Author Topic: Hussein death sentence  (Read 3277 times)

mac7000

• Getbig II
Hussein death sentence
« on: January 01, 2007, 06:49:31 PM »
Are Country was founded off Christian beliefs. What ever happened to thou shalt not kill? Im Catholic and I was taught you can only kill in self defense or time of war. Hussein was already in captivity and posed no danger to anyone. Islam preaches an eye for an eye, christianity teaches peace and forgiveness. I think sentencing him to life in prison would have been a more civilized judgement. If I was the President I would have shipped him off to a superMax prison and let him rot for the rest of his life.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Hussein death sentence
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 07:05:18 PM »
meh...he ws a muslim..the punishment for murder in Islam is death

however a quick 1 stroke chopping off the head is MUCH more humane..

remember "nerve impulses need to travel back and FORTH from the brain for anyone 2 feel pain"
and THAT is scientific FACT!

the end.
carpe` vaginum!

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 07:14:15 PM »
I really dont care that he was excecuted I just find it funny they always show politicians with there bibles. I wish they would have done the excecution a little more professionally ( bear with me here). Its seems as if the US handed him over to the Iraqis and they immediatly marched him over to a barn and hung him immediatly. This is why Im a strong believer that your can't bring western ways and democracy to the middle east, all they know and understand is violance.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 07:36:17 PM »
I really dont care that he was excecuted I just find it funny they always show politicians with there bibles. I wish they would have done the excecution a little more professionally ( bear with me here). Its seems as if the US handed him over to the Iraqis and they immediatly marched him over to a barn and hung him immediatly. This is why Im a strong believer that your can't bring western ways and democracy to the middle east, all they know and understand is violance.

republican alert!  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 07:42:08 PM »
actually my response I think sounds more like a democrat.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 07:47:28 PM »
actually my response I think sounds more like a democrat.

but i'm right?

riiight?

i can pick yall out at 500 feet now.. :-\   kinda sad dontcha think?
carpe` vaginum!

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 08:40:36 PM »
Nope

any views I have on the war or how its handled is because Im in the reserves and I dont want to get deployed again.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 09:34:35 PM »
Nope

any views I have on the war or how its handled is because Im in the reserves and I dont want to get deployed again.

nice back paddle...

i'll give ya that..
carpe` vaginum!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 10:49:56 PM »
saddam was tried and exucuted by iraqies, not christian americans

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 10:53:12 PM »

true, but we did

1) bomb his houses and kill his sons
2) imprison him until execution
3) put his enemies in power
4) hand him over to be lynched
5) cover it on CNN
6) fly his body out of there.

So yeah, they pulled the lever and held the mock trial, but we sure as hell facilitated it.  It's akin to giving a toddler a handgun and teaching him the trigger action then acting all innocent when he shoots himself in the foot.  You didn't "do it" but you sure as hell made it happen.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 10:54:43 PM »

riiiiight!  ::)

muslims blow up 2 buildings in this country and 3000 die..

Terrorism...

Bush bombs the f**k out of a country..no WMDs are found and the leader killed..

its gods will!

gotcha babe  ;)

i moved from pakistan cause i ws SICK and fucking tired of hypocracy...

...ouch..man i did no better here(as far as precieved freedom goes)...or so it seems like..
carpe` vaginum!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 11:07:54 PM »
he asked about christians and the death penalty,, the issue with saddams hanging is errelevant,, because christians didnt hang him

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 11:19:37 PM »
he asked about christians and the death penalty,, the issue with saddams hanging is errelevant,, because christians didnt hang him

LOL!

Are you denying we completely facilitated it and made them pull the trapdoor? LOL!  Every time I hear "this execution was an Iraqi affir - nothing to do with the US", I have to laugh.  Hell, even the usual media brownnosers were laughing at that statement.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 06:24:17 AM »
Its seems as if the US handed him over to the Iraqis and they immediatly marched him over to a barn and hung him immediatly.

Wasn't he captured in 2003?

Nope

Thank you for serving :)

true, but we did

1) bomb his houses and kill his sons
2) imprison him until execution
3) put his enemies in power
4) hand him over to be lynched
5) cover it on CNN
6) fly his body out of there.

