Author Topic: whats a good supplement and...  (Read 3155 times)

bigjoex

• Getbig II
whats a good supplement and...
« on: January 02, 2007, 08:48:31 AM »
whats a good supplement and i heard creatine is good if so what type of creatine and should u stack it?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: whats a good supplement and...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 10:33:48 AM »
whats a good supplement and i heard creatine is good if so what type of creatine and should u stack it?

"stack" creatine? lol. I hope your diet is in check, otherwise supplements don't work very good.

If you are a first timer, use plain creatine monohydrate. It's cheap and works well with most people.
Be sure to drink a lot.

Mix your creatine with WARM water, then drink your juice 30 minutes after that. AND don't drink apple juice!! apple juice has mainly fructose, which causes little to no insulin spike, depending on how much you drink. dextrose is fine.

Now, why would you drink your dextrose 30 minutes AFTER your creatine? Doesn't make sense?
Yes it does. Creatine takes a certain amount of time to be absorbed, dextrose is absorbed right away, starting in your mouth, while creatine will be absorbed by your intestines. So drinking it together will result in an immense insulin spike, (regarding the fact that most people use way too much dextrose, "too be on the safe side") which will come crashiing down after a few minutes.
Now the creatine arrives, but the insulin is long gone.
So, a timed consuption of carbs and creatine is better.
Eating a lot of cinnamon keeps insulin sensitivity high, so i would recommend in adding cinnamon to your diet instead of consuming more and more sugar to get the creatine to where it should be.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 11:14:22 AM »
everyone seems to thing SIZE ON is good.

You could use it with SUPER PUMP 250 or   NO-XPLOD

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 11:21:22 AM »
supplements are SUCH a waste of money for fuckes sake! eat clean good and alot, the only things i buy are glutamine,aminos and my vitamens.
bodybuildersreality.com

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 12:04:54 PM »
supplements are SUCH a waste of money for fuckes sake! eat clean good and alot, the only things i buy are glutamine,aminos and my vitamens.

Thank you.  I would add creatine (no particular type is much better than any other - do you really thing all these "marketing firms" are making their own versions and have equipment - nope).  Take vitamins and anti-oxidants and herbs for health if science backs it up.  Protein only if you don't get enough in your food...
Motherboy (the band).

Trev.D

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 02:12:56 AM »
man stop being a baby and hit the normals then step up to us

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 02:43:53 AM »
i remember someone asking lee priest how he achieves a pump at the gym and what supp's he took pre workout to achieve it

he said fruitloops  ;D

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 02:49:34 AM »
and another thing , arnold etc , they ate lots of bbing foods......and drugs , none of this NO explode or whatever

either take drugs and eat clean or just eat good nutrtious foods and the right amounts for ya goals , and dont give me that 'but times have changed bs'

If you dont look better than steve reeves with all the supps he DIDNT take then theres ya answer , train/eat harder/smarter

>:( im tired and going to bed , blah

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 06:01:29 AM »
Supplement companies arent there to "make you bigger" they are there to make money for themselves. Any gains your gunna make from a supplement you could also gain from tweaking your diet.
Supplements are exactly that, supplements, if you have a proper diet what do you need to supplement?
big or bust

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 12:33:36 PM »
Supplement companies arent there to "make you bigger" they are there to make money for themselves. Any gains your gunna make from a supplement you could also gain from tweaking your diet.
Supplements are exactly that, supplements, if you have a proper diet what do you need to supplement?
best post i've EVER read.
bodybuildersreality.com

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 12:42:30 PM »

Very true.

I honestly believe Getbig.com is HURTING this industry as more and more people read these boards. They learn the truth and people stop buying supps.

Still...creatine. There are 3 creatine products I would trust.

Gasparis' SIZE On
 Vitargo
 Pride Nutrition's KRYPTONITE.
?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 12:47:09 PM »

The basic rule of supplements for me is to get any substances in high doses that are difficult, if not flat-out impossible, to get from regular food.

Creatine would be a prime example. Yes, it comes from red meat. But, unless you own a slaughterhouse and plan on downing an entire cow, getting 20-30 grams of creatine from beef (during a loading phase) is rather ridiculous. Even a maintenance dose of 10 grams would require at least 10 lbs. of meat to get it from beef.

Whey protein is another example. It comes from milk, but only a fifth of milk protein is whey. I consume around 200 grams of whey protein each day. To get that from milk, I'd have to consume 1000 fl oz. of milk (THAT'S NEARLY EIGHT GALLONS OF MILK!!!).

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 12:51:26 PM »
yes i agree, protein is ok as long as your are not supplementing it for food.
You should do your best to reach your protein goal in food but if not possible a shake here and there wont hurt.
big or bust

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 12:54:16 PM »
Very true.

