Author Topic: In WWII How did they decide....  (Read 7661 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
In WWII How did they decide....
« on: December 30, 2006, 04:49:34 PM »
Who would be drafted to what theater?

Seems like every Veteran I know of from Ohio went to Europe?
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: In WWII How did they decide....
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 05:46:07 PM »
I'm not exactly sure, but deployments are generally based on the needs of the military.  Depending on when you joined, the need was stateside, Europe, Korea, or Vietnam (now the Middle East).  When I joined most of the new recruits went to Germany.  Except 1 out of about 150 who went to Hawaii.   ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 05:55:06 PM »
I'm not exactly sure, but deployments are generally based on the needs of the military.  Depending on when you joined, the need was stateside, Europe, Korea, or Vietnam (now the Middle East).  When I joined most of the new recruits went to Germany.  Except 1 out of about 150 who went to Hawaii.   ;D

You like how FDR pulled the rug and let your asses get bombed at Pearl harbor?

At least he was nice enough to move out all the nice boats and leave the shit onshore for the kamikaze target practice.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 06:24:43 PM »

You like how FDR pulled the rug and let your asses get bombed at Pearl harbor?

At least he was nice enough to move out all the nice boats and leave the shit onshore for the kamikaze target practice.

How can we be sure they were boats in the first place?  They look like doctored photogrpahs to me.  I think those ships were never there to begin with.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 07:10:56 PM »
I'm not exactly sure, but deployments are generally based on the needs of the military.  Depending on when you joined, the need was stateside, Europe, Korea, or Vietnam (now the Middle East).  When I joined most of the new recruits went to Germany.  Except 1 out of about 150 who went to Hawaii.   ;D

LOL... Would be awesome to join up and be sent to paradise.   ;D
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »
LOL... Would be awesome to join up and be sent to paradise.   ;D

Oh yeah.  Some of my classmates hated me, particularly the ones who were sent to Korea.   ;D  I could have done much worse.  I asked for Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Monterey and they gave me Hawaii.  Go figure.   ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 07:47:22 PM »
How can we be sure they were boats in the first place?  They look like doctored photogrpahs to me.  I think those ships were never there to begin with.
Ozmo, I think you're going to far, I mean sarcasm and mockery with every single post. :-\  Of course not everything that is brought to the table conspiracy wise is going to be true.   We all know that... This is like standard operating procedures for trying to establish an accurate final conspiracy theory. Sometimes some crazy stuff gets tossed out in group think and although it might be a completely wrong conclusion, it might be inspired by an element of truth and something might come of that wrong direction.  Someone might say, you know I see what you're trying to say but look at it this way, it makes more sense... ahhhh ding ding ding I didn't think of that!... But if all you ever have is sarcasm and ridicule,.. man, that's messed up...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 08:15:50 PM »
Ozmo, I think you're going to far, I mean sarcasm and mockery with every single post. :-\  Of course not everything that is brought to the table conspiracy wise is going to be true.   We all know that... This is like standard operating procedures for trying to establish an accurate final conspiracy theory. Sometimes some crazy stuff gets tossed out in group think and although it might be a completely wrong conclusion, it might be inspired by an element of truth and something might come of that wrong direction.  Someone might say, you know I see what you're trying to say but look at it this way, it makes more sense... ahhhh ding ding ding I didn't think of that!... But if all you ever have is sarcasm and ridicule,.. man, that's messed up...

I agree.  It's messed up.

However it doesn't change the lunacy of the assertions.  For example:  There's a "flat earth" club in the USA.

At some point the "group" must not let fantasy and histeria get in the way of common sense and objectivety. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »
It's not all that messed up.  Some of this stuff is just plain stupid.  It's also disrespectful to the victims, their families, and our service members.  If someone is going to post absurd theories on a public message board, then he or she shouldn't be surprised, upset, offended, etc. when someone points out how stupid it is.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 11:31:52 PM »
However it doesn't change the lunacy of the assertions.  For example:  There's a "flat earth" club in the USA.

