Author Topic: How about a Pro gets a sponsor for something they ACTUALLY take  (Read 5525 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: How about a Pro gets a sponsor for something they ACTUALLY take
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 03:22:04 PM »
most of supplements sold is protein. protein is food. food works. free food is good.
Z

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2006, 03:22:48 PM »
do you guys actually think that the pros don't use any supplements? when jay gets a sponsorship from muscletech, he gets free shit. do you honestly believe that he's turning down free protein and whatever else? i have no doubts ronnie uses the entire BSN line. why wouldn't he? he's not paying for it.

Because any pro will tell you that is Nothing better for pump than Annadrol, screw NO-Xplode...

I bet you antything Ronnie and some of the other Pro actually LAUGH at some of these label claims.  They might not admit but I garuntee they do.

As I stated above they ALL use Protein Powders, Multi's, antiox., maybe Glu/Chon....thats about it...

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2006, 03:28:29 PM »
most of supplements sold is protein. protein is food. food works. free food is good.

haha all these boneheads  think they are revolutionaries because they don't take "protein powders" when these powders are a great convienence in my opinion I suppose for the poor it is a way of denying any possible benefits of the convienences found in the supplement market.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2006, 07:28:47 PM »
LMAO!   :D  WHAT the HELL EVER!!!!

I use all the atlarge product line....Great stuff. seriously.

Report to moderator    Logged 

akers1021
Getbig II

« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:11:11 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: RHINO290 on Today at 10:42:53 AM
I use all the atlarge product line....Great stuff. seriously.

Rhino, I hate be the bearer of bad news to you, but you look like SHIT my delusional friend.  Muslemag (which I don't read often but in which Guy Grundy NAILED your sorry-ass physique in) put you in your place.  You would LEAVE a PDI show and tell people that you know that you are a REAL, "PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDER" when, in fact, you look like HAMMERED SHIT.  Your physique would have trouble winning a LOCAL SHOW, Rhino.  You look like hammered SHIT, and that is exactly how you would be judged in an NPC National Show.  You are a DELUSIONAL JOKE.

As for the rest of the dumbass, delusional, lying, POS supposed PRO'S in this thread, why in the hell would you NOT choose to endorse a company that has TRULY, HONESTLY and POSITIVELY affected your career...your STERIOD DISTRIBUTION COMPANY OF CHOICE?  Let's be honest here:   You ASS CLOWNS get on your KNEES for Muscle-Tech, Universal, EAS or BSN when you KNOW, in your damn SOUL, that the DRUGS are why you ARE where you ARE.  You know it....we know it....the morons who read the mags know it.  Why continue to live the LIE?  You could line up with a pharmaceutical company and say to them, "Look...your shit is why I have taken slightly (and it is slightly...nothing more) above genetics and gone to a profesional stage.  How about we let the world know what your DRUGS have done for my INDEPENDENT ASS????"

I might be wishing for too much, but I damn sure guarantee you that our resident drug addicts (Also known as I.F.B.B. Pro's) won't come CLEAN on this thread...or any other thread.  Why?  Because they don't have the damn BALLS to admit to everyone how many drugs they use.  These guys are the SCURGE of humanity.  Disgraceful, apathetic losers.  Looking in the mirror, they will KNOW that they live a lie, but they suppor this lie with the excuss that "Everyone else uses a LOT of shit"...and if they all jumped off a bridge these FAKES would, too.

You I.F.B.B. pro's, and many of you sorry assed NPC national competitors who are completely out of touch with reality, need to look in the mirror and ask yourself if you respect what you see.  Many of you have drug (literally and physically) people into your lifestyle.  It's all you know.  The drug culture of today's bodybuidling society was created by CHEATERS like you....but hey...what is cheating when everyone is doing it?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006, 08:17:49 PM »
What I want to know is........WHO'S OFFERING??

What "drug companies" have expressed an interest in sponsoring any Pro BBers?

So far in my experience, I've never heard of any athlete turning down an offer from Organon etc..

$250K a year, I'll endorse their company...bring 'em on!

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2006, 08:23:28 PM »
What I want to know is........WHO'S OFFERING??

What "drug companies" have expressed an interest in sponsoring any Pro BBers?

So far in my experience, I've never heard of any athlete turning down an offer from Organon etc..

$250K a year, I'll endorse their company...bring 'em on!

You make 250 grand off a supplement endorsement? Damn.
Squishy face retard

400plus

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2006, 08:28:07 PM »
why do people hate on what some one take? If you take juice or don't pat take that on you. someone want a pro to tell what he take, is like:How much bud you smoke, how many time you jack-off a day.and if Ford want to pay me to be in their ads but I Have a  Nissan and ford  is free .ford here I come A man  Have to work How many here control their job??? NO ONE!!!

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2006, 08:28:50 PM »
Come on now, Chick...

