Author Topic: Why hasn't anyone disproven the True Adonis Principles yet?  (Read 56740 times)

tweeter

• Getbig IV
Re: Why hasn't anyone disproven the True Adonis Principles yet?
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2007, 06:11:08 PM »
i said he need to be focused on putting on muscle, not to diet down to 3 percent or whatever number he picks. and i said it would take 4-5 years BECAUSE he's natural i use that big time frame.
not once have i said anything about bulking up.

Good point; I just misunderstood what you were saying.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2007, 06:11:36 PM »
I'm just learning about the theories, I am certianly not qualified to make any assessment, good or bad.  I just wanted to know why this theory hasn't been quickly disproved.

if TA came on the board tomrorow and said the sky was green, someone would post a pic of a blue sky followed by UV information proving him wrong.  If he came out and said he planned to bench 1200 by 2008, he would quickly disproven by others using records, tendon strength models, and empirical records of the progress of others and the plateaus as one nears limits.

But he's been talking about this theory for months now - his only example being a very ripped himself - and no one among this great group of obviously motivated people has been able to prove him wrong.

Me just curious, that's all :)

well you can pack on muscle or lose weight on any diet. call it mcdonalds, burger king, pizza hut or whatever.
most people would get in shape by just becoming vegetarians. that would cut your total calories in half the first day and forever after that.
when someone who needs 4000 calories to stay fat ends up at 2000 calories, he stops being fat.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2007, 06:11:58 PM »
Why is anyone putting any stock into this? And what "Adonis principles"...this method has been around for years. Dr. M. DePasquale used it with the WBF BBers to  less than steller results.

Interesting.  I will research him.  

BTW...shouldn't Adonis have to PROVE his diet works before anyone has to DIS-PROVE them?

Adonis achieved a pretty decent level of muscularity using this diet, and he posted pics.  Is there a level of proof beyond pictures you require?  Video?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2007, 06:13:16 PM »
Why would I ruin myself using a bullshit made up principle?  How was I embarrassed again in this made up world?  Your the one with naked pics of your fat ass self popping up on this board from time to time.  You try it yourself if you are so curious fat boy.

Name calling - nice response to a legitimate question.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2007, 06:14:35 PM »
Good point; I just misunderstood what you were saying.

no problem. basically i think most people that saw adonis thought his condition was fine. if anything they thought he could use some more muscle.. where as adonis seems to be more interested in getting his condition even "better" by dropping to an even lower bodyfat percentage.
Z

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2007, 06:16:04 PM »
Depends on what your definition of a "Bodybuilder" is. We have yet to see who are entering but any bodybuilder who enters that contest should have no problem stepping on stage.

Adonis wouldn't accept a challenge from Vince to get on stage.

what kind of man would you be if you did a bodybuilding show just because someone from a forum challenged you, when you don't even care about competing.   ???

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2007, 06:18:53 PM »

I'm just learning about the theories, I am certianly not qualified to make any assessment, good or bad.  I just wanted to know why this theory hasn't been quickly disproved.

if TA came on the board tomrorow and said the sky was green, someone would post a pic of a blue sky followed by UV information proving him wrong.  If he came out and said he planned to bench 1200 by 2008, he would quickly disproven by others using records, tendon strength models, and empirical records of the progress of others and the plateaus as one nears limits.

But he's been talking about this theory for months now - his only example being a very ripped himself - and no one among this great group of obviously motivated people has been able to prove him wrong.

Me just curious, that's all :)

A bunch of reasons:

1    He could be completely full of shit about what he ate

2   He could be on any number of fat burning supplements/drugs

3   The "principles" .......if he did actually use them, are nothing new. Calories in/Calories out is older than me.

4   I'm not impressed with the results no matter what he actually did, he looked emaciated.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2007, 06:19:43 PM »
Name calling - nice response to a legitimate question.

He is simply stupid. Brutal lack of reasoning ability.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

amoney86

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2007, 06:20:54 PM »
His theory is wrong because you need protein to grow and maintain muscle. If your stuffing your face with doughnuts and fries you will not get enough protein with out coming out of this calorie defecit and entering fat boy mode. He came out ripped but from looking at past pictures he lost a lot of muscle despite what he might think.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »
I just want to see his theory proven or disproven.

I believe he's said that macros matter not, and that there are no minimal requirements of protein or carbs for BBing success.  This should be an easy one to tackle.  True or false?

I've been hearing about this theory for the last 6-8 months on here, I've seen pics of TA going from 30% BF to 3% with veins popping out everywhere.  If it's BS, we have the best collection of minds in the BBing world here.  Show us why it's BS.  That's all i am asking.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2007, 06:24:20 PM »
His theory is wrong because you need protein to grow and maintain muscle. If your stuffing your face with doughnuts and fries you will not get enough protein with out coming out of this calorie defecit and entering fat boy mode. He came out ripped but from looking at past pictures he lost a lot of muscle despite what he might think.

Interesting point.  Cool to see a discussion forming.

LIFT you said Johnny jackson lived on fast food while offseason (presumably gaining muscle) -

do you know if he had a minimal protein # that he reached each day?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2007, 06:27:59 PM »

I believe he's said that macros matter not, and that there are no minimal requirements of protein or carbs for BBing success.  This should be an easy one to tackle.  True or false?

