Author Topic: Getbiggers local celebrities?  (Read 4295 times)

mac7000

• Getbig II
Getbiggers local celebrities?
« on: January 01, 2007, 06:09:33 PM »
Were all aware that some posters on Getbig have reached internet/bodybuilder celebrities status. I'm curious if any of you guys have had people come up to you or recognize you out in public, outside of BB shows.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Getbiggers local celebrities?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 06:13:32 PM »
Yeah women are always touching me asking me if im from Getbig

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 06:16:43 PM »
I've met 1 person that knows about GB over the 4 yrs I've read this board.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 06:18:21 PM »
Yeah women are always touching me asking me if im from Getbig

LOL!  They ask if I know Alexxx...
Motherboy (the band).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 06:18:58 PM »
a few people at my gyms are lurkers or posters.  (of course, I'm always putting up 300website signs or talking to PTs about a website, so i'm a little more vocal than others)

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 06:26:40 PM »
a few people at my gyms are lurkers or posters.  (of course, I'm always putting up 300website signs or talking to PTs about a website, so i'm a little more vocal than others)

With your history here (Chic,Kamali etc) have you ever noticed any black suburbans or helicopters following you home?

dovidov

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 08:19:31 PM »
Alexx is a goddamn rockstar

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 08:20:52 PM »
all the guys from my high school lurk getbig now. i told one of my friends who is into bodybuilding a little bit..and he got the whoel football team and coaching staff reading this site. all the itme guys and coaches walk up to me and quote something i posted on here.... in fact im pretty sure someone will tell me that they read this pot, now that i mentioned people telling me that they read my posts. :D  but other than that, no. no one even knows what bodybuilding is...or that there are competitions, let alone full websites dedicated to it.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 08:26:33 PM »
Chad Mower used to get recognized in public back when he was at the height of his fame.  True story.
Ron: "I am lazy."

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 08:31:40 PM »
Chad Mower used to get recognized in public back when he was at the height of his fame.  True story.

Deep Tissue Massage

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 08:38:01 PM »
Chad is rad!

Ron: "I am lazy."

Rich Gainihger

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 09:10:24 PM »
 :)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 10:06:31 AM »
Were all aware that some posters on Getbig have reached internet/bodybuilder celebrities status. I'm curious if any of you guys have had people come up to you or recognize you out in public, outside of BB shows.
Yes.

There is a guy on here who posts under 'mace_oropeza' once in a while. He's a local guy in Chicagoland and he can testify this happened...

It was in November. November 11th to be exact. I was at a local show in a suburb of Rockford which is 70 miles west of Chicago. 2 things happened that night...

ONE. I was at the show hanging out and these two young guys(18-21yrs old) I overheard saying..."dude that is him...yea...he said he'd be here today...it's him...ask him" then next thing you know I get a...

"Hey man...are you the guy from getbig?"
 I say..."which one?"
 "BlockHead, right? Arent you BlockHead?"

I laugh and shake their hands.

"DOOOOD, I TOLD you it was him...dude...dude...you're fkn AWESOME! You're hilarious dude...dude...dude is it true that you and Dante got into a fight at the Olympia and that some gang did a drive by on his house and thought it was you? Dude...is it true that True Adonis is 240? I heard sarcasm isnt real...hey dude whats the deal with derek anthony? Is he really a fag? Dude...dude...know whats hilarious? When you make fun of Cormier...dude I laugh my ass off...dude some told me you were black. Dude...that thing you were saying about how Cormier watches BET channel and was all like "baby boo-baby boo" hahahahahahahahahaha! let me take a picture of you in my camera phone dude...my girlfriend thinks you're hilarious! "

The same night I get a phone call from someone els who POSTS on here all the time who was at 'The Nationals' in Miami calls me late and tells me that a VERY popular and prominent IFBB pro wanted this person to call me DIRECT to tell me that if I dont shut my mouth on here that it's gonna get shut for me. Hahahahahahahaha!

It's a small world and even smaller industry.

I do agree that a few POSTers here made it to quasi-celebrity status in the BB world.

240, True Adonis, Sarcasm, Special'MD'Ed etc...
?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 10:32:18 AM »
I've heard only one reference to Getbig while in the gym....the majority of people care nothing about Getbig or bb websites in general.....most have no idea it exists and wouldn't care if they were informed that it does exist.   BB has a cult following and virtually no one outside Getbig's, Hymen's, MD's and other bb website members know it exists.   We're in a bubble and nobody cares how "kickass" we are online.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 10:35:53 AM »
I've heard only one reference to Getbig while in the gym....the majority of people care nothing about Getbig or bb websites in general.....most have no idea it exists and wouldn't care if they were informed that it does exist.   BB has a cult following and virtually no one outside Getbig's, Hymen's, MD's and other bb website members know it exists.   We're in a bubble and nobody cares how "kickass" we are online.
agreed..awesome post
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 10:39:13 AM »
Well said! Very true.

We arent even a blip on the online radar no matter how great a DA meltdown thread is or how bad 240 owns a Pro BB.

Besides the few major BB forums...the entire cult following and entire industry knows about it and pays attention closely.I aint talking about those who go to the gym...I mean the competitors, those who go to shows, competes in shows, has friends and family in shows, goes out of state to attend shows, follows 'the sport' etc...

Then you have 'PowerRod'. he posts on here all the time and is a bonified wise-guy...but never goes and never has gone...to a local show right in his own backyard. Wierd to me.
?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 10:40:37 AM »

What the fcuk is wrong with that dudes head?
a

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »
  The general public laughs at bodybuilders. They couldn't care less about getbig

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 10:46:46 AM »
nope. but a fuck load of people know about bodybuilding.com
$

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 10:46:56 AM »

dsan18 has the same illness.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 10:47:46 AM »
E

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 10:48:34 AM »
There's a group of about 6-8 guys at my gym that will always respond to two names from Getbig.

Mention the name "Vince" and laughs and head shakes are accompanied by comments like "That dudes crazy" and  "Goodbum, what's that crazy fool done now?"

Mention the name "Blockhead" and laughs and the "baby boos" and "baby mama drama" come up every time.

davidpaul

• Getbig V

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 11:00:48 AM »

Nothing, it's an illusion caused by his enormously muscular neck.

Munster.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 11:38:37 AM »
dsan18 has the same illness.

Foeheaditis.