Author Topic: Tool vs Guns n roses - who wins  (Read 6635 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Tool vs Guns n roses - who wins
« on: December 31, 2006, 09:17:24 AM »
Who do you think would win? D.C. is huge as f**k, and slash & axle are just "badasses"  so who would win? Maynard is badass in his own way, but physically & fighting skill wise im not sure... what yall noogers think? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Tool vs Guns n roses - who wins
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 09:23:14 AM »
Axl never backed up his shit talking.

"Get in the Ring" challenged Bob Guicciano Jr at Spin Mag.

Bob, a black belt, quickly accepted.

GNR's mgmt team then declined.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 09:25:39 AM »
Axl never backed up his shit talking.

"Get in the Ring" challenged Bob Guicciano Jr at Spin Mag.

Bob, a black belt, quickly accepted.

GNR's mgmt team then declined.

BOB GIUTTCIANO JR AT SPIN DID YOIUR DAD GETS MORE PUSSY THAN YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU SUCK MY FUCKING DICKK
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 09:26:42 AM »
musically tool would be savaged
T

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 09:48:08 AM »
I got three little words for you...

Appetite for Destruction
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 09:59:53 AM »

Appetite for Destruction

live, GNR owns tool.  GNR shows were an event.  Tool is a packaged product.  GNR would eventually self-destruct, and everyone knew it.  Tool will keep plugging away with safe shows that rock, but don't make news.  GNR should have broken up at the peak of use your Illusion and never done a reunion.  They would have been remembered as one of the greatest bands ever. This new shell of a band is a disappointment.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 10:02:10 AM »
live, GNR owns tool.  GNR shows were an event.  Tool is a packaged product.  GNR would eventually self-destruct, and everyone knew it.  Tool will keep plugging away with safe shows that rock, but don't make news.  GNR should have broken up at the peak of use your Illusion and never done a reunion.  They would have been remembered as one of the greatest bands ever. This new shell of a band is a disappointment.

good point

guns are only guns when slash and axle are on the same stage
T

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 10:10:13 AM »
Guns n Roses= one great album while everything else was cookie cutter, rock ballady bullshit.

Tool= one weird but provocative group, crushing guitar riffs, a drummer that sounds like he has six arms, insane lyrics and deep bottom bass, every album kicks ass.

Axel goes on to cancel future shows with a clone GnR band and the rest of the guys slip into oblivion with a bi sexual, skinny heroin junky singer.

Tool wins.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 10:14:35 AM »
Guns n Roses= one great album while everything else was cookie cutter, rock ballady bullshit.

Tool= one weird but provocative group, crushing guitar riffs, a drummer that sounds like he has six arms, insane lyrics and deep bottom bass, every album kicks ass.

Axel goes on to cancel future shows with a clone GnR band and the rest of the guys slip into oblivion with a bi sexual, skinny heroin junky singer.

Tool wins.

At their peak - Guns N Roses was the biggest rock band in the world.  They were mainstream news.  Household names.  They bathed in media like no rock band had ever done.  They MADE Mtv.

Tool is the winner if you like great music with consistency.  GNR wins if you prefer a higher peak with much lower lows.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 10:16:31 AM »
guns have sold over 50 million albums

the end
T

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 10:18:52 AM »
 GNR of course, the band was lightyears ahead of...... who again?
are you delusional?

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 10:19:40 AM »

Tool wins.
hahah.  True on G n' R.  If you took away odd meters from Tool and their tone, they'd be a rambling metal band.  Danny Carey is a solid drummer though.  I do like a few of their tracks, but don't confuse odd time with something amazing.
N

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 10:44:56 AM »
hahah.  True on G n' R.  If you took away odd meters from Tool and their tone, they'd be a rambling metal band.  Danny Carey is a solid drummer though.  I do like a few of their tracks, but don't confuse odd time with something amazing like training naturally.
Fixed it for ya.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 10:51:54 AM »
hahah.  True on G n' R.  If you took away odd meters from Tool and their tone, they'd be a rambling metal band.  Danny Carey is a solid drummer though.  I do like a few of their tracks, but don't confuse odd time with something amazing.

that's not really fair because that's like saying "if you take away slash's riffs, g'n'r is a boring 80s band". you can't start taking away pieces of the music and then judging it like that. i have all of tool's albums, and musically g'n'r just can't hold a candle to them.

maybe you like more standard rock, in which case tool sounds like some sort of pompous art project, but lateralus is one of my favorite CDs, and the fact that three tracks on 10,000 days combine into one giant track is simply amazing. g'n'r is a rock band, tool is a musical experience. it's completely retarded to compare the two.

appetite for destruction is one of the greatest rock CDs ever made. tool isn't a metal band, they're spaced-out prog rock. you might as well compare aerosmith with radiohead.

physically? i believe maynard has a couple of black belts in something or other, and there's a video of him choking out some guy that runs up on stage.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 11:15:40 AM »
guns have sold over 50 million albums

the end

ABBA sold more albums then both bands, does that make ABBA a better band?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 05:22:13 PM »

appetite for destruction is one of the greatest rock CDs ever made. tool isn't a metal band, they're spaced-out prog rock. you might as well compare aerosmith with radiohead.

In the three year stretch of 1974 thru 1976 with Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic and Rocks Aerosmith made better music than Guns and Roses ever made.
The House that Ruth built

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 05:24:40 PM »
Tool is in the upper level of rock bands of all-time. Their music is far deeper....not to mention the drumming of Carey....mind blowing 8)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 05:33:42 PM »
who wants to buy my GNR denim jacket loaded with patches?
X

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 05:42:38 PM »
They MADE Mtv.

No they didn't. If anyone "made" MTV it was Madonna.   MTV launched in 1981; GnR wasn't even formed until 1985, and Appetite for Destruction wasn't released until 1987.

Hope this helps.
Ron: "I am lazy."

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 06:11:15 PM »
tool is a much better band than G&R they have more talent in a fight I dont know

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 10:30:06 AM »
Who do you think would win? D.C. is huge as f**k, and slash & axle are just "badasses"  so who would win? Maynard is badass in his own way, but physically & fighting skill wise im not sure... what yall noogers think? 

maynard is probably at least at the blue belt level in brazillian jiu jitsu under rickson gracie, he would cripple the other ones in about 15 seconds

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 10:33:15 AM »

maynard takes a fan down while barely missing a note

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 01:25:43 PM »
Who wins in....

Best talent? Best songs? Made most money? In a fight?

Duff McKagan could prolly bodyslam the whole Tool-band.

Q

XXXII/LX

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • I have to return some video tapes.
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 02:25:21 PM »
Tool wins, and as far as live performance goes they are consistently great. Visually and audibly unmatched.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 02:29:32 PM »

Appetite for Destruction

Without question, one of the best albums of all time.

Unfortunately, they never followed-up with anything even close.  A couple of the tracks on Lies were worthy, but that's about it.

Tool is not talented.  They don't suck, but they've made mediocrity into an art form.
Ron: "I am lazy."