So yeah, they pulled the lever and held the mock trial, but we sure as hell facilitated it.  It's akin to giving a toddler a handgun and teaching him the trigger action then acting all innocent when he shoots himself in the foot.  You didn't "do it" but you sure as hell made it happen.

Rob, it seems like you are ignoring the atrocities Saddam committed?

LOL!

Are you denying we completely facilitated it and made them pull the trapdoor? LOL!  Every time I hear "this execution was an Iraqi affir - nothing to do with the US", I have to laugh.  Hell, even the usual media brownnosers were laughing at that statement.

"Made them pull the trapdoor?"  From what I hear there was no shortage of Iraqi people begging to be the ones to pull the lever. 
R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 08:22:45 AM »
Rob, it seems like you are ignoring the atrocities Saddam committed?

true..but what r we..the hall monitors for the world ?

charity starts at home...

lots n lots of poor hungry children roaming the streets here..?

and lots of other dictators that did much much worse we didn't do jack shit about..like polpot..

ok ok lets forget that...answer this..when we were friends with Saddam he ws killing his folks back then...he had killed many many kurds (and back then it ws recent)..exactly what magic number of folks did he have to kill for us to all of a sudden declare him an enemy?

124456 is fine with us...124457...oohhh no..now you done it..we r gonna go to war against ya..

..makes no sence..

i dunno what the real reason for this war was but philanthropy certainly wasn't it...

and the result..more dead than saddam ever killed..  :-\

proof ..pudding..n all that
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 10:59:50 AM »
This may or may not help Toxy:

THE EXECUTION OF SADDAM HUSSEIN

Saddam Hussein: 1937 - 2006
He governed through terror and torture

By Aamer Madhani

Published December 30, 2006

Over his 24 years as president of Iraq, Saddam Hussein earned the moniker Butcher of Baghdad by ruling with brute force, torture and cunning.

His regime murdered at least 300,000 of his countrymen, according to estimates by human-rights groups. During his reign, neighbors spied on each other and children were taught at school to tattle on their parents if they spoke against the regime. More than 1 million Iraqis were killed in wars against Iran, Kuwait and the United States on his watch.

Iraqis, by and large, say they suffered terribly at the hands of the dictator. But Hussein, 69, will also leave a legacy in his country and the Arab world as a sort of Mesopotamian revolutionary--a nationalist leader who stood up to the American superpower that deposed and later captured him.

Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti came from nothing--a fatherless, poor boy who ascended from a small village to rule Iraq. He was cruel and arguably maniacal in his quest for power. His behavior, many of his biographers concluded, was that of a megalomaniac.

When the U.S. Army's 4th Infantry Division captured him hiding in a "spider hole" eight months after the fall of his regime, a haggard Hussein could hardly believe the American soldiers did not immediately recognize him.

"I am Saddam Hussein, president of Iraq," Hussein declared.

The moment of his capture on Dec. 13, 2003, underscored his monumental ego, rivaled only by his bravado. While he was in power, poets were ordered to write verse comparing Hussein to the Prophet Muhammad and artists were commissioned to paint regal portraits of the dictator that were nearly as common in public spaces as the Iraqi flag.

Hussein is also credited with writing several novels. His first told the story of a beneficent leader who sacrifices luxury for the sake of his people, while his last is the tale of a tribe living along the Euphrates River 1,500 years ago that repels foreign invaders from its land.

While he built garish, opulent palaces for himself and his family throughout the country in the 1980s, he mortgaged his country's wealth in that same decade on the Iran-Iraq war.

During his reign, speaking ill of Hussein or the regime was punishable by death. Baghdad cabdrivers feared him so much they avoided driving past the palaces because they didn't want to take risk angering Hussein or his associates.

Hussein was married, but he was rumored to have an insatiable desire for virgins, whom his henchmen would kidnap off the street. He was passionate about cigars, and Fidel Castro kept him stocked with Cuba's finest tobacco.

He intimidated his people, but he also feared them. During his last years in power, his public appearances were less frequent and he sometimes dispatched doubles to ceremonies in places where he thought he could be vulnerable to assassination. He rarely slept in the same location two nights in a row.

Hussein had created a cult of personality based on coercion, but he knew that occasionally he had to show benevolence.

He earned credibility on the Arab street through his support of thousands of displaced Palestinians he invited to live in Iraq. He ordered the building of mosques to curry favor with Islamic clerics. In the weeks before the U.S. invaded Iraq, he issued amnesty to tens of thousands of Iraqis imprisoned for various crimes.