Back in the day, the "flat earth" was the popular belief, even though men of science used shadows in different places at the same time to prove otherwise.

Back in the day, a wise man deduced from star patterns that the Earth was not the center of the galaxy.

These men used analysis of the very same objects we all looked at - shadows and light - to determine that the popularly held opinion was wrong.

They were mocked for it by stupid people.  Those people are now owned by history and advancement of ideas through analysis.  As you will one day be.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 12:03:44 AM »
240>Galileo
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 12:11:54 AM »
240>Galileo

Galileowned.

The dude spent the last ten years of his life under house arrest because he said the Earth revolved around the sun.

He could show them, scientifically, without a doubt, that the Earth orbited the sun.  They could not debate him on that.  But, since they had been conditioned to believe one thing and consider all contrary, no matter how well-proven, to be evil... well, their only answer was to lock him up and throw away the key.

It's been like that throughout history and it will continue to be.  Anytime you think you KNOW something, it's because you've been told it repeatedly by someone who coincidentally benefits from your believing it ;)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 12:13:00 AM »
Galileowned.

The dude spent the last ten years of his life under house arrest because he said the Earth revolved around the sun.

He could show them, scientifically, without a doubt, that the Earth orbited the sun.  They could not debate him on that.  But, since they had been conditioned to believe one thing and consider all contrary, no matter how well-proven, to be evil... well, their only answer was to lock him up and throw away the key.

It's been like that throughout history and it will continue to be.  Anytime you think you KNOW something, it's because you've been told it repeatedly by someone who coincidentally benefits from your believing it ;)

I know man, it's sad.  :(
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 12:17:46 AM »
Plus, for good measure, the group of trainers will toss in an emotional response for good measure, and try to win loyalty.  Fear plus nationalism will get a lot of people to ignore a lot of facts.  if Hollywood tried selling you the 9/11 story, you'd laugh them out of the theater.  Imagine Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet kissing when WTC7 just falls for no fvcking reason.  You'd scratch you head and demand a reason.  Two thumbs down!

but, when you're scared shitless and you're being told by a trusted one that someone who looks different from you in a faraway place did it, you immediately take solace that the threat is gone now, and your protectors are taking care of you.  You turn on American Idol and get back on autopilot.  Anything which disrputs that peace is suddenly a very big problem and you'll ignore, mock, attack, and fight it, even when it really does make sense.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 11:03:13 AM »
I agree.  It's messed up.

At some point the "group" must not let fantasy and histeria get in the way of common sense and objectivety. 
FUNNY how this very same thing has been said by people even on conspiracies that turned out to be true... I had people telling me this shit when we were all arguing over Tom Delay's conspiracy.  Then over Jack Abermoff's and there's still part of that whole deal that I feel goes even deeper where I get mocked for thinking, we'll see in time... Most of my family was furious saying this exactly in defense of Richard Nixon and my mother still occasionally brings up what a dissapointment it was being wrong.  People said this of the USS Liberty accusations, oops, turns out to be true...  People actually said this of the corporate coup to oust FDR.  It was secretly financed and organized by leading officers of the Morgan and Du Pont empires and included some of the most powerful men in America. People had the nerve to say the most decorated Marine in history, Smedley Butler, was full of lunacy with his assertions.  Butler spilled the beans and stopped the coup but Butler was not vindicated in public until 1967, when journalist John Spivak uncovered the Committee's internal secret report which clearly confirmed Butler's story.  So Butler saved us from becoming a fascist state that was to be modeled after Mussolini's fascism, FACT...  So I do not like that a Marine legend went to his grave being thought of by people like you as a nutjob.  I'm not saying you should not poke fun at certain ideas but when you have nothing but mockery that's where I have to ask WTF Ahab...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 11:10:01 AM »
FUNNY how this very same thing has been said by people even on conspiracies that turned out to be true... I had people telling me this shit when we were all arguing over Tom Delay's conspiracy.  Then over Jack Abermoff's and there's still part of that whole deal that I feel goes even deeper where I get mocked for thinking, we'll see in time... Most of my family was furious saying this exactly in defense of Richard Nixon and my mother still occasionally brings up what a dissapointment it was being wrong.  People said this of the USS Liberty accusations, oops, turns out to be true...  People actually said this of the corporate coup to oust FDR.  It was secretly financed and organized by leading officers of the Morgan and Du Pont empires and included some of the most powerful men in America. People had the nerve to say the most decorated Marine in history, Smedley Butler, was full of lunacy with his assertions.  Butler spilled the beans and stopped the coup but Butler was not vindicated in public until 1967, when journalist John Spivak uncovered the Committee's internal secret report which clearly confirmed Butler's story.  So Butler saved us from becoming a fascist state that was to be modeled after Mussolini's fascism, FACT...  So I do not like that a Marine legend went to his grave being thought of by people like you as a nutjob.  I'm not saying you should not poke fun at certain ideas but when you have nothing but mockery that's where I have to ask WTF Ahab...

