Author Topic: Why would any Pro like to stay in the Shape of a Pro BB if he is not competing  (Read 2969 times)

ThePassion

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Luke,

You look better guest posing than you do onstage  ;)

Good luck this year big man, your looking amazing!
guest posing

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
"Why would any Pro like to stay in the Shape of a Pro BB if he is not competing?" = why would anyone like to be in shape if he/she is not competing (or ever plans to compete)? ::)

so Milos are you saying that staying lean year round is not in the benefit of the athlete? Shawn ray did it
Get Big, or Die Trying

Stark

• Getbig V
Stark it is easy to mislead yopur question. If you worded it like your post above than we would know what you meant. The way i read it was, that if a bodybuilder is between shows or taking a year off competing for eg. why would he/she stay in shape? thats how i read it. You would have to be a pro bodybuilder to unstand why we would want to stay in shape even after we retire. Now i can tell you that Jay and Ronnie won't be over 300lbs when they retire but, they we still be very big and in shape bodybuilders all there lives. Why?? we have dedicated most of our lives to looking the way we do and you just don't mentally nor physically just go out of shape! We have keep a lean BF % (compared to most society) for all our lives and we continue to do so all our lives. When we stop competing it because we just cannot improve on a competitive stage any longer ot do not feel the need to compete anymore and this does'nt mean we get out of shape. Milos is still not far from what he looked like when he was competing and could back there very, very fast! Why? because we  love what we do! You look at Lee Labrada and Rich Gaspari, not as muscular as they were when competing but still in great shape.

ok makes sense, my apologies to Milos.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
"Why would any Pro like to stay in the Shape of a Pro BB if he is not competing?" = why would anyone like to be in shape if he/she is not competing (or ever plans to compete)? ::)

Yup. Good comeback.

What gets me are the guys who use LOTS of gear and GH and slin and supps and tan and shave down/wax and manipulate their carbs during the week and carry food around with them and get anal about what they eat and use clen and get as stage ready looking as possible...mystic tan, tanningbeds and they DON'T COMPETE nor ever have plans to do so.

Those guys trip me out more. I know LOTS of guys like that "yea bro...the last 6 weeks man I'm gonna drop the sus and dbol and lean out with some clen and some primo and winny...yea thought about a little T3 but I aint sure..." Just for the heck of it. Then they'll use PCT etc...

Never competed, never will and have no desire to. 
?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Yup. Good comeback.

What gets me are the guys who use LOTS of gear and GH and slin and supps and tan and shave down/wax and manipulate their carbs during the week and carry food around with them and get anal about what they eat and use clen and get as stage ready looking as possible...mystic tan, tanningbeds and they DON'T COMPETE nor ever have plans to do so.

Those guys trip me out more. I know LOTS of guys like that "yea bro...the last 6 weeks man I'm gonna drop the sus and dbol and lean out with some clen and some primo and winny...yea thought about a little T3 but I aint sure..." Just for the heck of it. Then they'll use PCT etc...

So what? Why does that bug you?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V

I look at it like this...

Let's say that I...day in and day out read everything I could about BASEBALL. I followed the game in deep detail and went to the batting cages almost every day and had a partner to practice my pitches and throws and ran the bases daily to get my speed from home-first in under 5 seconds...practice my 'shortstop' game and praticed catching pop-ups and just constantly did everything I could to be an awesome ball player...

Then some of the guys say...'Hey Block, we're all meeting up at the park Sunday afternoon to playa little fast pitching...got 2 teams just need one more guy you wanna play?'

Then I refuse to saying...'Naaa...I like baseball but I dont play'.

I just dont get it.
?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Yup. Good comeback.

i knew a guy almost word for word,gh and tried slin,alway's running a cycle,afraid to get small was 5'5 230 ish and large,leg's like a horse's,strong and thick,hard enough not super lean ,couldl easily place and win locally and possibly national level,not a thought about just liked being gym big,tell you what great guy and open to talk to about things.

Tomanater

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Eat-Sleep-Train-Grow
Luke
Damn Bro you have made some serious progress.You look great good luck at the Spring Shows.
Peace D

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Luke
Damn Bro you have made some serious progress.You look great good luck at the Spring Shows.
Peace D

thankyou very much! ;)