Author Topic: THE ADONIS PROJECT: Building a better body through MCDONALDS.Destroying Anssi M.  (Read 53548 times)

Cee21Jay

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
You will find the concept of phenotypic selection (i.e dog breeding) on genetic variation in any genetics textbook. There is a loss of genetic information and variability proportional to the amount of selection. For example, if you breed a certain type of dog to have "short legs," it and its offspring will always have short legs...the medium and long leg variants would have been wiped out...This concept is why certain breeds of dogs (and interbred human populations) are susceptible to certain genetic diseases. "Mutts" have more genetic variation. Most human populations are not selectively bred, and those that interbreed have less genetic variability.

The physiological process of digestion, absorbption and metabolism may be basically the same between people, but is enough genetic variance to make it significant if you are dieting. For example, there can be 30-50% difference between a patients' insulin secretion response to the same oral glucose load. (Type 1 diabetics are a different story) There is a large variation in degree of insulin resistance in the human population (of course there are both genetic and environmental factors). Varying degrees of lactase deficiency, variable expressitivity and secretion of amylase, peptases, lipases and other digestive enzymes vary between patients affecting the digestive part of the equation. Look up the research on the SGLT and GLUT transporter which shows genetic differences between people for carbohydrate absorption. Bottom line: everyone is different.

Total caloric intake is probably the most important, but you cannot use the same thing/formula for everyone.

"Dogs may look wildly different, but at the base pair level, there are actually more differences in humans than dogs".

If you can find a reference to support this you will have credibility with me and I will concede on this dog breed topic.  However if you find some stats they cannot be between one breed.  I don't want to see  variation between a pitbull and a pitbull (there will be little difference genotypically or phenotypically I gather).  I am talking a poodle and pitbull (I gather a decent variation in genotype and phenotype)versus a human and human.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Where are TA's McDonald's receipts?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

climber

• Getbig III

He doesn't have them... he probably ran out of juice and then his plan went out the window.
Hrmmm

pumpher

• Getbig III

"Dogs may look wildly different, but at the base pair level, there are actually more differences in humans than dogs".

If you can find a reference to support this you will have credibility with me and I will concede on this dog breed topic.  However if you find some stats they cannot be between one breed.  I don't want to see  variation between a pitbull and a pitbull (there will be little difference genotypically or phenotypically I gather).  I am talking a poodle and pitbull (I gather a decent variation in genotype and phenotype)versus a human and human.

Sorry to get off on a tanget, this thread is supposed to be about Adonis and McD's... (but Leafy Bug brought up dogs...)

Once again, do not confuse
Humans have the most genetic diversity among animals (dog breeds included). "In general, genetic diversity is synonymous with mean heterozygosity."

Table 1.  Comparative figures for the genetic diversity of humans and a variety of other large mammals (sampled across much or all of their range except as noted), based on autosomal microsatellites (He and Ho = expected and observed heterozygosity, respectively):

Species                                                 He                    Ho

Humans [18]                                         --                    0.776
   Humans [19]                                         --                    0.70-0.76
   Humans [20]                                         --                    0.588-0.807

Chimpanzees [21]                                0.78                 0.73
   Chimpanzees [22]                                 --                    0.630
   African buffalo [23]                             0.759                0.729
   Leopards [24]                                     0.36-0.80            --
   Jaguars [25]                                        0.739                   --
   Polar bears [26]                                  0.68                     --
   Brown bears (N. America) [27]          0.26-0.76          0.30-0.79
   Brown bears (Scandinavia) [28]          0.709                 0.665
   Canada lynx [29]                                   --                    0.66
   Bighorn sheep [30]                             0.681                 0.566
   Coyote [31]                                       0.675                 0.583
   Gray wolf (N. America) [32]              0.620                 0.528
   Pumas [33]                                            --                   0.52
   Bonobos [34]                                     0.59                   0.48
   Dogs (42 breeds) [35]                        0.616                 0.401
   African wild dogs [36]                        0.643                    --
   Australian dingo [37]                          0.47                   0.42
   Wolverines (N. America) [38]            0.42-0.68              --
   Wolverines (Scandinavia) [39]              --                     0.27-0.38
   Elk (North America) [40]                   0.26-0.53              --

Full references and can be found at the bottom: http://www.goodrumj.com/RFaqHTML.html (I dont know if the author is related to Vince :))
There is even less diversity within dog breeds because of the reasons I listed before. If you want more info let me know, I'll see if I can dig some stuff up.

Cheers

Cee21Jay

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Sorry to get off on a tanget, this thread is supposed to be about Adonis and McD's... (but Leafy Bug brought up dogs...)

Once again, do not confuse
Humans have the most genetic diversity among animals (dog breeds included). "In general, genetic diversity is synonymous with mean heterozygosity."

