Author Topic: UFO sighting?  (Read 2716 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
UFO sighting?
« on: January 01, 2007, 08:48:36 AM »
by Jon Hilkevitch 

In the sky! A bird? A plane? A ... UFO?
United Airlines denies its workers filed reports about saucerlike object hovering at O'Hare

Published January 1, 2007

It sounds like a tired joke--but a group of airline employees insist they are in earnest, and they are upset that neither their bosses nor the government will take them seriously.

A flying saucerlike object hovered low over O'Hare International Airport for several minutes before bolting through thick clouds with such intense energy that it left an eerie hole in overcast skies, said some United Airlines employees who observed the phenomenon.

Was it an alien spaceship? A weather balloon lost in the airspace over the world's second-busiest airport? A top-secret military craft? Or simply a reflection from lights that played a trick on the eyes?

Officials at United professed no knowledge of the Nov. 7 event--which was reported to the airline by as many as a dozen of its own workers--when the Tribune started asking questions recently. But the Federal Aviation Administration said its air traffic control tower at O'Hare did receive a call from a United supervisor asking if controllers had spotted a mysterious elliptical-shaped craft sitting motionless over Concourse C of the United terminal.

No controllers saw the object, and a preliminary check of radar found nothing out of the ordinary, FAA spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory said.

The FAA is not conducting a further investigation, Cory said. The theory is the sighting was caused by a "weather phenomenon," she said.

The UFO report has sparked some chuckles among controllers in O'Hare tower.

"To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable," said O'Hare controller and union official Craig Burzych.

Some of the witnesses, interviewed by the Tribune, said they are upset that neither the government nor the airline is probing the incident.

Whatever the object was, it could have interfered with O'Hare's radar and other equipment, and even created a collision risk, they said.

The Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (the term that extraterrestrial-watchers nowadays prefer over Unidentified Flying Object) was first seen by a United ramp worker who was directing back a United plane at Gate C17, according to an account the worker provided to the National UFO Reporting Center.

The sighting occurred during daylight, about 4:30 p.m., just before sunset.

All the witnesses said the object was dark gray and well defined in the overcast skies. They said the craft, estimated by different accounts to be 6 feet to 24 feet in diameter, did not display any lights.

Some said it looked like a rotating Frisbee, while others said it did not appear to be spinning. All agreed the object made no noise and it was at a fixed position in the sky, just below the 1,900-foot cloud deck, until shooting off into the clouds.

Witnesses shaken by sighting

"I tend to be scientific by nature, and I don't understand why aliens would hover over a busy airport," said a United mechanic who was in the cockpit of a Boeing 777 that he was taxiing to a maintenance hangar when he observed the metallic-looking object above Gate C17.

"But I know that what I saw and what a lot of other people saw stood out very clearly, and it definitely was not an [Earth] aircraft," the mechanic said.

One United employee appeared emotionally shaken by the sighting and "experienced some religious issues" over it, one co-worker said.

A United manager said he ran outside his office in Concourse B after hearing the report about the sighting on an internal airline radio frequency.

"I stood outside in the gate area not knowing what to think, just trying to figure out what it was," he said. "I knew no one would make a false call like that. But if somebody was bouncing a weather balloon or something else over O'Hare, we had to stop it because it was in very close proximity to our flight operations."

continue >> 

Some joke, others research

The databases of various UFO-watching groups are full of accounts filed by pilots about sightings of unknown aircraft and anomalies that affected navigational equipment onboard planes.

Whether any of the UFO incidents are real or merely the result of individual perceptions, some experts say the events pose a potential safety risk to pilots and their passengers.

"There have been documented cases where safety appears to have been implicated, and more and more we are coming to the point of view that we are dealing with an intelligent phenomenon," said Richard Haines, science director at the National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena, a private agency.

"We must be proactive before an aircraft goes down," said Haines, a former chief of the Space Human Factors Office at NASA's Ames Research Center.

Haines is investigating the O'Hare incident. He said he has determined that no weather balloons were launched in the vicinity of O'Hare on Nov. 7.

"It's absurd that the military would be conducting aerial test flights" near the airport, Haines said.

