Author Topic: Pumping Iron Movie Poster  (Read 1730 times)

elspecimino

• Getbig III
  • hulk hogan=largest arms in the world
Pumping Iron Movie Poster
« on: January 03, 2007, 02:37:30 PM »
I recieved a Pumping Iron promo poster for X mas, the only problem was that it said "starring Arnold Shwartznegger," but the guy on the poster is definetely not Arnold, nor is it any of the bodybuilders featured in the movie.  I was wondering if anyone has any clue as to who it could be?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: Pumping Iron Movie Poster
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 03:24:37 PM »
I recieved a Pumping Iron promo poster for X mas, the only problem was that it said "starring Arnold Shwartznegger," but the guy on the poster is definetely not Arnold, nor is it any of the bodybuilders featured in the movie.  I was wondering if anyone has any clue as to who it could be?

Did the poster spell it "Shwartznegger" as opposed to "Schwarzenegger"?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 04:21:24 PM »

Okay, leaving aside your spelling issue, here's your answer:

"Ed Corney appeared on the front dust jacket of the hardcover editon of the book and the front of the softcover version, as well as on the poster for the movie."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumping_Iron

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:56:58 PM »
when arnold complained and wanted to be on the movie poster, the director's told him it was Corney's enthusiasm, and bodybuilding in general that they wanted to portray, not just have the movie be a star vehicle for him
X

elspecimino

• Getbig III
  • hulk hogan=largest arms in the world
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 08:30:09 AM »
Its Ed Corney then.  Didn't recognize him without the stache.  Thanks for the spelling correction by the way.