Author Topic: Getbiggers local celebrities?  (Read 4298 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Getbiggers local celebrities?
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 12:05:15 PM »

Then you have 'PowerRod'. he posts on here all the time and is a bonified wise-guy...but never goes and never has gone...to a local show right in his own backyard. Wierd to me.

i've never been to a night show...  :-\

carpe` vaginum!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 12:09:51 PM »

I find it odd.

Post on a major BB forum...knows alot about who's who in the industry, follows "the cult" and then...when Jay guest poses and there is a major show 2 miles from where you live...and just dont go? I find it odd.
?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 12:31:09 PM »
I find it odd.

Post on a major BB forum...knows alot about who's who in the industry, follows "the cult" and then...when Jay guest poses and there is a major show 2 miles from where you live...and just dont go? I find it odd.

I don't think it's odd at all.   I love to train and I find it entertaining to see how freaky some guys can get; although, I've also never been to a show and I don't really wanna go.   I don't buy bb dvds (I own Yates' training on VHS....given to me by a friend several years back), but I don't invest on all that stuff.  I'd rather shell out cash for a pro basketball or football game.....not a posedown.   I'd rather watch a WSM competition....bb I can read about in mags or online.

Plus, there's just something inherently faggy about shelling out cash to watch oily men pose in thongs (aka "posing trunks") onstage...I don't care about the "grace" in posing (oh brother)....I'd rather see some comparison shots from competitions to see who owned whom.   I'd rather watch the bbs arm wrestle or have a squat off than pose and admire their symmetry.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 12:39:22 PM »
I don't think it's odd at all.   I love to train and I find it entertaining to see how freaky some guys can get; although, I've also never been to a show and I don't really wanna go.   I don't buy bb dvds (I own Yates' training on VHS....given to me by a friend several years back), but I don't invest on all that stuff.  I'd rather shell out cash for a pro basketball or football game.....not a posedown.   I'd rather watch a WSM competition....bb I can read about in mags or online.

Plus, there's just something inherently faggy about shelling out cash to watch oily men pose in thongs (aka "posing trunks") onstage...I don't care about the "grace" in posing (oh brother)....I'd rather see some comparison shots from competitions to see who owned whom.   I'd rather watch the bbs arm wrestle or have a squat off than pose and admire their symmetry.

then your not really a bodybuilder....just a weightlifter who follows bodybuilding.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 12:39:45 PM »
then your not really a bodybuilder....just a weightlifter who follows bodybuilding.

and proud!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 12:41:24 PM »

I do feel like candidate got a point but I will agree to disagree with you M of S.

That's cool!
?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 12:43:15 PM »
I find it odd.

on the flip side i live in Maryland..

there are NO shows in maryland

there ws the bodyrock in VA but then thats cancelled this year..

Yonnie Shamburger does a show here...but its a 'natural'  ::) show...i usually show up for the prejudging there but driving to DC at night to bumfuck land aint my cuppa tea...plus..its a 'natty' show..where most competitors are juiced..

i find the hypocracy repugnant
carpe` vaginum!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 12:46:11 PM »
I do feel like candidate got a point but I will agree to disagree with you M of S.

That's cool!

It's completely fine to disagree....doesn't offend me in the least.  Most often I'll catch an Olympia or Arnold rerun on cable and I'll watch some of that if it comes on.   I don't dislike bb LOL....wouldn't be on this site if I did.....I just don't have a desire to go to shows, pay for autographs, buy pics of the bb or buy dvds.   I'll watch baseball on tv, but I'm not interested enough to shell out cash to see a pro game in person.....if I"m given tickets I'll go.   Football or basketball I'll buy tickets for that.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 04:33:39 PM »
Chad is rad!

that pic kills me.  ?I remember the first time I saw it, I thought it was a sick kid hooked up to a dialysis machine.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 04:41:34 PM »
getbig is a message board about a pretty cult sport in general. at your average gym most of them think the mr universe is still the biggest title in bodybuilding (it has to be, right? it's the fucking universe!), and probably only know of ronnie coleman from his handful of TV appearances.

