Author Topic: UFC 67 All Or Nothing - the debut of CroCop  (Read 3590 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
UFC 67 All Or Nothing - the debut of CroCop
« on: December 31, 2006, 03:13:52 AM »
confirmed so far are:

GEORGES ST. PIERRE vs. MATT SERRA

ANDERSON SILVA vs. TRAVIS LUTTER

QUINTON "Rampage" JACKSON vs. MARVIN EASTMAN

MIRKO "Cro Cop" FILIPOPIVC vs. EDDIE SANCHEZ

Im saying GSP, Silva, Rampage and Crocop are easy winners
Scouser on Tour

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
Re: UFC 67 All Or Nothing - the debut of CroCop
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 04:32:17 AM »
I could care less about the TUF winners' title shots.  After the lackluster mention early on, they started giving Rampage and Mirko the hype they deserve.  Honestly, I wasn't planning to buy 67 until I heard about those 2... 8)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 04:36:06 AM »
TUF winners have earned a contract, nothing more. They seem to be flooded into the ranks to capitalise on their "reality TV" notoriety and im sick of it. The real fighters like Mirko, Silva (im REALLY liking this guy now!) and Rampage have made their names through fighting to the best of their abilities, not because they whooped some 3rd rate fighters brought together for a reality show.
Scouser on Tour

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 04:57:04 AM »
Did you notice the quote of the night about mirko.  "He can make 205."

I got a little hard when they said that... ;D

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 05:10:38 AM »
ha ha he could make 205 and i dont think he would lose alot of power, his skills alone should see him walk through most of the division. Keeping him at HW is the best option, i dont think Dana wants his 2 big poster boys wiped out by the same man. There is nobody to challenge him in the HW division, Arlovski has shown he can be put away and Tim would be rich pickings for him. Mirko is possibly the only guy who Tim would face that could knock him out with a head kick. This is Mirko's division now, theres always the element of luck i.e. the Randleman KO, but put that aside and he is unstoppable in UFC. Fedor is the only man in the world that could give him a fight
Scouser on Tour

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 05:25:06 AM »
Yeah, but I just get a kick of him walking around w/ the lthvy and hvy belts on each shoulder, and telling Dana to go get Fedor so he'd actually have a fight... ;D

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 02:38:10 PM »
i really do feel cro cop will dominate the ufc. if dana can get fedor over here the ufc will be in buisness
irongearco.com

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 03:28:24 PM »
The UFC putting more than 2 big name fighters on one card!! The apocalypse is upon us!!!!!!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 03:54:40 PM »
Sanchez might not want to make plans for about a month after the fight cause that's about how long it'll take for him to get out of the coma.

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 06:32:33 PM »
The GSP Vs. Serra fight what a F!@#ing waste of time instead of waiting 2 to 3 months to see GSP in a real fight, we have to wait 4-6 months. FOr the record all the guys from the comback season suck, most boring season yet. Theres a reason why there not fighting UFC anymore because they suck.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 06:38:29 PM »
They were promised a title shot for winning the show. It kind of sucks, but it would be stupid to not honor that.

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 06:57:49 PM »
They were promised a title shot for winning the show. It kind of sucks, but it would be stupid to not honor that.

I definitely understand they have to honor their agreements. Its just sucks to order a UFC payper view and see Matt Serra in the main event. They should have put this fight on spike on a Thursday night.  Maybe he will shock the world! but hes so short including his arms I don't know what he could possibly due against GSP,

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 07:03:22 PM »
I would love to see Vera/Crocop.  They better make use of Vera's last fight, or get him under contract to offer some excitement for the heavyweights/lightheavys.  After CC wins the title, who does he defend against.  If he were to drop, what would Zuffa gain by having one marquee fighter instead of two? 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 11:28:38 PM »
every fight is a complete mismatch

E
E

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 12:06:38 AM »
every fight is a complete mismatch

E

You think? 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 11:05:49 AM »
yeah :)

E
E

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 11:15:11 AM »
The only reason to watch UFC67 is for the fanfare of seeing Rampage and CroCop debut.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 12:18:43 PM »
I would love to see Vera/Crocop.  They better make use of Vera's last fight, or get him under contract to offer some excitement for the heavyweights/lightheavys.  After CC wins the title, who does he defend against.  If he were to drop, what would Zuffa gain by having one marquee fighter instead of two? 

Vera will be champ mark my words!  I like him over Tim but Arlovski and Crocop will present major problems for him as their styles clash imo...

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 12:52:25 PM »
No GSP for 67.  Arlovski chin would prevent him from beating Vera, much less Mirko. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 04:06:01 PM »
card sucks. it's great to have both crocop and rampage in the ufc, that's the best news in years actually... however, for now, it's just a display... and i am worried for crocop and the heavy weight division because seriously, who's gonna be able to take him on? we're gonna see him fighting a few cans and maybe in 6 months he'll fight sylvia... and then what

rampage vs chuck is a legitimate fight though. both of rampage form and because he beat chuck before. that's the real deal.

serra against gsp is a joke. travis lutter is good though. i dont think match is a given.
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »
card sucks. it's great to have both crocop and rampage in the ufc, that's the best news in years actually... however, for now, it's just a display... and i am worried for crocop and the heavy weight division because seriously, who's gonna be able to take him on? we're gonna see him fighting a few cans and maybe in 6 months he'll fight sylvia... and then what

rampage vs chuck is a legitimate fight though. both of rampage form and because he beat chuck before. that's the real deal.

serra against gsp is a joke. travis lutter is good though. i dont think match is a given.

This is what I said. As great as it is that CroCop is in the UFC, I'm more disappointed than anything. He had some of the most entertaining fights in Pride and now he's just going to be laying into people who have no business being in the ring with him. It's going to get boring fast. It's not like they have anyone that even poses a chance against him.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »
I definitely understand they have to honor their agreements. Its just sucks to order a UFC payper view and see Matt Serra in the main event. They should have put this fight on spike on a Thursday night.  Maybe he will shock the world! but hes so short including his arms I don't know what he could possibly due against GSP,

i agree it would have made a great fight night special. i really think its going to be a boring night
irongearco.com

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 01:54:30 AM »
This is what I said. As great as it is that CroCop is in the UFC, I'm more disappointed than anything. He had some of the most entertaining fights in Pride and now he's just going to be laying into people who have no business being in the ring with him. It's going to get boring fast. It's not like they have anyone that even poses a chance against him.

CC in the UFC is going to be reminiscent of those 40 second Mike Tyson knockouts of the early 90's LOL
he's just gonna walk through the whole roster.

H4eafy

• Getbig III
  • I will Stop Procrastinating... Tomorrow
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 08:14:59 AM »
This will hopefully be the start of pride fighters fighting in the UFC. There are so many fights that need to happen. This should of happned ages ago.

I hope wanderlei silva makes his way over to fight chuck. Although it looks like one of these thing that will remain too good to be true.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 08:50:33 AM »
i agree it would have made a great fight night special. i really think its going to be a boring night

Has UFC ever shown a title bout on UFN instead of PPV?  That's the only logical reason I can think of that these matches are PPV.  I'm assuming the purses for Silva and GSP to defend are too high for free TV. 

Please note that this will probably be one of only maybe 2 situations that I'll Write UFC and purses that are too high in the same sentence. ;D