Author Topic: Question on 2006 World's Strongest Man on ESPN right now!!!!!  (Read 4733 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Question on 2006 World's Strongest Man on ESPN right now!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007, 09:17:02 AM »
Curtis was a friend of mine and he told me why.  First off it was the weekend right after the USA's or some show he did and he was totally depleted and had hardly any energy.  Second, is that they made himgo first innearly every event.  He didn't get to watch the others to see the technique and learn from there mistakes.  Curtis is easily one of the strongest BB's ever.  He could keep up with Coleman I am pretty sure injust about every lift.  He kicked ass in the Hawaii Strongman contests.

And the weight they said was being deadlifted with the cars was 661.  I am pretty sure too that they wouldn't lie about the weights being used on national TV.  Those events are pretty well monitored.

Keith, how come you didn't get into the WSM stuff in the 1980's?
The House that Ruth built

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Question on 2006 World's Strongest Man on ESPN right now!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2007, 10:20:54 AM »
Keith, how come you didn't get into the WSM stuff in the 1980's?

My friend competed in the late 70's and to this day is still the youngest ever to compete at 19.  I submitted an application and resume in the mid 80's but they rejected it.  I'm not sure why.  They just sent back a letter stating "sorry".  Maybe because I back then I really hadn't done anything and my lifts were gym lifts and not in competition.