Author Topic: Beer and Estrogen  (Read 2082 times)

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
Beer and Estrogen
« on: January 04, 2007, 05:56:04 PM »
So I have been reading over the Iron Man mag that was sitting in my gym and noticed an interesting article which stated that "Moderate beer consumption appeared to lower estrogen synthesis in men..."  Curious what you guys thought about this, it was an article that was based on a study in the Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry called "Effect of Hop Flavonoids on Aromatase (estrogen synthase) Activity. 

Discuss.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: Beer and Estrogen
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 06:38:56 PM »
So I have been reading over the Iron Man mag that was sitting in my gym and noticed an interesting article which stated that "Moderate beer consumption appeared to lower estrogen synthesis in men..."  Curious what you guys thought about this, it was an article that was based on a study in the Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry called "Effect of Hop Flavonoids on Aromatase (estrogen synthase) Activity. 

Discuss.

define "moderate"?

i would also ike to read the case study to see if it was "moderate" over a day....a week....what was the time level. meaning: is 2 beers a night for a week moderate, or 10 beers in one night...

Knowledge

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 06:49:15 PM »
I have access to pretty much any and all peer-reviewed journals. I will do my best to hunt down this article and post it.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 07:26:54 PM »
I have access to pretty much any and all peer-reviewed journals. I will do my best to hunt down this article and post it.

very cool. thanks.

Knowledge

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 07:35:52 PM »

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 08:22:37 PM »
http://pubs.acs.org.spot.lib.auburn.edu/cgi-bin/article.cgi/jafcau/2006/54/i08/html/jf053162t.html

Bada Bing there ya go Wes  ;D My resources never cease to amaze me

and they wonder why they call you knowledge LOL

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 09:30:28 PM »

Knowledge

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 08:38:46 AM »
If its not working let me know and I will just copy and paste the entire journal article.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 04:05:20 AM »
I have gyno that flares up when I drink more than 4 beers in a night so I doubt this is true, but it is possible that 2 could lower it, and 4 raise it etc.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 04:27:46 AM »
Moderate would be one or two beers a night.  Beer is not gonna do anything good for you, sorry but its true, your just fooling yourself if you think it will.