You KNOW that THEY aren't going to OFFER up their SUPPORT without YOU or another I.F.B.B. Pro laying their TRAINING SOUL on the line.  WHY have none of you ever had an offer?  Because you all will NOT BE OPEN and HONEST about your drug-use.

IF one of you were to be HONEST about things, offering to list your DRUG-USAGE to the world, I would suspect that some of these companies would put you all as their POSTER-CHILDREN.

Bob C, ask yourself this:

Without the drugs that can be obtained through a variety of ways (both legally and illegally), would YOU be where you are today?  The answer (and I'll do it for you) is NO!  

If you were to NEGOTIATE with these companies, I believe they would sponsor YOU and other I.F.B.B. Pro's, MUCH MORE SO than Muscle-Tech, BSN or other bullthit companies like that.  These Pharm companies deal in BILLIONS of DOLLARS a year, Chic.  Why not work your way into capitalizing upon this profit (profit which is made, to a LARGE EXTENT, on what you I.F.B.B. guys do in the U.S.)?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2006, 08:30:56 PM »
All you can eat at the New Nubain Cafe
$

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2006, 08:32:04 PM »
You're forgeting one big important factor...

They don't need us. They're not going to make any more money if a IFBB pro endorsed their products. What would their advantage be?

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 08:52:14 PM »
What would their advantage be?????????

How about them putting YOU, Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, Dexter Jackson, Vic Martinez, Phil Heath and the 30 "PRO'S" below them in their ads?  Could they do this the way things currently stand?  NO.  BUT, if YOU and your bodybuilding BREATHERN would lay the truth and the future on these companies, they'd crack faster than Ron Kovacs in his wheel-chair in "Born on the 4th Of July", Chic.

You live the lie...the supplement companies live the lie...the pharm companies live the lie....it's all a HUGE LIE!  And, Chic, I truly and honestly respect what you have done.  You MORE than paid your dues for the sport. 

Bob, you and I both know that the "sport" is corrupt to to the core.  You could be an influence on changing it but you choose not to...why???

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2006, 09:03:54 PM »
one time i was at wallmart and this Asian dude had a copy of muscular developement open...And he was telling his freind that to get huge he had to use N02 with Creatine...And his freinds response was, "you mean you can't get huge on creatine alone". Keep in mind that he was asian and had a double chin for christs sake...This had me laughing for weeks..These two fools were talking about creatine as it were an anabolic steriod... ;D

Another time i was at the vitaminshope and i was buying a 25 dollar container of whey protein..And some dude who was about 250 lbs of fat, said hey you want to get big..Try the nitro tech with cell tech..This had me laughing for weeks as well..

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 09:06:28 PM »
If this were prior to 1991, you might have a good point...but when the law changed making it a schedule 3 drug, illegal without perscription...it changed everything.

No one is going to endorse an illegal drug...not steroids, not cocaine, not heroin, etc...

Hell, they even banned smoking comercials and endorsements back in the early 70's...and they still sell them at the counter!!

Nice idea...wrong product.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 09:15:28 PM »
Well, other companies may choose NOT to be associated with an athlete promoting outwardly, the use of illegal drugs.

I'm sure the federation would also not be too pleased with an athlete endorsing drugs that are against the rules of that federation.

It would be a little more dificult than you think....not likley to happen.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2006, 09:22:27 PM »

A) I am 31 yrs old
B) I have not payed for supps in over 3 years I get everything FREE
c)Lesson Over

OK so u blow the local GNC guy... big deal!;)

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2006, 11:32:42 PM »
Unreal...

Chic, have you EVER THOUGHT about BEING HONEST WITH YOURSELF or with those who hold you as an idol?

I simply don't understand you guys.  Honestly, I don't see how you all look in the mirror each day and hold respect for yourselves.  You know that the drugs are the main reason why you are where you are.  You can play the "genetics" card all you want, but, what sets a LOT of I.F.B.B. pro's apart from some who aren't is just their knowledge of drugs and willingness to push the envelope regarding them.  You all prop yourselves up as some kind of GOD-LIKE figure for all to see and then look DOWN on people who don't use to the extent that you do (or, worse yet, who don't use at all).

The whole gig is a big lie.  It's all almost comical from the outside looking in.  You guys didn't even MAKE YOU...the drugs did.  Yet you won't admit it. Why?  Pride?  Hell, who knows.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2006, 08:16:47 AM »
Unreal...

Chic, have you EVER THOUGHT about BEING HONEST WITH YOURSELF or with those who hold you as an idol?

I simply don't understand you guys.  Honestly, I don't see how you all look in the mirror each day and hold respect for yourselves.  You know that the drugs are the main reason why you are where you are.  You can play the "genetics" card all you want, but, what sets a LOT of I.F.B.B. pro's apart from some who aren't is just their knowledge of drugs and willingness to push the envelope regarding them.  You all prop yourselves up as some kind of GOD-LIKE figure for all to see and then look DOWN on people who don't use to the extent that you do (or, worse yet, who don't use at all).

