Author Topic: Do you really believe the Pro's write their own Column?  (Read 1902 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Do you really believe the Pro's write their own Column?
« on: January 03, 2007, 09:15:13 AM »
Okay I believe John Romano, Lee Priest... hell I believe Greg Valentino writes his own Column for sure on MD, but seriously can you imagine Gustavo "Iwantagreencard" Badell sitting down once a moth answering questions send in to MD? Same can be said to Dexter Jackson.]
At least in MD "all" they do is answer Questions send in by the fanboys, but Flex on the other hand has some very well written Articles were I seriously doubt a person like (Markus Rühl) can write them, and I don't want to question the intelligence of some of the Bodybuilders (apart from Badell's) It's just the factor that some of them don't even speak English that well, leave alone writting an complicated Article about nutrition or Bodyparts and the training that goes along with it.

You thoughts?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Do you really believe the Pro's write their own Column?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 09:20:30 AM »
im the one writing most of these columns, but hey, let that us stay between the two of us.
Z

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 09:21:21 AM »

Perhaps they receive help in the field of grammar, but I believe they write their own.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 09:23:22 AM »
im the one writing most of these columns, but hey, let that us stay between the two of us.

So it was you then, that really created "monster triceps"

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 09:23:58 AM »
Would be a lot easier to write the artikles themself and just print the name under neath.

MAYBE Lee is going to spill the beans since he does not need to hold back anymore.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 09:28:51 AM »
So it was you then, that really created "monster triceps"

that and other phrases like "go to war" "do some damage on stage!" "dialed in" "shredded!" and so on
Z

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 09:49:45 AM »
You thoughts?

Not only do these pros not write the articles published under their bylines, their muscular development isn't solely attributable to genetics, diet, and exercise. Sorry to have to be the one to break this to you.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 10:06:01 AM »
Not only do these pros not write the articles published under their bylines, their muscular development isn't solely attributable to genetics, diet, and exercise. Sorry to have to be the one to break this to you.

Hey that's ok... I'm off than....crying a little.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 10:06:44 AM »
Hey that's ok... I'm off than....crying a little.
ok i am off 'than' too
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 10:20:32 AM »
ok i am off 'than' too

Are you allowed to cry?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 10:27:18 AM »
Okay I believe John Romano, Lee Priest... hell I believe Greg Valentino writes his own Column for sure on MD, but seriously can you imagine Gustavo "Iwantagreencard" Badell sitting down once a moth answering questions send in to MD? Same can be said to Dexter Jackson.]
At least in MD "all" they do is answer Questions send in by the fanboys, but Flex on the other hand has some very well written Articles were I seriously doubt a person like (Markus Rühl) can write them, and I don't want to question the intelligence of some of the Bodybuilders (apart from Badell's) It's just the factor that some of them don't even speak English that well, leave alone writting an complicated Article about nutrition or Bodyparts and the training that goes along with it.

You thoughts?
Only SOME and that's if they WANT to. They are given the option and it has to do with money. For maybe an extra few hundred bucks a month if they answer questions forwarded to them but then they face deadlines and majority of these bigtime BB's are way too unreliable so for a little LESS money they agree to let the magazine use their likeness and word the answer in a way where the reader thinks it's them. ie...spanish, street talk etc...

I'm in tight with a writer for Ironman Magazine and he told me how true that is. You guys really actually believe that Ronnie Coleman does his 'Q/A' in FLEX?

Waaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahahahahahahaha hha!

It's sad that some newbie fanboys actually do. A question can come in that goes...'Ronnie, what are the best exercises to promote the most muscualr development in the entire body and do you reccomend free weights over machines? '

In the MAGAZINE his answer is well written, articulate and very very scientific.

In real life he would answer just like this...

"...eh...well you know...basically eh...basically you gotta lift dem heavy weights and eh...you know just eh...basically lift dem weights and like make sure you do lots of reps to make the muscles grow and eat good food and rest...basically thats what I do".
?

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 07:29:50 PM »
Chris Cormier wrote his own column. He was arguing on the phone in his DVD about how he should get paid for all of the columns he did months before they were due.

whitewidow

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 03:19:15 AM »
Im pretty sure valentino writes his own shit or at least 80% of it. its always the same shit. Yo my latin broad is being a ho think ill pop some ephedera and shit my pants.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 03:28:46 AM »
If Ron harris ever quits, you'll notice all the pros would simultaneously sound a little different in their columns...

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 03:35:23 AM »
If Ron harris ever quits, you'll notice all the pros would simultaneously sound a little different in their columns...

Right.

People think I'm bullshitting, but Ron is responsible for like 90% of MD's content. Dude is keeping MD alive............
HAHA, RON.....

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 03:37:24 AM »
As if they don't. Next thing you'll be telling me those presents that were under my tree about a week ago weren't delivered by Santa. Come to think of it, I didn't hear any slay bells.....OH NO, it couldn't be, could it..... :'( :'( :'(

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 03:47:33 AM »
Are you kidding me?? They put their name to whatever the sponsor tells them to. DUH!!! That's how the game runs. I too will be signing my face and rights to whoever is paying for it. I can't expect my 'ol man to pay for all my photo shoots, suits, travel etc.. this year. They say what they are told to say, just as I will when I do my photo shoots, give my opinions, etc... Oh yeah , check out my friend Melissa Dettweller on the BuffBunnies website...I will be with her on there soon

jonsande

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 03:40:55 AM »

It's sad that some newbie fanboys actually do. A question can come in that goes...'Ronnie, what are the best exercises to promote the most muscualr development in the entire body and do you reccomend free weights over machines? '

In the MAGAZINE his answer is well written, articulate and very very scientific.

In real life he would answer just like this...

"...eh...well you know...basically eh...basically you gotta lift dem heavy weights and eh...you know just eh...basically lift dem weights and like make sure you do lots of reps to make the muscles grow and eat good food and rest...basically thats what I do".

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I've been creeping on these boards for awhile before registering, and even after registering I haven't made any posts.  But this is just TOO funny not to say something about.  I remember thinking the same thing when I read a q/a of his once...you hit the nail on the head.  LOL!!!!