Author Topic: Had a dream about Migs!  (Read 5736 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Had a dream about Migs!
« on: December 28, 2006, 06:21:56 AM »
We were sitting across from each other at my (dead) Grandma's kitchen table.  Migs had wavy dark hair but that's all I really noticed because I was concerned about tweezing an inch-long black hair that was growing out of the middle of my neck! :-X

Even though it was disgusting I knew that Migs was less concerned about the aesthetic aspect as he was about the medical aspect regarding the Jeff Goldblum-Fly-like-hair.

Thanks Migs! :)
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: Had a dream about Migs!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 06:30:53 AM »
ROFLMAO.

Any time hun! lol.  I was scared there for a minute when i read the title.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 06:58:44 AM »
It's still a dream interpreter's gold mine.  Dreaming about hair is sexual in nature...  :-X

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 07:06:38 AM »

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:19:04 AM »
:'(

"To see hair in your dream, signifies sexual virility, seduction, sensuality, vanity, and health. It is indicative of your attitudes. To dream that you are cutting (plucking) your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may feel that someone is trying to censor you. Alternatively, you may be reshaping your thinking or ambitions and eliminating unwanted thoughts/habits. To dream that you are reaching for someone's hair, suggests that you are trying to connect with that person on a spiritual or intellectual level. It also refers to sympathy, protectiveness, and fraternal love."  To dream about dead relatives implies that you miss a certain quality about that person... or some quality you want currently.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 07:37:43 AM »
at least she had a dream about me, lol

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 07:44:19 AM »
please delete this thread

ty!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 07:53:43 AM »

ty!

Lol.  I think she misses him... as do we all.  :)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 10:17:16 AM »
"To see hair in your dream, signifies sexual virility, seduction, sensuality, vanity, and health. It is indicative of your attitudes. To dream that you are cutting (plucking) your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may feel that someone is trying to censor you. Alternatively, you may be reshaping your thinking or ambitions and eliminating unwanted thoughts/habits. To dream that you are reaching for someone's hair, suggests that you are trying to connect with that person on a spiritual or intellectual level. It also refers to sympathy, protectiveness, and fraternal love."  To dream about dead relatives implies that you miss a certain quality about that person... or some quality you want currently.

uh o..

a few days back i dreamt that my hair ws bothering me and so i had it cut...but then didn't like it short...

i ws so relieved when i woke up...

its down to me shoulders  :)
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 12:44:43 PM »

ty!

what's wrong don't you like thinking about plucking super-gross neck hairs when you are sitting down to eat at your kitchen table?

enjoy your dinner :)
R

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 12:55:36 PM »

Freudian dream interpreting generally falls flat on it's arse. Freud's relentless linking of feelings and sensations to sex has long been defaced.
Dreams can usually simply traced back to recent actions situations mixed with seemingly random things. The sleep-neuro-maintenance theory gives a solid explanation for this; when we sleep our brain remains still at 90% active, this is believed to be the brain fireing random neurons to maintain them (neuronal networks have to be activated once in a while else they fade, getting less and less likely to be activated). This explains the random things in dreams. The issues and situations that have been on your mind recently, or just simple recent observations, get more easily activated during the maintenance fase, those neurons are still primed because of the recency of them, thus those situations are recalled in the dream too.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 01:16:39 PM »
Freudian dream interpreting generally falls flat on it's arse. Freud's relentless linking of feelings and sensations to sex has long been defaced.
Dreams can usually simply traced back to recent actions situations mixed with seemingly random things. The sleep-neuro-maintenance theory gives a solid explanation for this; when we sleep our brain remains still at 90% active, this is believed to be the brain fireing random neurons to maintain them (neuronal networks have to be activated once in a while else they fade, getting less and less likely to be activated). This explains the random things in dreams. The issues and situations that have been on your mind recently, or just simple recent observations, get more easily activated during the maintenance fase, those neurons are still primed because of the recency of them, thus those situations are recalled in the dream too.

blah blah, she had a dream about me!  ;D

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »
blah blah, she had a dream about me!  ;D
True  ;D That means she might be spending too much time on this board hehe.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 03:23:01 PM »
True  ;D That means she might be spending too much time on this board hehe.

blah blah blah, lol

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 01:30:04 AM »
blah blah blah, lol

Bah, you're no fun... >:(

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 07:26:14 AM »
yes i am, just being greedy at the moment!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 08:37:17 AM »

Okay, enough about Miggy.  ;D  You seem to know a lot about this.  I know that Freudian interpretation has largely been debunked and mostly was just being facetious.  But how do you explain that some dreams are so vivid versus others... or for example this: I remember reading somewhere that it's perfectly normal after breaking up with someone, to experience terrible nightmares often for an entire year, even if the ex is no longer relevant in any way... as a kind of grieving process, etc. So if that's true, and you aren't consciously thinking of the person, doesn't it imply that the subconscious has a life of its own and operates side to side with the conscious.  I know the surrealists played with this concept all the time.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 08:47:17 AM »

