Author Topic: fat burner question  (Read 1498 times)

spiderman405

• Getbig II
fat burner question
« on: January 04, 2007, 06:23:37 PM »
i wanted to ask something about the ECA stack. i know this topic has been talked about 10,000 times. But there is still a question that I have not found out through searching "forever". I have been lifting serious for 20 years and am knowledgable of all the supplements over the years. I wanted to know why when I have tried the ephedrine hcl, caffeine, aspirin combo and it does nothing compared to the old fatburners like ripped fuel, xenedrine, hydroxycut. everybody keeps saying you can still get ephedrine (vaspro) and (bronkaid). But this is ephedrine hcl. the old stuff was 25mg ephedra alkoloids. Well I have tried a couple of products like bronkaid that has 25mg ephedrine hcl and 400 mg guiffassen. I added the 200mg caffeind and the aspirin. Anyway I do not get near the effect, appetite suppressant or energy as i did with the old stuff.

Do you have any ideas why? the old stuff was not ephedrine hcl but ephedra alkoloids.
do you think ephedrince hcl is just as good? then why do I not get the same effects?

thanks

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: fat burner question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 06:34:47 PM »
how many ripped fuel pills were you taking?
carpe` vaginum!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 08:28:53 PM »
Well, ephedrine is "pharmeceutical" and ephedra was/is plant based.  Unfortunately, concentration, standardization, etc. can't be controlled in a plant - there's too many environmental factors...
We don't even need to get into the governmental BS ::)
:

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 11:22:56 PM »
Well when taking ephedra not all 25mg of alkaloids is ephedrine, I believe some are norephedrine and possiably others.  Perhaps those other alkaloids have a better/synergistic effect compared to the pure hcl.  Some times nature new what it was doing.  Also when you took the old fat burners was it the first time you used them that could explain being more sensitive.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 12:36:40 AM »
I totally understand what you mean, as the old Xenadrine RFA-1 was the best.  I have almost given up on the crap available today.  Now I just do about 4 shots of espresso to get myself through the day.  Sometimes you can find bottles of the old stuff on ebay, but it goes for a pretty penny.  Prepare yourself to pay $100's for a single bottle of RFA-1.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 04:01:54 AM »
Ephedrine hcl is just ephedrine.

pushingweightwi is right, ephedra contains also other alkaloids like norephedrine, pseudoephedrine and a few others.
It's the mix of these alkaloids and the fact that a standardization of herbal ephedra alkaloids is extremly difficult so the stuff was overdosed mostly.

I have taken both too and i agree that ephedra is better.

spiderman405

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 09:13:56 AM »
Thanks everyone. These are the answers I was looking for. I understand now. I was just wondering alot of people were acting like vaspro and any other ephedrine hcl was the "bomb" and when I took it, it was weak. im glad to hear that you all agree that it is weaker. I also pm'd "blockhead" and he explained alot about the alkoloids. I understand the difference now.

the main thing that I liked about the old ephedra fat burners was the appetite suppressant. I could diet easily. Now I have a hard time controlly my cravings. I have always have had a huge appetite.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 03:44:27 PM »
The old fat burners were awesome, but if you take them everyday, they are like crack.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 07:04:18 PM »

the main thing that I liked about the old ephedra fat burners was the appetite suppressant. I could diet easily. Now I have a hard time controlly my cravings. I have always have had a huge appetite.

Might wanna try Hoodia for the appetite suppression.
:

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 03:38:48 AM »
The old fat burners were awesome, but if you take them everyday, they are like crack.

Haha, true, very true.