String of atrocities

But Hussein's most horrific atrocities were the acts of brutality he meted out against fellow Iraqis. His henchmen amputated the tongues of those who criticized him. He ordered the systematic annihilation of tens of thousands of Kurds, including at least 5,000 in a notorious poison gas attack on the village of Halabja in 1988. Tens of thousands of Shiites were killed by forces loyal to Hussein during the uprisings in southern Iraq following the U.S.-led invasion in 1991.

The crime for which he was executed was the roundup and killings of dozens of Shiites in the village of Dujail in 1982 following a failed assassination attempt on Hussein there.

He and seven other members of the former regime stood trial before the Iraqi High Tribunal on charges of crimes against humanity.

In grim testimony, witnesses of the Dujail massacre recalled how Hussein's cronies, led by his half brother and former head of the secret police Barzan Ibrahim, tortured, imprisoned and humiliated hundreds of men, women and children. In all, 148 people died by execution or while under interrogation during the Dujail incident. Some 700 others were evicted from the village and cast off to live in the desert.

Hussein said in court that the executions were a lawful and necessary response to an assassination attempt on a head of state. Witnesses testified that the roundup was random and some of those taken in for questioning were children.

One of the tactics interrogators used on the Dujail victims was ripping their flesh by running them through a meat grinder, witnesses testified. One female witness described how she was stripped naked and sexually humiliated.

Hussein's confrontation with Iraqi justice marked the last chapter in an unlikely rise and fall.

Born into poverty

He was born April 28, 1937, to a poor family in the village of al-Awja, near the city of Tikrit. His father died before he was born, and he was sent to live with his maternal uncle, Khairallah Tulfah, who was a father figure to the dictator and a sort of political mentor. Hussein later married Tulfah's daughter Sajida.

In 1957, he joined the Baath Party. That year Hussein was denied admission to the Baghdad Military Academy, a humiliating blow that was assuaged 19 years later when President Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr promoted him to general.

Two years after joining the Baath Party, he was found complicit in a failed assassination attempt against President Abdul Karim Qasim, and Hussein was forced to flee to Egypt, where he spent the next four years in exile. He narrowly escaped Qasim's men, and he later told King Hussein of Jordan that he considered every day of his life after the incident a gift, according to Andrew and Patrick Cockburn's biography, "Out of the Ashes."

"I considered myself to die then," Hussein reportedly told the Jordanian king.

He returned to Iraq in 1963 after the country's first Baathist regime took power in a coup only to be deposed months later. In a second coup five years later, a faction inside the party overthrew the regime of President Abdul al-Rahman Aref. Al-Bakr, a relative of Hussein's, became president and chairman of the Revolutionary Command Council. Hussein took charge of the nation's security apparatus.

On July 16, 1979, Hussein forced al-Bakr to retire and was sworn in as Iraq's president.

Soon after he assumed the presidency, Hussein embarked on a purge in which party members were accused of being involved in a Syrian plot to place Iraq under Syrian authority. The purge offered Hussein a chance to remove all potential rivals. Hundreds of top-ranking Baathists and army officers were executed.

Infamous meeting

During the trial over the Dujail killings, an Iraqi television station repeatedly aired grainy black-and-white footage of an infamous meeting early in Hussein's reign in which dozens of party members were accused of treason.

In the video, Hussein sits calmly smoking a cigar and drinking from a glass of water as the accused are removed from the room one by one for their indiscretions. As their colleagues are being called out, the party members are nervous--some sweating profusely, presumably worried that they could be the next to be removed.

When the purge is completed, the surviving members of the party stand, applaud wildly and praise their new president.

From his ascension to the presidency in 1979, Western governments--including the United States--recognized Hussein as a ruthless strongman, but someone they could do business with.

By late 1983, before U.S. special envoy Donald Rumsfeld made a visit to Baghdad to hold talks with Hussein, the U.S. had intelligence that Hussein had used nerve gas to thwart an Iranian offensive earlier that year.

Hussein would later order the use of chemical weapons on Iraq's Kurdish people as part of the 1987-88 Anfal campaign, in which some 180,000 people were killed. He used poison gas against his own citizens more than a half-century after the civilized world had concluded that chemical weapons were too inhumane to use even against enemies. Hussein was still being tried on genocide and other charges related to Anfal when he was hanged.