All the witnesses to the O'Hare event, who included at least several pilots, said they are certain based on the disc's appearance and flight characteristics that it was not an airplane, helicopter, weather balloon or any other craft known to man.

United denies UFO report

They're not sure what was hanging out for several minutes in the restricted airspace, but they are upset that no one in power has taken the matter seriously.

A United spokeswoman said there is no record of the UFO report. She said United officials do not recall discussion of any such incident.

"There's nothing in the duty manager log, which is used to report unusual incidents," said United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy. "I checked around. There's no record of anything."

The pilots of the United plane being directed back from Gate C17 also were notified by United personnel of the sighting, and one of the pilots reportedly opened a windscreen in the cockpit to get a better view of the object estimated to be hovering 1,500 feet above the ground.

The object was seen to suddenly accelerate straight up through the solid overcast skies, which the FAA reported had 1,900-foot cloud ceilings at the time.

"It was like somebody punched a hole in the sky," said one United employee.

Witnesses said they had a hard time visually tracking the object as it streaked through the dense clouds.

It left behind an open hole of clear air in the cloud layer, the witnesses said, adding that the hole disappeared within a few minutes.

The United employees interviewed by the Tribune spoke on condition of anonymity.

Some said they were interviewed by United officials and instructed to write reports and draw pictures of what they observed, and that they were advised by United officials to refrain from speaking about what they saw.

Federal agency backtracks

Like United, the FAA originally told the Tribune that it had no information on the alleged UFO sighting. But the federal agency quickly reversed its position after the newspaper filed a Freedom of Information Act request.

An internal FAA review of air-traffic communications tapes, a step toward complying with the Tribune request, turned up the call by the United supervisor to an FAA manager in the airport tower, Cory said.

Cory said the weather might have factored into what the witnesses thought they saw.

"Our theory on this is that it was a weather phenomenon," she said. "That night was a perfect atmospheric condition in terms of low [cloud] ceiling and a lot of airport lights. When the lights shine up into the clouds, sometimes you can see funny things. That's our take on it."

R

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: UFO sighting?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 08:56:46 AM »
Stella, is it incomprehensible it was God playing with a shiny metallic yo-yo?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 09:09:49 AM »
Stella, is it incomprehensible it was God playing with a shiny metallic yo-yo?

"sleeper" ;D
R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 09:10:30 AM »
NASA releases the space shuttle mission videotapes.  You can frequently see flying objects which move in excess of 2000 mph, turn on a dime, and circle the Space Shuttle.  They ignore it.  Toxic posted dozens of video clips of this.  

Plus there are literally hundreds of very similar amateur tapes of unidentified flying objects, alone or in groups, from all over the world.  

I don't think there's really anything to debate or prove.  There is something out there.  And there seems to be a pretty well understood thing that astronauts will casually say "Check out the movement at your 3'oclock (direction) to each other, and not be completely freaked that a foreign lit object is performing unnatural movements near their ship.  It's interesting.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 11:18:06 AM »
NASA releases the space shuttle mission videotapes.  You can frequently see flying objects which move in excess of 2000 mph, turn on a dime, and circle the Space Shuttle.  They ignore it.  Toxic posted dozens of video clips of this.  

Plus there are literally hundreds of very similar amateur tapes of unidentified flying objects, alone or in groups, from all over the world.  

I don't think there's really anything to debate or prove.  There is something out there.  And there seems to be a pretty well understood thing that astronauts will casually say "Check out the movement at your 3'oclock (direction) to each other, and not be completely freaked that a foreign lit object is performing unnatural movements near their ship.  It's interesting.

I've seen some crazy shit.

Honestly, if I didn't see it myself, I wouldn't have believe it.

Usually around Air Bases. Are they ours? Are they extra-terrestrial, being tested by us? You tell me. I don't know. What I do know, is there that are some strange things out there.
HAHA, RON.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 11:25:31 AM »
I've seen some crazy shit.

Honestly, if I didn't see it myself, I wouldn't have believe it.

Usually around Air Bases. Are they ours? Are they extra-terrestrial, being tested by us? You tell me. I don't know. What I do know, is there that are some strange things out there.

Could be something unique we built that is secret.  Could be visitors attracted by the pretty lights and flying things.  Probably a nice mix.

