Author Topic: WARNING ABOUT MY LIFESTYLE...(may be too much for getbig.com)  (Read 1376 times)

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
  • Nobody is jealous of a loser!
WARNING ABOUT MY LIFESTYLE...(may be too much for getbig.com)
« on: December 30, 2006, 05:14:48 AM »
I have a huge admission to make on here, and I hope it is not too much for everyone to handle....

Over this past year 2006....I have been not into the hardcore bodybuilding lifestyle as I was in many previous years, and I have been running longer distance running races, like 10Ks and half marathons.  They have actually been super super fun.

In that time many of my friends have ask me to do some triathlons with them, and I am signed up for a Half Ironman called the Eagleman in June of 2007.  So i have started training for this and as of last night....I BOUGHT THIS SUPER SICK TRI-BIKE!!  IT IS AWESOME...AND I AM actually leaving right now to go use it at North Park even though it is 20 degrees outside.  Yikes, but i am pumped.

Does anyone else here do running races or triathlons?  I am admitting so far the bodybuilding lifestyle is just as difficult as training for triathlons. 

-Slick
Sleep Big.

sandycoosworth

Re: WARNING ABOUT MY LIFESTYLE...(may be too much for getbig.com)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 07:31:19 AM »
my boss runs marathons .... when hes training he gets his wife to drop him off x many miles away from the house with a quarter so any way you slice it hes running that distance ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 11:08:37 AM »
I have a huge admission to make on here, and I hope it is not too much for everyone to handle....

Over this past year 2006....I have been not into the hardcore bodybuilding lifestyle as I was in many previous years, and I have been running longer distance running races, like 10Ks and half marathons.  They have actually been super super fun.

In that time many of my friends have ask me to do some triathlons with them, and I am signed up for a Half Ironman called the Eagleman in June of 2007.  So i have started training for this and as of last night....I BOUGHT THIS SUPER SICK TRI-BIKE!!  IT IS AWESOME...AND I AM actually leaving right now to go use it at North Park even though it is 20 degrees outside.  Yikes, but i am pumped.

Does anyone else here do running races or triathlons?  I am admitting so far the bodybuilding lifestyle is just as difficult as training for triathlons. 

-Slick

you are a disgrace to pittsburgh :P

E
E

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 12:16:07 PM »
don't beat yourself up big guy! in the years that i have been using this site, i have never claimed to be an actual bodybuilder either. ( i just like lifting weights.) i am no hardcore!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:24:11 PM »
My new years "thing" is to train to run the Philadelphia marathon.
$

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
I GOT HIT BY A CAR TODAY!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 03:33:45 PM »
I was riding my new bicycle that I got YESTERDAY,  and some asshole in a car pulled in front of me ( I was coming down a hill and going very fast), but I dodged and he just grazed me....I went flying though through some sinders and then on into some grass.  My bike seat and my right elbow and forearm took most of the hit and the fall.  I am super lucky, as I only have some big abrasions on my right forearm and elbow (I had 2 bike shirts on and they ate up most of the cinders that should have been embedded in my arm).  I am getting a little sore right now, and I will prob be worse tomorrow. 

The dude stopped and we exchanged numbers and all that stuff.  But super traumatizing for me and the dude I was riding with, and the guy in the car, and all the bystanders who were running and biking also. 

The thing that is fucked up, is that I just bought this bike LAST NIGHT!!!  and I went right back to the store where I got it and showed it to the guy who runs it, and he said "didn't I give a new bike when you left?"  haha it was funny.  The bike only had some scratches and a flat front tire.  He is looking it over to check for other stuff. 

Crazy day....I have pictures of injuries if anyone wants to see. 
Sleep Big.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 04:24:53 PM »
you are a disgrace to pittsburgh :P

E

Pittsburgh itself is a disgrace to Pittsburgh

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 04:38:26 PM »
Pittsburgh itself is a disgrace to Pittsburgh

where are you from?

i'm betting cleveland

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: I GOT HIT BY A CAR TODAY!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 04:39:15 PM »

Crazy day....I have pictures of injuries if anyone wants to see. 

post them up buddy :D :D

E
E

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 07:56:27 PM »
I GOT HIT BY A CAR AND NO ONE CARES...HAHA FUNNY.    :'(

Sleep Big.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 08:13:04 PM »

-Slick

That is a real test of your mental strength. Takes a real man to do that. My best wishes to you. Set goals like in bodybuilding and you will sore. I run for 15 minutes after each training session if that counts? ;D
just push some weight!