement is a really good way to protect yourself against a deficit. 

Will you "feel" an immediate difference as you may with creatine or caffeine, arginine...no but that doesn't mean it isn't working.
Jennifer

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 10:13:57 AM »
carpe` vaginum!

Bast175

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 10:14:52 AM »
Glutamine does nothing?  I doubt that only because when you exercise your body uses and depletes quite a lot of it.  Without the necessary aminos your body slows in recovery time and you'll end up breaking down more muscle.  Though you can find glutamine in all protein sources, as athletes adding in the supplement is a really good way to protect yourself against a deficit. 

Will you "feel" an immediate difference as you may with creatine or caffeine, arginine...no but that doesn't mean it isn't working.

Well I do just fine in a 'glutamine defecit'.   I used a container of glutamine and got no benefit from it.  If it's an intangible benefit or something insignificant than it's not something I would use.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 01:34:57 PM »
Well I do just fine in a 'glutamine defecit'.   I used a container of glutamine and got no benefit from it.  If it's an intangible benefit or something insignificant than it's not something I would use.

glutamine..is conditionally important..

like after an injury..

the body treats training like an injury..

hope this helps...
carpe` vaginum!