During the 1980s, the U.S. government and other Western powers tolerated Hussein because they had a common enemy in the Shiite theocracy that ruled Iran.

Hussein's regime and Iran became increasingly hostile over issues that included control of the Shatt al-Arab waterway and two small islands. In September 1980, Hussein launched an invasion, setting off an eight-year war that left at least 1 million Iraqis and Iranians dead. Through the war, the U.S. supported Iraq by providing satellite intelligence and refusing to sell the Iranian military spare parts for its mostly American-made weaponry.

Persian Gulf war

In August 1990, only two years after the war with Iran ended in a stalemate, Hussein's troops invaded another oil-rich neighbor, Kuwait. That act of aggression exhausted the U.S. government's patience with the Iraqi dictator.

The invasion was ostensibly spurred by the Kuwaiti government calling in loans that Iraq had taken to finance its war against Iran as well as accusations that the Kuwaitis were stealing oil from southern Iraq deposits through a method called slant drilling.

But Hussein might have taken the risk out of desperation--Iraq was ravaged by some $80 billion in debt from its war with Iran. Turning Kuwait into Iraq's 19th province, Hussein gambled, was an opportunity for him to refill his bare coffers.

President George H.W. Bush ordered Hussein to immediately withdraw from Kuwait, but the dictator refused. Soon the U.S. and its allies had about 660,000 troops assembled in the region, one of the largest gatherings of armed forces in history. Hussein exhorted his troops to prepare for victory in "the mother of all battles."

Even after Bush gave Hussein a deadline to pull his forces from Kuwait, the Iraqi leader behaved as if he still had the time and the opportunity to negotiate. U.S. pilots were perplexed to find the capital lit up like an amusement park when they flew in for the initial bombardment.

The air war went on for 37 days, and the ground war that followed lasted only 100 hours. Iraqi military resistance collapsed, but Bush chose not to send troops farther north to Baghdad to topple Hussein. In the years after the war, Bush came under criticism for failing to finish off Hussein--particularly from Shiites in southern Iraq who believed they had the White House's unequivocal support to overthrow him.

A week before the ground war began, Bush had called on "the Iraqi military and the Iraqi people to take matters into their own hands and force Saddam Hussein, the dictator, to step aside." Shiite leaders latched on to the statement as affirmation that the American military would come to their aid if they attempted to oust Hussein.

A Shiite uprising ignited in southern Iraq, but troops loyal to Hussein squashed the intifada in a bloody assault that left tens of thousands dead. U.S. troops never intervened.

Bush and his advisers feared the U.S. would lose its coalition if it moved beyond the stated aim of the war, which was accomplished by flushing Iraqi troops out of Kuwait. There was also a hesitance to risk more U.S. lives in an assault on Baghdad.

Many Iraqis, particularly Shiites, concluded that White House officials had determined they would rather have the secular Sunni Hussein in power than an unknown Shiite.

From 1991 to the end of Hussein's regime in April 2003, Iraq lived under paralyzing United Nations sanctions that turned the oil-rich country into a Middle East backwater. Iraq, which in the 1990s still had stockpiles of chemical weapons, biological weapons and long-range missiles, was forced to submit to UN monitoring to ensure that it was complying with a mandate to rid itself of weapons of mass destruction.

The U.S. created no-fly zones in northern and southern Iraq, establishing areas in which Iraqi aircraft were forbidden to fly. Oil sales were to be tightly controlled through a program monitored by the United Nations.

The UN oil-for-food program, however, was undermined by corruption, allowing Hussein and his cronies to siphon off billions of dollars through oil smuggling and kickbacks from those selling goods to Iraq and buying oil from the country.

Meanwhile, his people slid into deep poverty. UNICEF said the first eight years of sanctions may have been responsible for 500,000 deaths of children under 5.

During President Bill Clinton's eight years in office, the U.S. military launched several air strikes against locations that were suspected of being used by Hussein to build arms. And in 1998, Clinton articulated for the first time that regime change was the cornerstone of U.S. policy regarding Iraq.

The Iraq war

But it wasn't until the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that the U.S. truly focused on ousting Hussein. Soon after the planes crashed into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania, President George W. Bush and his administration suspected Hussein might have had a hand in the incident.