I've been hearing about this theory for the last 6-8 months on here, I've seen pics of TA going from 30% BF to 3% with veins popping out everywhere.  If it's BS, we have the best collection of minds in the BBing world here.  Show us why it's BS.  That's all i am asking.

yeah there's a minimal requirements of protein but it's lower than most people think and recommend. carbs depends but you need to get a certain amount of daily calories so you cant go low on both protein and carbs, then all you would have left would be fat to build on.

if ta was 30% bf it was because he ate a lot of calories. when he cut his calories in half he started to drop in bodyfat. the key is to do that and not lose a lot of muscle mass in the process. (asuming you have some to begin with and is not just a lard ass)
Z

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2007, 06:29:52 PM »
TA made a good point when he talked about how we unnecessarily divide everything up into 24 hour days. One day you might get 80 grams of protein, the next 300, it doesn't matter.

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2007, 06:31:25 PM »

I believe he's said that macros matter not, and that there are no minimal requirements of protein or carbs for BBing success.  This should be an easy one to tackle.  True or false?

bbing success  ???  ROB ,How many shows did he win

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2007, 06:31:54 PM »
Interesting point.  Cool to see a discussion forming.

LIFT you said Johnny jackson lived on fast food while offseason (presumably gaining muscle) -

do you know if he had a minimal protein # that he reached each day?
No clue.

Read the thread on Mayhem as I believe it was Larry Pepe who interviewed him and wrote on his offseason diet.

Meal 1 12 Donuts (6 glazed,6 choclate), bottle of sprite
Meal 2 McDonalds - Steak bagel meal, bottle of sprite
Meal 3 eggs, potatoes, pancakes
Meal 4 McDonalds - 2 quarter pounders with cheese, fries, 2 apple pies, sprite
Meal 5 McDonalds - 2 quarter pounders with cheese, fries, 2 apple pies, sprite
Meal 6 McDonalds - 2 quarter pounders with cheese, fries, 2 apple pies, sprite

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44551
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2007, 06:38:13 PM »
No clue.

Read the thread on Mayhem as I believe it was Larry Pepe who interviewed him and wrote on his offseason diet.

Meal 1 12 Donuts (6 glazed,6 choclate), bottle of sprite
Meal 2 McDonalds - Steak bagel meal, bottle of sprite
Meal 3 eggs, potatoes, pancakes
Meal 4 McDonalds - 2 quarter pounders with cheese, fries, 2 apple pies, sprite
Meal 5 McDonalds - 2 quarter pounders with cheese, fries, 2 apple pies, sprite
Meal 6 McDonalds - 2 quarter pounders with cheese, fries, 2 apple pies, sprite

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44551

That is incredible!  No shakes either?  JJ is pretty much the epitome of the this diet.  I wonder how high his BF% got?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »
Has anyone ever lived on McDonalds and won a bodybuilding show?

The problem is Adonis won't enter a bodybuilding show. I'm not saying the Mr. Getbig wasn't a bodybuilding show but he wouldn't do one where he can't control the variables (i.e. lighting & such). He'll go to one but won't enter one.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2007, 06:41:46 PM »

I believe he's said that macros matter not, and that there are no minimal requirements of protein or carbs for BBing success.  This should be an easy one to tackle.  True or false?

I've been hearing about this theory for the last 6-8 months on here, I've seen pics of TA going from 30% BF to 3% with veins popping out everywhere.  If it's BS, we have the best collection of minds in the BBing world here.  Show us why it's BS.  That's all i am asking.

I would say if you eat cheeseburgers and fish sandwiches from McD's every day you are getting plenty of protein, so his macros would be somewhat in order regardless.

If he truly believes macros are irrelevant and only cals matter, he could just eat only the fries FOREVER and still look good right?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2007, 06:43:31 PM »
Adonis achieved a pretty decent level of muscularity using this diet, and he posted pics.  Is there a level of proof beyond pictures you require?  Video?

I'm not saying he did or didn't eat what he said but we really don't know. All we've seen are a few pics of him eating ice cream & such. We don't if that was/is an everyday thing.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2007, 06:44:11 PM »
The mere fact we're all here debating this will only coerce him to write even more mistruths in the future.  Damn poetic justice. :(
Thread Killer

Eulogy

• Getbig III
  • May the bridges I burn light the way
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2007, 06:44:20 PM »
Call me silly, uneducated or just down-right ignorant, but since when did restricting your caloric intake whilst indulging on any type of food your heart desires become known as the 'Adonis Principals'? Simply not being weak-willed with a sweet tooth? He is the epitome of a scrub, followed second only to 240. How do you guys actually given credence to his statements, when they are merely taken from someone older, wiser and with ultimately a boat-load of more experience than he has?

Do you guys really just jump on any bandwagon that caters to your lack of will and diligence, just so you can eat unhealthy foods? Bodybuilders, eh? Quite the irony.

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2007, 06:45:36 PM »
if a calorie is just a calorie ,how about a only '' beer'' diet

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2007, 06:47:02 PM »
how about a only '' beer'' diet

I like that idea...

...let's see a bottle of Miller Lite as about 100 calories & I need 3500 calories day so that's 35 beers a day.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2007, 06:48:07 PM »
The mere fact we're all here debating this will only coerce him to write even more mistruths in the future.  Damn poetic justice. :(

I have to agree with you.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2007, 06:49:26 PM »
if a calorie is just a calorie ,how about a only '' beer'' diet

because you'll feel a lot better eating food of course, plus you need it to maintain muscle.