Author Topic: Pumping Iron  (Read 2745 times)

1991rs

• Getbig II
Pumping Iron
« on: January 03, 2007, 07:01:30 PM »
     I was watching this movie last night, and wondered...is PCT all that nessisary ?

At the end, during the interviews with arnold..He talks about the steroids they were all on back then, but nobody had gyno, or any visual sides...(besides Katz's hair, but that could be genitic).  Also, I read that taking Anti-E's may hinder gains while on a cycle...So what im wondering is... Is PCT drugs really all their cracked up to be ???

please no flaming... serious discussion only.

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
Re: Pumping Iron
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 07:34:07 PM »
what do you think?i dont beleave in pct but thats me.i come off my cyle pretty smooth and i keep my gains and my natural test level get back just fine.
So the real question is what do you think because its all up to the person.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 08:17:41 PM »
I think it all depends on what you're taking, how much your taking, how long you're on gear, & your genetic response to gear (& coming off gear).

As for no gyno back then check out pictures of Franko from the late 1970's & early 1980's.

whitewidow

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 08:53:01 PM »
It is interesting that they did not suffer from gyno like many of todays guys. they must of used something to curb estrogen they knew what they were doing it really wasnt that long ago. they definately got better steroids back then thats for sure. there ere no UGL's just human grade from pharmacys.

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 09:29:23 PM »
I think the gyno problem is attributed to the high level androgen drugs being used today (testosterones) because they are much easier to get. In the 70s and 80s (from my experience and I trained with many of the pros), the primary drugs used were Deca-Durabolin, Primobolan Depot, Anavar, Dianabol, Winstrol and Winstrol Depot with Deca and Dianabol being the favorites. The drugs were real pharmaceutical grade and relatively cheap. My favorites were Primobolin Depot and Dianabol, which work extremely well for me. Ciba-Dianabol was $20 and bottle and Primobolin ampules were $4. And moderate doses. Fortunately I never experienced any problems and I never knew anyone that did.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 10:48:25 AM »
Yes they are important, even if you canīt get them or afford them...
Thatīs why you posted this right? You canīt get Hcg, Clomid, Nolvadex so youīre wishing that they are not important. Too bad.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 10:55:55 AM »
Thatīs why you posted this right? You canīt get Hcg, Clomid, Nolvadex so youīre wishing that they are not important. Too bad.
haha!  ;D thats called self closure. Denying the truth.
bodybuildersreality.com

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 11:00:36 AM »
hahahaa...
Yup, you donīt have to be dr. Phil or even Oprah to see that.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 12:05:45 PM »

He can get them, he posts on another site that i do too, so if he wants them its quite easy for him to get them.
8) B.B.C. 8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »
When he talks about the steroids they used back then, he never once goes into too much detail...there is no way to know exactly what all he took....not without asking him out right.

Is PCT important? Lets think about it:

Phase 1: You go on a cycle of various AAS which leads to a suppression of your hormones.
Phase 2: Cycle ends, hormones levels have been suppressed because of outside "unnatural" means
Phase 3: No PCT is run...hormone levels magically go back to normal simply because they feel like it.

Truth be told, some guys can get away without running PCT. Maybe they ran a low dose cycle and maybe their body does have the ability to recuperate a little on its own "naturally." Even then there is no way that it can recover 100% and be back to where it was before the cycle started. Over time could it? Maybe, hard to say, but if so I think it would take a very long time.

1991rs

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 04:54:22 PM »

Thats not it at all, please READ my post.... Serious discussion only.

I Agree it is important if Gyno Symptoms occur...but with the testosterone suppression, Im wondering what the pro's used to get out of that "state"....If they did anything at all.

1991rs

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 04:57:50 PM »
When he talks about the steroids they used back then, he never once goes into too much detail...there is no way to know exactly what all he took....not without asking him out right.

Is PCT important? Lets think about it:

Phase 1: You go on a cycle of various AAS which leads to a suppression of your hormones.
Phase 2: Cycle ends, hormones levels have been suppressed because of outside "unnatural" means
Phase 3: No PCT is run...hormone levels magically go back to normal simply because they feel like it.

Truth be told, some guys can get away without running PCT. Maybe they ran a low dose cycle and maybe their body does have the ability to recuperate a little on its own "naturally." Even then there is no way that it can recover 100% and be back to where it was before the cycle started. Over time could it? Maybe, hard to say, but if so I think it would take a very long time.

Are you saying that running a PCT will restore levels 100% back to normal ?

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 05:41:29 PM »
A month or two ago, either Muscular Develpment or some other mag had a picture of Arnold and Franco in it, where they looked amazingly crappy. They had cameras around their necks and were standing around in their speedos. They looked so small and weak, you'd think they'd never been in a gym before.

Maybe the question should not be what did they do to keep their gains, but what did they do to put on so much size so fast?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 06:42:37 PM »

i think age plays a role as well....

im in my 30's now and would never even consider touching anything without pct.

my test levels were in the 270's clean.....id never get a lick of test back on the nuts i have now!!!!  pct or bust!

1991rs

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 07:05:59 PM »
A month or two ago, either Muscular Develpment or some other mag had a picture of Arnold and Franco in it, where they looked amazingly crappy. They had cameras around their necks and were standing around in their speedos. They looked so small and weak, you'd think they'd never been in a gym before.

Maybe the question should not be what did they do to keep their gains, but what did they do to put on so much size so fast?

Id love to see that photo, can anyone post it if they have it please