Author Topic: There is NO such thing as global warming......  (Read 19546 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
There is NO such thing as global warming......
« on: January 06, 2007, 10:37:38 AM »
i'm in maryland..70 degrees out in the middle of winter..

noo siuch thing as global warming..keep telling yourself that when we have record # of insects this summer (not as many eggs laid previous fall getting killed by the cold..there is no cold )..or record prices at the grocery stores.. :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2565436963450479963&q=al+gore+global+warming
carpe` vaginum!

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: There is NO such thing as global warming......
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 10:49:50 AM »
Tell that to the people in Colorado !!!!! The worst winter on record. Record Snowfall and livestock dying all over the place. There is no scientific evidence of Global warming. The earth simply goes through different warming and cooling periods. It is just a matter of where you live in the country. I'm glad it's 70 degrees in New York. But anyone who has lived there for years will tell you that, it can be 70 one day and 10 below 0 the next. The winter is not over yet my friend.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 10:51:05 AM »
exactly, why is it that 80 percent of the time when you see a Record Temperature for this Day on the weather forecast on the news it's from the 1950's?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 10:52:10 AM »
Tell that to the people in Colorado !!!!! The worst winter on record.

you DO know that global warming will make some places colder...like UK is on the same latitude as the artic..but remains MUCH warmer..

if the thermo hayline conveyor shuts down due to excessive fresh water being poured into the oceans at the poles..bye bye UK :)
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 10:53:41 AM »
exactly, why is it that 80 percent of the time when you see a Record Temperature for this Day on the weather forecast on the news it's from the 1950's?

the 5 hottest yrs in HISTORY have been in the past 10 yrs..

i can say within the next 5 yrs..i'll be in a position to say 'i told u so'
carpe` vaginum!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 10:54:29 AM »
Remember acid rain?

Oh most of you are too young to remember that shit...

Yeah they said back in the 80 that in 2000 + there will be no more trees left coz of acid rain...
Lemme check.. <<looks out the window>> Nope... Trees are fine at least the view in ireland, the once the god damn brits did not harvest for their ships.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 10:56:31 AM »

you DO know that global warming will make some places colder...like UK is on the same latitude as the artic..but remains MUCH warmer..

if the thermo hayline conveyor shuts down due to excessive fresh water being poured into the oceans at the poles..bye bye UK :)

i am in the uk and have read about this - any indications as to when it may happen if it does? Im sure i have read it will be in the next 50 years or so?  :'(

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
I remember Purple rain....

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 10:58:50 AM »

Prince is kinda "funky" huh? :)

Stavios

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 11:00:43 AM »
haha Yes !!!!

it snowed twice here in montreal this year !

ok maybe 3 time at best but it is the first time that I look outside in january and I see the grass everywhere !!!

I am starting to love winter  :)

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 11:02:52 AM »
This is a very interesting topic with valid points to be made on both sides of the " Global warming debate " It's just a matter of how you see it.
Most scientists agree that the ( prehistoric dinosaurs) Met their demise due to a severe Ice age. So anything can happen. Severe heat ! or severe cold. Either way, I feel that a " Natural Disaster " will be the end of us all. Maybe not in our lifetime, but someday.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 11:05:23 AM »

i think you meant to say purple heads  ;)

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 11:08:17 AM »
12 degrees and sunny up here in the great white north!!!!

God bless global warming.

Fuck the penguins and polar bears, who gives a shit anyways!

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 11:08:57 AM »

Ill just build a giant house on stilts.
8) B.B.C. 8)

RJB

• Getbig II
  • Everyone on the internets is rich.
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 11:14:27 AM »
Tell that to the people in Colorado !!!!! The worst winter on record. Record Snowfall and livestock dying all over the place. There is no scientific evidence of Global warming. The earth simply goes through different warming and cooling periods. It is just a matter of where you live in the country. I'm glad it's 70 degrees in New York. But anyone who has lived there for years will tell you that, it can be 70 one day and 10 below 0 the next. The winter is not over yet my friend.

You are fucking retarded. I love how dumb people who know nothing about science say there is no scientific evidence.
Ronnie looked like doodoo

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 11:34:17 AM »
Even if global warming were true, according to you, at this point what would we be able to do about it...absolutely nothing...so stop worrying...

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 11:36:14 AM »
Dont worry if things get too bad president Bush will just bomb the sun.
8) B.B.C. 8)

Muscleboy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2007, 11:36:50 AM »
Im in Delaware and the temp just hit 73 degrees.  By monday it will be down to 50 though :'(

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 11:38:45 AM »
You are fucking retarded. I love how dumb people who know nothing about science say there is no scientific evidence.

You sound very scientific yourself ;)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 11:39:05 AM »
Remember acid rain?
Yeah they said back in the 80 that in 2000 + there will be no more trees left coz of acid rain...
Lemme check.. <<looks out the window>> Nope... Trees are fine at least the view in ireland, the once the god damn brits did not harvest for their ships.

acid rain was becoming a serious problem in the northeast US because of sulfer and other compounds coming out of coal burning power plants.  but the power plants were forced to add scrubbers to their smoke stacks, removing most of the sulfur and the planet rebound nicely.

but a mild winter on the east coast or a harsh winter in Colorado are not evidence for or against global warming.  the average temp of the entire planet, the oceans and the atmosphere, is what's increasing.  a change of just a fraction of a degree world wide is enough to cause significant changes.

the oceans are a heat sink, and they are very big, so they can store a lot of energy. more energy in the oceans is then available to create bigger storms.  That might mean more category 5 hurricanes, but it could also mean more blizzards.

there are things we can do to minimize or even reverse global warming.  first is reduce the amount of greenhouse gasses we're pumping into the atmosphere.   buy a car that gets 40 mpg or better.  find alternatives to coal and natural gas power plants.   improve the health of the forests, especially in tropical regions.

then there are large scale projects.   there is too much energy in the air and in the ocean.  wind mills and tidal mills convert energy to electricity.  but we'd need 100k of them to have an effect. 

if and when global warming is causing massive flooding and famine, we'll need regulate the amount of energy hitting the planet.   NASA and others are doing research on how we might accomplish that.   Using rail guns (an electric cannon) every few seconds, we could launch a few million sun shades to reduce the amount of sunlight hitting the planet by a few percent.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2007, 11:39:27 AM »
I live in Maryland as well. 70 degrees and beautiful. Just got back from taking the dogs to the park. Awesome day and lots of football to watch. Perfect!

body88

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 11:41:37 AM »
72 here in Boston. You guys understand it is usually about 5 out at this time of year :o

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2007, 11:44:51 AM »
Hey Body,

You worried about Mangini's crew pulling an upset??

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 11:46:01 AM »
RJB : I am a scientist dip shit. There is no scientific proof of global warming ! get out of your moms basement and educate youreself in the real world. ( little kids on the computer should not play ) In ten years from now we will go through extreme cold periods like the warming you see today. " Idiot " It's just cyclical.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 11:47:51 AM »
I suppose you will try to debate the " OZONE LAYER " with me as well. You will only fail !