WTF Ahab?

Answer:  hologram theory

get it?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 11:20:10 AM »

Give it a rest.

This is a political board not a conspiracy board although you and 240 act like it is.

Corporate take over of the US hardly.
There would have been a large scale military intervention before that would have taken place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot
Notice how the senate knew and agreed with Butler but did nothing, because it wasn't a credible threat.
Z

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 11:31:24 AM »
Give it a rest.

This is a political board not a conspiracy board although you and 240 act like it is.

Corporate take over of the US hardly.
There would have been a large scale military intervention before that would have taken place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot
Notice how the senate knew and agreed with Butler but did nothing, because it wasn't a credible threat.

What are you, ozmo's daddy?  I wasn't talking to you, stop budding in...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 11:32:37 AM »
WTF Ahab?

Answer:  hologram theory

get it?
I was refering to your constant mockery on every aspect of 9/11 CT as if I didn't make that clear ::)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 11:35:23 AM »
What are you, ozmo's daddy?  I wasn't talking to you, stop budding in...
Ummm... if you wanted a private conversation PM him.
Z

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 11:38:28 AM »
I was refering to your constant mockery on every aspect of 9/11 CT as if I didn't make that clear ::)

Nope,  re-read everything, i've debated many many points about 9/11 with 240 ove rthe last few months,  i started getting "mocking" lately with this hologram theory.  Anything that might have been considered derogetory or mocking  was part of a debate tactic in response to similar tactics or tactics initiate by me.

I didn't really get insulting until this hologram theory.  I fully admit it.  It's messed up.  But so is thinking it was a hologram.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 11:39:26 AM »

He blocked me from responding to his PM's.   :P

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 11:43:18 AM »
And you are done trying to make the rules around here... Conspiracy theory that involves the gov is fair game on this board... Get that thought your thick skull buddy, it's not changing.  If it doesn't involve the gov, then it shouldn't be on this board and I believe I have moved one of those threads.  But If I'm accusing the government of a conspiracy, you better bet it goes in political...  Also don't be ignorant, had Butler went with the plotters, it could very well have transpired.  But he foiled the plot... You're dead as wrong, the conspiracy has been authenticated... Enjoy...  OH, and you are DONE giving me links and expecting me to review anything you provide... If you want that to change, you can change your policy of not reviewing anything provided to you.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 11:44:10 AM »
He blocked me from responding to his PM's.   :P
I unblocked you 5 minutes after.  I just thought it was a fun imature way of saying, piss off asshole.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 11:45:31 AM »
Nope,  re-read everything, i've debated many many points about 9/11 with 240 ove rthe last few months,  i started getting "mocking" lately with this hologram theory.  Anything that might have been considered derogetory or mocking  was part of a debate tactic in response to similar tactics or tactics initiate by me.

I didn't really get insulting until this hologram theory.  I fully admit it.  It's messed up.  But so is thinking it was a hologram.
Oh brother, you know I was talking about lately, everyone is well aware of all the debates we use to have.