Author Topic: Why would any Pro like to stay in the Shape of a Pro BB if he is not competing  (Read 2950 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
I mean it must be incredible tough to stay in shape of a professional bodybuilder, we all know that even if you are blessed with good genes humans are not meant to be that muscular, so I can only assume how fast all the "extra" muscles the body acctually does not need disapears if you are not spot on with the diet and chemical supplements.
Sure you want to stay in shape, have some decent guns and maybe abs, but why is it that every time I see somebody post a picture of a retired bodybuilder and everytime the usuall getbig "lifters" ::) are all over him because he does not sport no 23inch guns anymore.
It's redicules...

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Yes it is ver hard! but as a professional that is our job. We have sponsors who could call on us at anytime to do some promo work or photos with there supps etc!  Also guest posing work! Guest pose is a guranteed payment, so why not for the fans and the promoter be in good shape! The promoter pays for your flight, accomodation, meals and payment for the guest pose and i feel it is very unprofessional to guest pose in bad shape. There is no excuse. Offseason is a time to put on GOOD QUAILTY MUSCLE NOT JUST WEIGHT!

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
guest posing

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
guest posing
damn luke your looking amazing..wow
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
how much do you weigh in these pics luke..you look really lean
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Yes it is ver hard! but as a professional that is our job. We have sponsors who could call on us at anytime to do some promo work or photos with there supps etc!  Also guest posing work! Guest pose is a guranteed payment, so why not for the fans and the promoter be in good shape! The promoter pays for your flight, accomodation, meals and payment for the guest pose and i feel it is very unprofessional to guest pose in bad shape. There is no excuse. Offseason is a time to put on GOOD QUAILTY MUSCLE NOT JUST WEIGHT!

you should be an agent :)

Stark

• Getbig V

I think you missunderstood me Luke... I wasn't talking about off season, I'm talking about a retired pro.
Anybody with a little bit of brain left can see how stupid it would be to keep up the "massgame" even of you are retired, keeping in shape? Yes yes, but not to a pro Bodybuilder standart.

Insane pictures btw, looking ripped and shredded Luke

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
Stark, you are right. I mean if I had spent 10-20 years training, dieting, injecting my ass with drugs, once I retired, it is eating, eating, eating!!!  I certainly wouldn't care if some skinny wanker on the internet said..."All drugs"  ::)

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
Geeze Luke, you really let yourself go to pot on the offseason.  :P
Just kidding- whoa!  u look freaky.  I've seen pics of some other pose guest posing and they look "offseason"- u always look on.  Good stuff- ur the best.

Mike

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
I think you missunderstood me Luke... I wasn't talking about off season, I'm talking about a retired pro.
Anybody with a little bit of brain left can see how stupid it would be to keep up the "massgame" even of you are retired, keeping in shape? Yes yes, but not to a pro Bodybuilder standart.

Insane pictures btw, looking ripped and shredded Luke

I know what you're sayying man.  I don't know why getbig guys dog the pros like Dorian, etc..  You're right- many times once they are done competiing their body needs a rest.  I think the fact that so many stay in great shape says alot for them.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
it's probably self image. when you've lived for however many years as a behemoth, it has to be hell on the psyche to let that all evaporate. ripping on tom prince is certainly in fashion, but imagine how it feels for him to go from the 300 pound guy he was in the offseason (which is still leaner than most of us here) to south of 200 pounds. you go from a guy who gets stared at everywhere an is a spectacle at the gym to just a normal dude. if i said "i'll bet that sucks royal" that'd be a bit of an understatement.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
it's probably self image. when you've lived for however many years as a behemoth, it has to be hell on the psyche to let that all evaporate. ripping on tom prince is certainly in fashion, but imagine how it feels for him to go from the 300 pound guy he was in the offseason (which is still leaner than most of us here) to south of 200 pounds. you go from a guy who gets stared at everywhere an is a spectacle at the gym to just a normal dude. if i said "i'll bet that sucks royal" that'd be a bit of an understatement.

I feel the same way about Prince.

He got fucking lambasted when he was posting he was still 240 something and all that.

My take was the guy was going through some heavy shit and couldn't accept it.

P.S. I DID post a pic of Layne Staley and Prince next to each other so I'm not totally innocent either ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
he invited it on himself with a lot of the comments he made ("i couldn't get under 230 if i tried" springs to mind). but the fact is he was probably saying it just as much to himself as to the boards. i have a feeling actually admitting how light he had gotten would have just wrecked him.

the guy was a giant at 21, probably started in high school. all of his adult life and most of his young adult life he was a huge fuggin bodybuilder. now he has to go back to being a normal sized guy. starts to make you realize why flex or don long want to try and compete after their doctors tell them not to.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears

To bad you are the ONLY Pro that has this attitude.  If more of them thought like you the image of Pro BB would be better. 

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
I know what you're sayying man.  I don't know why getbig guys dog the pros like Dorian, etc..  You're right- many times once they are done competiing their body needs a rest.  I think the fact that so many stay in great shape says alot for them.
There are many a latent homo who hate seeing their muscle Gods shrink down to normal proportions. Also there are the haters filled with envy and ZERO genetics for bodybuilding who think- "duh, see it's all drugs, look at him now"
 Not hard to figure out

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
i dont expect pros to look like they did in their prime but it would be nice if they at least look more muscular than your average guy on the street and sometimes thats not the case
Z

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com

"Why would any Pro like to stay in the Shape of a Pro BB if he is not competing?" = why would anyone like to be in shape if he/she is not competing (or ever plans to compete)? ::)

Stark

• Getbig V
"Why would any Pro like to stay in the Shape of a Pro BB if he is not competing?" = why would anyone like to be in shape if he/she is not competing (or ever plans to compete)? ::)

I'm talking about the size of a Ronnie Coleman, Yates, Cutler... ready my question next time before your post hasty threads Milos.

luv2build

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
guest posing

Luke,
you look awesome.  that is how you should look when you compete.  maybe just drop the water.  What changes do you make right before the contest that cause you to come in so much flatter than you are here?  no offense, it just seems like you have been so depleted the in the last contest pics i saw of you and you are so full here.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I'm talking about the size of a Ronnie Coleman, Yates, Cutler... ready my question next time before your post hasty threads Milos.

Stark it is easy to mislead yopur question. If you worded it like your post above than we would know what you meant. The way i read it was, that if a bodybuilder is between shows or taking a year off competing for eg. why would he/she stay in shape? thats how i read it. You would have to be a pro bodybuilder to unstand why we would want to stay in shape even after we retire. Now i can tell you that Jay and Ronnie won't be over 300lbs when they retire but, they we still be very big and in shape bodybuilders all there lives. Why?? we have dedicated most of our lives to looking the way we do and you just don't mentally nor physically just go out of shape! We have keep a lean BF % (compared to most society) for all our lives and we continue to do so all our lives. When we stop competing it because we just cannot improve on a competitive stage any longer ot do not feel the need to compete anymore and this does'nt mean we get out of shape. Milos is still not far from what he looked like when he was competing and could back there very, very fast! Why? because we  love what we do! You look at Lee Labrada and Rich Gaspari, not as muscular as they were when competing but still in great shape.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
how much do you weigh in these pics luke..you look really lean

About 265lbs