It used to be that anyone who believed in UFOs was mocked.  Thanks to the internet, the space shuttle mission tapes, and the proliferation of video cameras everywhere on earth, it's pretty much a non-issue now. 

i'm sure some of our military members - particularly those who track air traffic - are aware of these objects and know to just look the other way on it.  It's a national secrecy issue rather than a national security issue.  I guess some people might kill themselves or act crazy if they saw conclusive proof of UFOs.  But most of us just shrug it off and move on.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 01:36:14 PM »

UFO are reportded quite regularly and without ridicule in media in many other countries.   The US still seems to be operating under the "debunk and ridicule" agenda as proposed by the Robinson Panel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robertson_Panel

The Robertson Panel's official report concluded that 90 percent of UFO sightings could be readily identified with meteorological, astronomical, or natural phenomena, and that the remaining 10 percent of UFO reports could, in all likelihood, be similarly explained with detailed study. It was suggested that witnesses had misidentified bright stars and planets, meteors, auroras, mirages, atmospheric temperature inversions, and lenticular clouds; other sightings were judged as likely misinterpretation of conventional aircraft, weather balloons, birds, searchlights, kites, and other phenomena. The Panel also dismissed the idea that either the 1950 Montana UFO Film or the 1952 Utah UFO Film showed "genuine" UFOs. The Panel's members argued that the "UFOs" in the Montana film were actually the reflections of two jet fighters known to be in the area at the time; and that the "UFOs" seen in the Utah film were actually seagulls flying near the Great Salt Lake.

Furthermore, the Panel suggested the Air Force should begin a "debunking (ridicule)" effort to reduce "public gullibility" and demystify UFO reports. The panel suggested a public relations campaign, using psychiatrists, astronomers and assorted celebrities to significantly reduce public interest in UFOs. It was also recommended that the mass media be used for the debunking, including influential media giants like the Walt Disney Corporation. The primary reasoning for this recommendation lay in the belief that the Soviets might try to "mask" an actual invasion of the USA by causing a wave of false "UFO" reports to swamp the Pentagon and other military agencies, thus temporarily blinding the US government to the impending Communist invasion.

Their formal recommendation stated "That the national security agencies take immediate steps to strip the Unidentified Flying Objects of the special status they have been given and the aura of mystery they have unfortunately acquired."[2]

Also recommended was that the government monitor civilian groups studying or researching UFOs "because of their potentially great influence on mass thinking ... the apparent irresponsibility and possible use of such groups for subversive purposes should be kept in mind." There has been speculation that UFO group NICAP was infiltrated by CIA operatives.

The Robertson Panel's conclusions and recommendations had a great influence on official United States policy regarding UFOs for many decades.

The Robertson Panel's study was classified for five years. In 1956, however, Ruppelt made the first public statements regarding the panel, when he offered a brief summary of its proceedings. Ruppelt did not, however, note the panel members' names, nor the government agencies represented.

A great source of information on this and other historica facts about this phenomena is a book called "UFO's and the National Security State" by Richard M. Dolan:  http://keyholepublishing.com/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 02:40:10 PM »
yeah, i recall from one of Toxic's videos that Russia actually talks openly about UFOs, I think?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 02:42:45 PM »
I wanna believe this stuff so badly! But it's so difficult to comprehend that there's stuff out there that's a lot more advanced than us.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 03:03:06 PM »
yeah, i recall from one of Toxic's videos that Russia actually talks openly about UFOs, I think?

so does China and most European and South American countries.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 03:21:15 PM »
I wanna believe this stuff so badly! But it's so difficult to comprehend that there's stuff out there that's a lot more advanced than us.

If you go back 1000 years, imagine people in huts, riding donkeys, eating fruit....

Imagine them trying to comprehend a Palm Pilot.

The internet, the computer, the great mesh of satellites and wires that connect it, the hundreds of thousands of websites built from html code, how it all lands on their LCD screen...

The ancient one would probably either go crazy, or brain you with a rock for disheveling his world.

Imagine a civilization that is 1000, or 10,000, or evern 100,000 years more advanced than ours.  Maybe one that didn't have a series of ice ages or meteors which effectively "started over" or "paused" evolutionary and therefore technological development.

They'd be some smart fcukers.