But the attacks proved to be the work of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, and the U.S. went to war to topple the Taliban government in Afghanistan that had long given bin Laden and his fighters refuge.

After the Taliban was ousted, the U.S. turned its focus on Hussein and Iraq. Bush insisted that Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, including active programs to build chemical, biological and nuclear weapons.

In his State of the Union address in January 2003, less than two months before the start of the war, Bush cited evidence that Iraq had attempted to buy weapons-grade uranium in Africa, underscoring the need to take swift action against Hussein.

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 11:02:47 AM »
..cont'd...

The allegation later proved to be unfounded.

With Afghanistan, Bush had international support to go to war, but many in the international community found Bush's case for invading Iraq to be flimsy. Some critics of the war thought his motivation was personal: In 1993, Hussein had allegedly ordered an assassination attempt on Bush's father as he visited Kuwait. The plot was botched, but the younger Bush didn't forget. "After all," the U.S. president said in 2002, "this is the guy who tried to kill my dad."

Without UN backing and with a relatively small band of allies, the U.S. began the air assault on Baghdad on March 20, 2003, with targeted strikes on sites where they believed Hussein might have been hiding out. On April 9, a crowd of Iraqis gathered in Firdos Square in Baghdad surrounding a famous statue of Hussein. With help from Marines, the statue was brought down. The moment marked the symbolic end of Hussein's regime.

Trapped in a hole

For more than eight months, Hussein remained on the lam, taking refuge in the small villages of his tribes surrounding the northern city of Tikrit. On Dec. 13, 2003, U.S. Army soldiers caught him in the village of Ad Dawr, crouched in a hole dug in the floor of a mud hut where he hid with a pistol and several hundred thousand dollars in cash.

The once-feared dictator gave up without a fight.

The terror he inspired was palpable through his reign. And his cruelty served as an example to his sons Udai and Qusai.

Udai once bludgeoned to death one of his father's valets in front of a crowd at a party. Qusai would order his guards to grab women off the street whom he would rape, and he oversaw the tortures and mass executions of hundreds of Shiites.

Hussein's sons were killed in a shootout with U.S. forces in July 2003, months after the fall of his regime. He is survived by his daughters, Rana, Raghad and Hala, who along with Udai and Qusai were children of his first wife, Sajida Tulfah. She fled from Iraq in 2003, and her whereabouts are unknown. He was also married to Samira Shahbandar, with whom he had a third son, Ali. The two are thought to be living in Lebanon. He also reportedly took a third wife, Nidal al-Hamdani, whose whereabouts are also unknown.

Even with his family, Hussein could be merciless.

In August 1995, Rana and Raghad fled with their children and husbands--the brothers Hussein and Saddam Kamel al-Majid--to Jordan, an embarrassment to the strongman. After they fled, Hussein asked his children to return with their families to Iraq and promised that he would take no retaliation against them if they came back.

Several months after defecting, they agreed to return to Baghdad. Soon after they crossed into Iraqi territory from Jordan, the al-Majid brothers were attacked and killed.

Even among modern despots, Hussein's thirst for vengeance was unparalleled. Always suspicious, Hussein tended to keep what he was thinking close to his chest.

Soon after he was installed as president, Hussein explained that he saw his survival as a political leader as a shrewd game of staying ahead of his opponents by remaining feared and unpredictable.

"What is politics?" Hussein asked rhetorically. "Politics is when you say you are going to do one thing while intending to do another. Then you do neither what you said or what you intended."

Hussein made enemies in and out of Iraq

Saddam Hussein's 24-year reign of Iraq was marked by brutal oppression of Shiites, Kurds and anyone else challenging his authority.

He earned the enmity of the U.S. and other nations by flouting international law, a tactic that ultimately led to his downfall.

EARLY LIFE

1937: Hussein is born on April 28 (some believe he was born two years later) to a poor family near Tikrit.

1947: Hussein moves in with a maternal uncle, Khairallah Tulfah, who will influence his politics. They move to Baghdad.

1956: Hussein helps lead student protests against the pro-British monarchy and organizes thugs to intimidate government sympathizers.

ENTERS POLITICS

1957: Hussein begins to associate with the Baath Party, which seeks Arab unity.