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 09:04:36 AM »
>:(

Lol, okay back to you. I dreamed about you once too.  In the dream I desperately had to find you, and drove to Atlanta (which I would never do on my own in real life as a result of my terrible sense of direction) and for some reason it only took a few minutes to drive halfway across the country. But then, no matter where I went, every street was called Peachtree street, which upset me. So I called my cousin and she said she had gone shopping for jeans with you once. I was then supposed to meet her somewhere but couldn't find the place.  Then lost my celly so couldn't call anyone, and then when I went back to the car I found it had turned into a stick shift (which I don't drive) so was messed up with my ride too. Finally, some stranger who didn't know you, but knew "of you" told me the restaurant you worked at and just as I was walking into the kitchen... woke up.  What do you make of that, Miggy?

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 03:41:41 AM »
Okay, enough about Miggy.  ;D  You seem to know a lot about this.  I know that Freudian interpretation has largely been debunked and mostly was just being facetious.  But how do you explain that some dreams are so vivid versus others... or for example this: I remember reading somewhere that it's perfectly normal after breaking up with someone, to experience terrible nightmares often for an entire year, even if the ex is no longer relevant in any way... as a kind of grieving process, etc. So if that's true, and you aren't consciously thinking of the person, doesn't it imply that the subconscious has a life of its own and operates side to side with the conscious.  I know the surrealists played with this concept all the time.

Breaking up is a long process, your life has pivoted around a single person for a long time. A lot of neuronal activity has been spent on that person so it's not weird to be dreaming of them for a long time still. consciously you seek distraction in an attempt to forget the love you've lost, dreams seem to have a rather random thought evoking process but with recent memories being dominant. This is simply because important information has a lot of different links to activate it, so it is easily remembered/triggered.

I've nevered had any nightmares and I've never heard someone talk about them concering a breakup. It might happen but it's doesn't seem to be the norm in breakup recovery.

Descartes's concept of dualism or Freud's ego, superego and id, very interesting topics, debated ad infinitum. there's a lot of different levels with which to try to explain how the brains works. The biological basis is known, we know how neurons work and interact, what we don't know is how the activation of certain neurons activate a certain memory or behaviour. This sounds like there's just the last pieces of the puzzle to sort out, but in reality it's a mindboggling cleft between the physical and the soul.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 07:09:44 AM »
I really don't know if there is a connection between relationship break-ups and nightmares... I believe the article I read had to do with grieving in general, and the loss of love aspect was thrown in. But, from what you say above, it would make sense, since the person is somehow in your subconscious thoughts, if only because they are no longer around and so routines change, etc...

Am always fascinated by the fact that schizophrenics, other delusional people, are often inspired by their dreams, (see colors and shapes, connections between words, more vividly for instance) and seem to be able to set them down on paper via some artistic endeavour, often in a more dramatic way than the rest of us. Why is that?

Just out of general curiosity, how do you know all this about the brain's workings?

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 05:49:05 AM »
I really don't know if there is a connection between relationship break-ups and nightmares... I believe the article I read had to do with grieving in general, and the loss of love aspect was thrown in. But, from what you say above, it would make sense, since the person is somehow in your subconscious thoughts, if only because they are no longer around and so routines change, etc...

Am always fascinated by the fact that schizophrenics, other delusional people, are often inspired by their dreams, (see colors and shapes, connections between words, more vividly for instance) and seem to be able to set them down on paper via some artistic endeavour, often in a more dramatic way than the rest of us. Why is that?

Just out of general curiosity, how do you know all this about the brain's workings?

I'm a psychology student with an interest in neuropsychology.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 01:19:34 PM »
I'm a psychology student with an interest in neuropsychology.

I figured it was something along those lines.  Btw, your English is unbelievably good.  It seems like a lot of Nederlanders are very articulate in the English language.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 09:50:45 AM »
Thanks, I'm writing my thesis in english, so it should be up to par. My grammatical knowledge is quite good, my vocabulary is extensive but will never equal that of most native speakers. The good thing about university is that you get the time to think up really elaborate sentences, riddled with jargon, whilst trying to have it make sense  ;D.  Makes for good practice.

You are German Deedee? seem to have read that somewhere....lots of germans on my faculty (Groningen).

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 11:40:53 AM »
OK Deedee and Samouri, is there any meaning to a dream where I kept blowing pounds and pounds of cottage cheese out of my left nostril?  There was no end in sight!  :P

R