The whole gig is a big lie.  It's all almost comical from the outside looking in.  You guys didn't even MAKE YOU...the drugs did.  Yet you won't admit it. Why?  Pride?  Hell, who knows.

You give WAAAAAAAY to much credit to drugs. If you were a pro BB, you would know that steroids play part but are certainly NOT what made anyone a champion.

Drugs don't diet for 16 weeks, don't do your cardio for you...an hour at a clip...2X/ day, drugs don't lift the weights for you, drugs don't get your ass in the gym for YEARS, and push through when things are tough.

Pro's don't "look down" on others that don't use as much, or at all....they simply don't care.

It's those like yourself, apparently, that DO care...for whatever reason I don't know.

To each his own...take them, dint take them.

I've never "pushed the envelope"...and never bitched about it either. Maybe I could have done better, won more shows, turned pro years earlier,etc....maybe not. It was my decision to do what I did...no regrets and God bless those that do choose to go for it.

You're talking foolishly, as you wouldn't know the other side of the coin to make an honest assessment and have a valued opinion about "what it takes"...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2006, 08:24:59 AM »
If they say it HELPED them get a better body and they actually use it, that's fine. Even if they don't use it, it's upto us to realise when that's most likely the case.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2006, 08:49:20 AM »
do you guys actually think that the pros don't use any supplements? when jay gets a sponsorship from muscletech, he gets free shit. do you honestly believe that he's turning down free protein and whatever else? i have no doubts ronnie uses the entire BSN line. why wouldn't he? he's not paying for it.
I doubt Ronnie even knows what ANY BSN product is or does. I swear to God if you were to appraoch Ronnie at an expo(after you get through his entorage of family members moving you along so you CAN'T have the oppurtunity to ask him anything that would require him to think) and you were to ask him...''Hey Ronnie...do you combine noXplode and Nitrix at the same time or do you use them at different times? "

His real answer would be.."...you know I take em " Then there would be about 5 seconds of silence then you ask..."Ronnie...I thought caffiene and arginine doesn't synergistically work together?" His answer would be..."They both work GOOD".

"Hey Ronnie...why does BSN use an inferior type of whey in the form of concentrate before a superior form of whey in isolate...is it to cut cost of making the product to pour more revenue into ads? "

"...well you know...it taste good and it works".

I'm being honest. IF you had the time to get him to answer any questions about BSN products that's what he would say...but after a handshake his 40 sisters move you along so you have no time to get him to think.
?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2006, 09:08:36 AM »
so what, ronnie might not be a rocket scientist but he's bigger than you and i bet he could BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU BLOCKHEAD!!!
Z

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2006, 09:09:34 AM »
so what, ronnie might not be a rocket scientist but he's bigger than you and i bet he could BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU BLOCKHEAD!!!

hahahaha, threats of violence meltdown.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2006, 09:18:06 AM »

Hahahahahahaha!

He's twice the size and he might be able to but I aint no rocket scientist either but allow me to answer the questions...

"Well...I would go witht he NoXplode beofre your workout...hell, put it in a water-bottle and sip on it. The caffiene and creatine in it will give you a pep and possibly even make you a little bit stronger which is a good thing. The NITRIX? I'd go with a serving which is 3 tablets at night before you got o bed. Studies show that arginine AKG in your stomach during sleep can promote release of growth hormone. It can't hurt."

"..oh, well yea see I read that caffiene is a vaso CONSTRICTOR and arginine is a vaso DIALATOR so when both are used I can see how one can 'cancel', if you will, the other out but that's in excessivley high dosages...the dosage in NoXplode are so precise and scientifically formulated that I doubt it would make any negative effect but yet...a positive effect in blood flow and energy."

"...you see...a spectrum of different proteins in best. BSN uses concentrate and isolate along with casein. There is a whole different spectrum of amino acid profiles in each form so BSN tries not to limit themselves to only ONE type but a few different types to get the most bang for you buck."

See? It aint that hard.
?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2006, 09:19:48 AM »
hahahaha, threats of violence meltdown.

they're the best. we need more of them here but your pussy style makes people think twice of threatening with violence these days and that makes this whole place a lot more boring  >:(
Z

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »
blockhead, i guarantee if you asked him the same questions concerning steroids he'd answer just as dumbly. "hey is it a good idea to mix esters? it always seemed superfluous to me"   "steroids make ya big"     "...thanks, ronnie."

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2006, 09:57:44 AM »

I agree.

Ever wonder why he has a giant team of family members surrounding him at expos? it's to shoo away and move along those who ask him ANYTHING that would require him to think.

"Hey Ronnie...do you think it's best to do leg extension with a moderate weight for high reps or do you think leg extensions should be treated like any other muscle or exercise and just go with heavier weights for lower reps?"

Answer: "Well...you know...they work for your legs and all...I do em."

"Hey Ronnie...what do you like bettr as far as taste goes...Syntha6 or Pure Mass and what do you mix them with? "

Answer: "...well you know I take em and like em both."

Uh huh.
?