Table 1.  Comparative figures for the genetic diversity of humans and a variety of other large mammals (sampled across much or all of their range except as noted), based on autosomal microsatellites (He and Ho = expected and observed heterozygosity, respectively):

Species                                                 He                    Ho

Humans [18]                                         --                    0.776
   Humans [19]                                         --                    0.70-0.76
   Humans [20]                                         --                    0.588-0.807

Chimpanzees [21]                                0.78                 0.73
   Chimpanzees [22]                                 --                    0.630
   African buffalo [23]                             0.759                0.729
   Leopards [24]                                     0.36-0.80            --
   Jaguars [25]                                        0.739                   --
   Polar bears [26]                                  0.68                     --
   Brown bears (N. America) [27]          0.26-0.76          0.30-0.79
   Brown bears (Scandinavia) [28]          0.709                 0.665
   Canada lynx [29]                                   --                    0.66
   Bighorn sheep [30]                             0.681                 0.566
   Coyote [31]                                       0.675                 0.583
   Gray wolf (N. America) [32]              0.620                 0.528
   Pumas [33]                                            --                   0.52
   Bonobos [34]                                     0.59                   0.48
   Dogs (42 breeds) [35]                        0.616                 0.401
   African wild dogs [36]                        0.643                    --
   Australian dingo [37]                          0.47                   0.42
   Wolverines (N. America) [38]            0.42-0.68              --
   Wolverines (Scandinavia) [39]              --                     0.27-0.38
   Elk (North America) [40]                   0.26-0.53              --

Full references and can be found at the bottom: http://www.goodrumj.com/RFaqHTML.html (I dont know if the author is related to Vince :))
There is even less diversity within dog breeds because of the reasons I listed before. If you want more info let me know, I'll see if I can dig some stuff up.

Cheers

Good site but will not argue more, I will concede, although I still disagree.   I do hope Adonis has kept up with the Mcdonald's thing. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo

whether he eats it or not you would think he would go buy the stuff just to get the receipts, that is if he wanted to NOT come off as a liar...

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
w

Robbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
The guy on the left is one ugly fucker...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
haha he laughs like a sissy

E
E

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Yeah, I am thinking I am following more of a general sports nutrition diet now than a bodybuilding diet, but I am liking it. I will hopefully be able to make some good progress in the next couple months as I have just moved to Atlanta and don't know anyone here so all I really have to do is go workout. I have also been running alot too and want to do a 5k race in August; this has made a need for me to eat a diet w/ a little more carbs and fat than traditional bodybuilding diets. I'm also considering doing the Mr. Getbig in October for some extra motivation and fun. I know I can't compete w/ the top dogs over here yet, but it would be a good challenge nonetheless.

I would like an answer to why the people you listed, either in this thread or the other, were considered 'legendary naturals'.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
I would like an answer to why the people you listed, either in this thread or the other, were considered 'legendary naturals'.

The Legendary Kings do not take kindly to your passive agression.  Be careful, or else their Magical Emperor will signal his Weakly-Godlike Systemlord to put in a request to the Incomprehensible Basementlevel Sysadmin to delete you.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
They are the most well known naturals on this board and have all posted pics. They also contribute their wealth of knowledge on a regular basis (especially TA and DaddyWaddy). They are the legendary kings of Getbig.com.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
They are the most well known naturals on this board and have all posted pics. They also contribute their wealth of knowledge on a regular basis (especially TA and DaddyWaddy). They are the legendary kings of Getbig.com.

whateva is Mr Getbig.

Babyherc has a Q&A thread where you can ask him questions.

INSOMNIA has been here since the old board.

THE BEAST, DrugFree4Life, Cham, Jodels...

With all due respect, neither Abeles or daddywaddy have ever competed in a regular bodybuilding competition.

Abeles? He told whateva that a beer-only diet was ok. That's the level of knowledge you can expect from him apparently.

If you're still not convinced:

&mode=related&search=

daddywadders a cool bloke with a very good physique (it's getting worse though for some reason), but I have yet to see a single post from him that suggests he has a "wealth of knowledge". At least not on nutrition or natural bodybuilding.

When looking at pics of him at his biggest, and current pics, he looks to have lost 40-50 lbs, and a lot of it looks to be lean mass.

He used to be a pec monster. WTF happened? :-\

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.

You actually believe this? Those two seem to contradict themselves regularly. Come on tweeter...do you wear blinders or something?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
The Legendary Kings do not take kindly to your passive agression.  Be careful, or else their Magical Emperor will signal his Weakly-Godlike Systemlord to put in a request to the Incomprehensible Basementlevel Sysadmin to delete you.

Ummm....riiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiight.   ::)

Make anymore BS lifting claims Squadfather has to call you out on yet?  I will be in Kansas City in September for my next show.  Stop by, say hello....and show me how great you look.  ::)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
With all due respect, neither Abeles or daddywaddy have ever competed in a regular bodybuilding competition.

& neither will ever compete in a regular bodybuilding show.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
whateva is Mr Getbig.

Babyherc has a Q&A thread where you can ask him questions.

INSOMNIA has been here since the old board.

THE BEAST, DrugFree4Life, Cham, Jodels...

Abeles? He told whateva that a beer-only diet was ok. That's the level of knowledge you can expect from him apparently.

If you're still not convinced:

&mode=related&search=

daddywadders a cool bloke with a very good physique (it's getting worse though for some reason), but I have yet to see a single post from him that suggests he has a "wealth of knowledge". At least not on nutrition or natural bodybuilding.

When looking at pics of him at his biggest, and current pics, he looks to have lost 40-50 lbs, and a lot of it looks to be lean mass.

He used to be a pec monster. WTF happened? :-\

-Hedge
I guess I mainly just know the guys who post the most on the Gossip and Opinions board. Daddywaddy and TA are definately the most entertaining though!

dodster

• Getbig IV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49683SGaEME&mode=related&search=

I had not seen this before...scary :o

yea, its the laugh, u can tell he belongs in the nuthouse