I honestly believe Getbig.com is HURTING this industry as more and more people read these boards. They learn the truth and people stop buying supps.

Still...creatine. There are 3 creatine products I would trust.

Gasparis' SIZE On
 Vitargo
 Pride Nutrition's KRYPTONITE.

PLEASE!!!!!!!

Of all the people who buy and use supplements, a small, and I stress, SMALL fraction of them posts on internet boards (GetBig, in particular).

And, of those who do post here, few (if any) have stopped buying supplements because of you, or any other self-appointed member of the supplement police here.

Plus, shouldn't you be blubbering and wailing about Gaspari Nutrition and Nutrex "deceiving" those poor little newbies, using scantily-clad blonde models to sell their wares, etc., or does all that outrage apply only to Muscletech?

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 12:56:39 PM »
The trainer at one of the gyms i train at is the best in the country for his class , is natural and rates up there with physiques like JROD , deangelo and supernatural

is sponsored by the best well known bbing supp company for NZ

BUT   doesnt take any of there shit and just eats lots of rice , veges and meats etc

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 01:10:58 PM »
PLEASE!!!!!!!

Of all the people who buy and use supplements, a small, and I stress, SMALL fraction of them posts on internet boards (GetBig, in particular).

And, of those who do post here, few (if any) have stopped buying supplements because of you, or any other self-appointed member of the supplement police here.

Plus, shouldn't you be blubbering and wailing about Gaspari Nutrition and Nutrex "deceiving" those poor little newbies, using scantily-clad blonde models to well their wares, etc., or does all that outrage apply only to Muscletech?

Only to MuscleTech...

Hahahahahaha! Good post but it falls short. MT gets no play here.

MT works hard to insult the vet and scam the newbie. We know markus Ruhl doenst use Vitargo to get "huge" and you can take all the gaspari products you want but you if you arent genetically pre-disposed to look like Rich you arent going to.

MT are whores...other companies are 'easy'. Hahahahahahahahaha!

?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 01:17:02 PM »
Only to MuscleTech...

MT works hard to insult the vet and scam the newbie. We know markus Ruhl doenst use Vitargo to get "huge" and you can take all the gaspari products you want but you if you arent genetically pre-disposed to look like Rich you arent going to.

genetically predisposed?? lmao

All supplement companies are whores, and all professional BB are all drugs.  8)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 02:08:05 PM »
genetically predisposed?? lmao

All supplement companies are whores, and all professional BB are all drugs.  8)
I wont argue that one!
?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »
Only to MuscleTech...

Any so-called vet would know that MuscleTech is no different, when it comes to advertising, than any other supplement company out there. Either MuscleTech's products work or they don't. From my experience, they do. I'm fully aware that guys like Jay Culter and Darrem Charles were big long before they joined MuscleTech, just as Markus Ruhl (who once worked for MuscleTech) was huge before he joined either company.

That's pretty much the case with a number of supplement companies. But, your singing the praises of Nutrex and Gaspari Nutrition, while complaining about MuscleTech, for doing the same thing is rather silly.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 03:23:07 PM »

So?

MT gets no respect...ever. We don't know them we dont WANT to know them...they are the enemy!
?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 03:28:20 PM »
So?

MT gets no respect...ever. We don't know them we dont WANT to know them...they are the enemy!

The enemy of what? MuscleTech is a supplement company, just like Nutrex, Gaspari Nutrition, MET-Rx, etc.

As long as MuscleTech's products are effective, the company gets plenty of respect (at least from me).

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 03:40:07 PM »

Well NOT from this cowboy...

MT is the enemy...we dont KNOW THEM nor do we want to know them.

The ONLY respect they get are from the kids who train chest on Monday nights.
?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 03:48:32 PM »
Well NOT from this cowboy...

MT is the enemy...we dont KNOW THEM nor do we want to know them.

The ONLY respect they get are from the kids who train chest on Monday nights.

We? What are you, Venom from the Spider-Man cartoons?

MuscleTech gets respect from anyone who uses its products and obtained results (and can get them at a good price).

Besides, who DOESN'T train chest on Monday nights.

;D

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 04:12:50 PM »

Those who don't use MT products dont train chest on Monday nights and start off with flat bench pressing.

Is your chest sore, MCWAY?

Venom is a pussy...he shines Carnages' shoes!
?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 06:10:54 PM »
Those who don't use MT products dont train chest on Monday nights and start off with flat bench pressing.

Is your chest sore, MCWAY?

Venom is a pussy...he shines Carnages' shoes!

Actually, it is slightly sore. But, I don't start off with flat-bench presses! I warm up with pec-deck flyes, then the benches (with some inclines for good measure), and lastly some dips.

Mondays and Thursdays are for upper body; on Tuesday and Fridays, it's time to hit legs.