300 million people in the US, a few million lift. there are just over 15,000 members here according to the site's own page. out of those, i doubt more than a few hundred post with any regularity, and that number goes down when you consider how many gimmick accounts there are. to think that anyone here is known enough to be recognized on the street is pretty retarded, given that the actual pros can walk around all day long without ever getting stopped.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 04:43:51 PM »
getbig is a message board about a pretty cult sport in general. at your average gym most of them think the mr universe is still the biggest title in bodybuilding (it has to be, right? it's the fucking universe!), and probably only know of ronnie coleman from his handful of TV appearances.

300 million people in the US, a few million lift. there are just over 15,000 members here according to the site's own page. out of those, i doubt more than a few hundred post with any regularity, and that number goes down when you consider how many gimmick accounts there are. to think that anyone here is known enough to be recognized on the street is pretty retarded, given that the actual pros can walk around all day long without ever getting stopped.
i've always said that if you took a video camera to a mall and asked 200 people coming out of a department store who Jay Cutler or Ronnie Coleman is 199 of them would look at you like you just got off of a spaceship.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 04:44:28 PM »
I find it odd.

i told you negrah, i couldn't go that night.

i was gonna go to the arnold and meet up with mcfarland and that "razorsharp" and "tampa" dude from gayhem a couple years ago, but shit also came up.  you know how work can get around here.

a buddy of mine wanted to go, cuz he has a hardon for jay cutler (and he's never heard of getbig outside titus or someone bashing it in flex)  but we never got around to it.

it's different for you; you compete and are way more "in the scene" than me.  i lift for myself, i do my illegals for myself.  plus i have a feeling it wouldn't be your average normal gym going crowd.  i mean, all i have to do is watch some shit like "a night out on the town with md" or whatever gayness that is, or look at photos from "expos" that make me not want to go.  just not my scene.
Deep Tissue Massage

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2007, 04:45:26 PM »
I signed autographs before getbig.com....   But I'll endorse it anyday!
Most are all show no go!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 04:47:06 PM »
I met the superstar duo of CT and Stavios :D
just push some weight!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2007, 04:47:24 PM »
i do my illegals for myself. 

You like Mexican broads?
E

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2007, 04:47:36 PM »
 I feel ya, player...I feel ya!

Man of Steel broke it down and I see it now.

I'm just gonna keep giving you static until I get you to show up to one...next stop? Ottawa, Illinois. Mid-Illinois Classic. Jay to guest pose again. March 31st.

I'm gonna ask you until you say...'Fuck, fine pick me up, I'll roll out there with you!'

:P
?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2007, 04:49:10 PM »
i've always said that if you took a video camera to a mall and asked 200 people coming out of a department store who Jay Cutler or Ronnie Coleman is 199 of them would look at you like you just got off of a spaceship.

exactly. the amount of people who know who the PROs are is damn low, what do you actually think are the odds of someone on the boards being recognized? markus ruhl could walk around in most any public place and 99% of them would just go "holy shit that guy is on a fuckton of steroids", with an extremely rare person or two who actually recognized him.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2007, 04:57:05 PM »
exactly. the amount of people who know who the PROs are is damn low, what do you actually think are the odds of someone on the boards being recognized? markus ruhl could walk around in most any public place and 99% of them would just go "holy shit that guy is on a fuckton of steroids", with an extremely rare person or two who actually recognized him.
You're right. The ONLY absolute ONLY bodybuilders the general public will be aware of is Schwarzenegger and I hat to say it...but Ferrigno.

Please...the general public think 50-Cent is a bodybuilder and that Patrick Swayze was on steroids for his role in Dirty Dancing.

In the WORLD of bodybuilding cyber chat forums...then we have quasi celebrity status...sort of. 240, Adonis maybe.

The entire BB industry is what I think this thread title means. In the BB industry...majority people would know if you said...'Hey what do you think of 240's antics'. 8 out of 10 will know or be aware. I believe that.
?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2007, 04:58:15 PM »
You're right. The ONLY absolute ONLY bodybuilders the general public will be aware of is Schwarzenegger and I hat to say it...but Ferrigno.

Please...the general public think 50-Cent is a bodybuilder and that Patrick Swayze was on steroids for his role in Dirty Dancing.

In the WORLD of bodybuilding cyber chat forums...then we have quasi celebrity status...sort of. 240, Adonis maybe.

The entire BB industry is what I think this thread title means. In the BB industry...majority people would know if you said...'Hey what do you think of 240's antics'. 8 out of 10 will know or be aware. I believe that.

patrick swayze only juiced for roadhouse.