Author Topic: Army asks dead soldiers to sign up  (Read 2461 times)

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
Army asks dead soldiers to sign up
« on: January 05, 2007, 11:08:26 PM »
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Army said Friday it would apologize to the families of about 275 officers killed or wounded in action who were mistakenly sent letters urging them to return to active duty.

The letters were sent a few days after Christmas to more than 5,100 Army officers who had recently left the service. Included were letters to about 75 officers killed in action and about 200 wounded in action.

"Army personnel officials are contacting those officers' families now to personally apologize for erroneously sending the letters," the Army said in a brief news release issued Friday night.

The Army did not say how or when the mistake was discovered. It said the database normally used for such correspondence with former officers had been "thoroughly reviewed" to remove the names of wounded or dead soldiers.

"But an earlier list was used inadvertently for the December mailings," the Army statement said, adding that the Army is apologizing to those officers and families affected and "regrets any confusion."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Army asks dead soldiers to sign up
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 11:13:35 PM »
Good grief.  Even 240's alter ego does nothing but highlight anything negative about his country.   ::)  240 you should move.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 11:30:30 PM »
LOL.  How pathetic are you?  LOL.  Loser.   ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 12:33:44 AM »
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Army said Friday it would apologize to the families of about 275 officers killed or wounded in action who were mistakenly sent letters urging them to return to active duty.

The letters were sent a few days after Christmas to more than 5,100 Army officers who had recently left the service. Included were letters to about 75 officers killed in action and about 200 wounded in action.

"Army personnel officials are contacting those officers' families now to personally apologize for erroneously sending the letters," the Army said in a brief news release issued Friday night.

The Army did not say how or when the mistake was discovered. It said the database normally used for such correspondence with former officers had been "thoroughly reviewed" to remove the names of wounded or dead soldiers.

"But an earlier list was used inadvertently for the December mailings," the Army statement said, adding that the Army is apologizing to those officers and families affected and "regrets any confusion."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

{LOL} They may just get their wish afterall... that letter could breathe new life into these guys and their legacy.
The  ghosts of these dead soldiers could very well come back to haunt them.  :D
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 09:12:38 AM »
240/Allied should move to Canada and shack up with Jag.   :-\

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 09:26:12 AM »
Good grief.  Even 240's alter ego does nothing but highlight anything negative about his country.   ::)  240 you should move.
When did you drop out?  What grade?  AHHHHHHHH Fargin spider.... I'm typing along and this spider drops from the cieling right in from of my face.  :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 09:30:03 AM »
When did you drop out?  What grade?  AHHHHHHHH Fargin spider.... I'm typing along and this spider drops from the cieling right in from of my face.  :o

???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 09:34:13 AM »
???
Oh yea, I killed the spider ;D   When did you drop out of high school, what grade did you bail?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 09:36:48 AM »
Oh yea, I killed the spider ;D   When did you drop out of high school, what grade did you bail?

Oh brother.  I didn't drop out of high school.  I jokingly said that to 240, but he's too stupid to figure that out.   ::)  Not many high school dropouts are adjunct professors.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 09:53:11 AM »
You admitted you quit high school after impregnating a woman at age 17.

Yet you didn't know what an MBA was, and when shown my B school accred, you called it mail-order.

You're ignorant of history, you don't understand stats, but you admitted you would trust Alex Jones with a family members' life before you would trust Bush.

All mixed up.

Okay 240.  Like I said.  Too stupid to figure it out.  Maybe you need another mail order degree?  The tragedy here is that you have reproduced.   :'(  I hope you wise up before your kid is old enough to realize what a crazy dunce his father is.  Get help son. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 04:31:40 PM »
Did you tell your daughter that you admitted on getbig that you trust nutjob Alex Jones with her life if an attack is coming, more than Bush?

Tell her when she gets home from the Loose Change screening she's at right now...

My daughter told me today to knock it off.  Finger pointing and all.  She scolded me for getting sucked into exchanges with fools like you.  She is right.   :-[  I am calling off the dogs.  As much as I like slapping you around, I will listen to my kid.  Out of the mouths of babes . . . .