1958: A military coup topples the monarchy.

1959: Hussein flees into exile after joining a failed attempt to kill the head of the government.

1963: With U.S. support, the Baath Party overthrows the government but loses power months later. Hussein returns to Iraq and marries his cousin Sajida.

1964: Hussein is imprisoned for plotting against the new president.

1967: Hussein escapes during a transfer between prisons.

RISE TO POWER

1968: The Baathists regain power. Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr, a relative of Hussein, becomes president.

1969: Al-Bakr names Hussein vice president, and Hussein takes control of security. Over the next 10 years, Hussein surpasses the president in power.

1974-75: Iraq defeats a Kurdish uprising; the fighting kills 60,000.

1979: Hussein forces al-Bakr to resign and takes his place. He begins a pure of the regime. Hundreds are imprisoned and executed.

1980: Hussein accuses Iran of aggression against Iraq, and Iraq invades, attempting to take control of a disputed waterway. In eight years of war that follow, as many as 1 million are killed.

1982: Following an attempt on his life in the town of Dujail, Hussein orders the torture and killing of 148 Shiites.

1986: A UN report says Iraq used chemical weapons against Iran.

1988: Hussein launches a military campaign against the Kurds, killing about 5,000 with chemical weapons in the town of Halabja.

PERSIAN GULF WAR AND AFTERMATH

1990: Iraq invades and annexes Kuwait. The UN demands Iraq's withdrawal and imposes economic sanctions.

1991: A U.S.-led coalition attacks Iraq in January. In March, Iraq surrenders. After the war, Hussein's regime attacks Kurdish rebels in the north and Shiite rebels in the south. The UN imposes a no-fly zone in the north to protect Kurds and demands that Iraq destroy its weapons of mass destruction and submit to weapons inspections. The sanctions continue, devastating the country for the next 12 years.

1992: The UN imposes a no-fly zone in the south.

1993: The U.S. bombs Iraq's intelligence headquarters after an alleged plot to kill former President George H.W. Bush.

1998: Hussein expels UN weapons inspectors. The U.S. and Britain bomb suspected

weapons sites.

2001: Hussein's son Qusai becomes head of the Baath Party. The U.S. and Britain strike Iraqi air defense sites.

TOPPLED BY THE U.S.

September 2002: President Bush tells the UN that "action will be unavoidable" if Iraq does not comply with UN demands that it abandon its chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programs.

February 2003: The U.S. and Britain argue unsuccessfully for UN support of an attack on Iraq.

March 20: The U.S. bombs targets in Baghdad in an attempt to kill Hussein. A full-scale invasion follows.

April 9: Baghdad falls to U.S. forces.

July 22: The U.S. military kills Hussein's sons Udai and Qusai in a raid in Mosul.

Dec. 13: U.S. forces capture Hussein hiding underground near a small hut in Ad Dawr, Iraq.

Nov. 5, 2006: An Iraqi court finds Hussein guilty of crimes against humanity in the 1982 Dujail killings and sentences him to hang.

Dec. 30, 2006: Hussein is executed.

Sources: "Saddam Hussein: The Politics of Revenge" by Said Aburish, BBC. The Iraq Foundation, Mission of Iraq to the United Nations, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Atlantic Monthly, Tribune reports.

R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 01:12:25 PM »
stells thats wayyy 2 long..i'm gonna have 2 read it in sections...
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
stells thats wayyy 2 long..i'm gonna have 2 read it in sections...

It is long...but pretty interesting.
R

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 03:10:32 AM »
can anyone actually say that before that trail started that saddam was going to live i doubt it

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 03:37:20 AM »

funny how all the "Iraqui" judges had perfect british accents and law degrees from London....

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 03:38:24 AM »
funny how all the "Iraqui" judges had perfect british accents and law degrees from London....
yes and had miniature flags of the us on the stand  ;D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 04:31:53 PM »
meh...he ws a muslim..the punishment for murder in Islam is death

however a quick 1 stroke chopping off the head is MUCH more humane..

remember "nerve impulses need to travel back and FORTH from the brain for anyone 2 feel pain"
and THAT is scientific FACT!

the end.

Doesn't matter what Hussein was.

What matter is what his judges are.

Touche.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 02:21:58 AM »
scientists argue that the brain remains contious after decapitation for up to 120 seconds...