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 04:21:46 PM »
so does China and most European and South American countries.

Bullshit!  Where are your sources?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 04:30:49 PM »
Bullshit!  Where are your sources?

do your own research.  This is not a taboo subject in any other country like it is in the US.

Just google UFO and China

You can also google Cometa report in France

There is tons of info out there

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 04:45:36 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 04:58:53 PM »
Mexico's Department of Defense Releases UFO Information

http://www.greaterthings.com/News/daily/2004/05/12/Mexican_UFO/

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »
The idea that "UFO's" are extraterrestrial visitors is highly improbable, if not downright impossible, because of two things: 

the speed of light and the astronomical distances between stars.

You consipracy theorists and Trekkies can speculate all you want, but basic physics tells me it just aint true.

Hope this helps.
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 06:37:18 PM »
The idea that "UFO's" are extraterrestrial visitors is highly improbable, if not downright impossible, because of two things: 

You consipracy theorists and Trekkies can speculate all you want, but basic physics tells me it just aint true.

Hope this helps.

We're such a young civilization.  imagine the level of technology and thinking that humans would be without those pesky ice ages or meteors.  Picture today's 2007 world.  Then picture us in 4007.  Or 8007.   We cannot fathom the level of technology.

Now, imaging the universe. That many stars and elements- and Earth got the only intelligent life?  And so many types of life here?  That's a very small statistical chance- a billion stars, many having solar systems, all from the same elements.

So if there is life, and it's in any way older than us, then they've probably found a way to either live long enough to make the trip, or to improve travel time.   Give us 2000, 4000, or 6000 years (given we don't destroy ourselves) and we'll be coming up with some pretty quick space travel methods.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 06:42:21 PM »

Hope this helps.

Wow! tahnk God for you and your insightful knowledge..

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 07:02:22 PM »
We're such a young civilization.  imagine the level of technology and thinking that humans would be without those pesky ice ages or meteors.  Picture today's 2007 world.  Then picture us in 4007.  Or 8007.   We cannot fathom the level of technology.

It's not a problem of technology, it's a problem of physics. 

You cannot create a technology that will make one plus one equal three no matter how "advanced" you are. 

Energy travels at a fixed rate of speed, and matter cannot even move that fast without becoming energy (and thus being destroyed as matter).

Hope this helps.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 07:06:35 PM »

It's not a problem of technology, it's a problem of physics. 

You cannot create a tecnology that will make one plus one equal three no matter how "advanced" you are. 

Energy travels at a fixed rate of speed, and matter cannot even move that fast without becoming energy (and thus being destroyed as matter).

Hope this helps.

what's energy?

do you mean light or is light different from energy?

please explain

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 07:08:32 PM »
You know more about physics than I do, so I defer to your knowledge of it.

Maybe they just found a way to create immortality.  maybe energy conversion is possible.  Maybe they're closer than we know, on the 12th or 15th planet.  Completely remove the travel factor from the argument.  If they live forever, can move at near light speed, and have set up a base somewhere, it's possible.  And really, there are probably ten more levels of problems and solutions that we cannot fathom, which they would have to overcome.

The sheer number of recorded sightings... the STS mission tapes we can see on our own... I dunno.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 07:11:37 PM »
for my dear friend Goatboy

http://www.dhushara.com/book/quantcos/qnonloc/qnonloc.htm

i'd also google and read up on electron tunneling

;D
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 07:16:43 PM »
Prediction

20 idiots will pop out of the woodwork and argue with me..however NOT ONE WILL ACTUALLY WATCH THESE VIDS

i can tell by the arguments ya present whether you have watched em or not..or ead the material i present..

hense usually ..i end up ignoring everyone

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=nasa+ufo+evidence&hl=en

watch part 1 and 2 of Evidence...and then come back and tell me you are not convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt!

carpe` vaginum!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 07:34:22 PM »
anybody ever experience missing time?  I lost 12 hours instantly with a friend... Ya ya, I hear the smart ass comments coming on this one but nothing like that :-X Neither one of us could explain it.  it was just after sundown, still light and the sky never went dark, the sun just rose soon after it set.  12 hours in the span of about 15 minutes.  No strange alien memories or anything like that, just like time travel or missing time  ???