Author Topic: Prediction: Lieberman will flip before the month is out.  (Read 11150 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Prediction: Lieberman will flip before the month is out.
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 08:44:03 PM »
Are freaking serious???????? Thats what we SHOULD have done but didn't, we SHOULD have played they're own game!!
ahahahhahaha..... have you paid attention to anything!!!!! GET THE HELL OUT OF TOWN.... I HAVE PAID ATTENTION AND YOU ALL REFUSED TO WORK WITH THE DEMS AT ALL FOR ANYTHING...  IF YOU GET NOTHING BUT THE SAME, TOO FUCKING BAD...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 08:48:10 PM »
Your right, they both suck....but which party will protect the country better??

AT LEAST the democrats keep our Nose where it belongs.....We have no business in Iraq.The troops there are IN NO WAY protecting THIS country.. If you HONESTLY believe in your heart that George Bush's ONLY agenda in IRAQ is to protect America then you are the biggest Fool on the planet.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 08:50:59 PM »
  I want someone to please explain to me what is BAD about any of these things? I am talking about to the average,middle class American...not some rich business man.

-no new spending if it adds to the deficit. 
-implement the recommendations of the 9/11 commission
-lobbying reform ("break the link" between lobbyists and legislation)
-raise the minimum wage, and allow no pay hike for Congress unless the minimum wage increase is approved.
-ban on privatizing Social Security
-negotiate lower drug prices
-cut student loan interest rates by 50%
-roll back multibillion-dollar subsidies for oil companies

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 08:51:16 PM »
AT LEAST the democrats keep our Nose where it belongs.....We have no business in Iraq.The troops there are IN NO WAY protecting THIS country.. If you HONESTLY believe in your heart that George Bush's ONLY agenda in IRAQ is to protect America then you are the biggest Fool on the planet.

*SIGH*

gtbro1

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2007, 09:05:57 PM »
Again, all he has to do is caucus with them and the Senate goes to the Republicans.

He ran and was elected as an independent.  He can caucus and vote with whichever party he wants.  That wouldn't be a flip.  The Dems already dumped him before the election.     

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 01:25:23 AM »
  Still nobody has explained to me what was bad about any of the things 240 posted that the dems wanted to do. ???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2007, 01:39:16 AM »
He ran and was elected as an independent.  He can caucus and vote with whichever party he wants.  That wouldn't be a flip.  The Dems already dumped him before the election.     
clown, that's what I was talking about, that's all I was talking about ::)  A flip to caucus with the Republican from the Dems ::)  Yes I can call that a flip.  I wasn't talking about a party flip, if you were paying any attention at all, this is the only flip that has been issue in the media ::)  Just ask if you're lost next time ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007, 01:41:49 AM »
  Still nobody has explained to me what was bad about any of the things 240 posted that the dems wanted to do. ???

That's because many people hate pelosi cause she's an annoyting twunt. 

But, many of her policies make sense to them.  They don't want to agree with a damn liberal on 6 of her 8 items which their party won't pass, so they stop talking.   Anyone who spends a year dissing pelosi, then agrees with 75% of her initiatives their own party won't pass, is conflicted and self-owned anyway :)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 07:37:27 AM »
sometime in the next two years would include from right this very moment until the end of his term
Thats what I meant. Somebody said within the next two years Cheney will quit. My response was in the next two years the term is up!
The House that Ruth built

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2007, 07:57:54 AM »
Thats what I meant. Somebody said within the next two years Cheney will quit. My response was in the next two years the term is up!

what's your point?  Obviously this administration only has two years left.  The point of my original post (the one I think you were responding too) was that sometime in the next two years Cheney will step down and Bush will appoint an untainted person as VP who can then pardon Bush/Cheney (should that be necessary).   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2007, 08:10:17 AM »
Your right, they both suck....but which party will protect the country better??

based on the current version of the Republican party - the one that allowed 911 to happen,  planned (or didn't) and executed the  "less than successful" campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan (remember Tora Bora), ignored all the generals and war planners and stretched our military to the breaking point.... I'm willing to give the Dems a run at it for a while.   They could suck just as much as the Republicans but then again that's a pretty low bar.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
based on the current version of the Republican party - the one that allowed 911 to happen,  planned (or didn't) and executed the  "less than successful" campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan (remember Tora Bora), ignored all the generals and war planners and stretched our military to the breaking point.... I'm willing to give the Dems a run at it for a while.   They could suck just as much as the Republicans but then again that's a pretty low bar.

You make a valid point.

The only thing republicans can brag about is "all the Americans killed since 2001 have been OUTSIDE of America".

Do you want a fooking cookie? 

They look like fools every time they say "it would be worse if the dems were in office".  They're like the boxer with a black eye and an 0-12 record talking shit to the guy who hasn't fought yet. 

Name one success of the Bush war plan.  If your answer is "no domestic attacks", well, that's because we saved the jihadists the trip and just delivered underarmed, underarmored troops to stand on their street corners so they didn't have to buy the plane ticket here.  Thanks, Dubya!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2007, 08:42:26 AM »
You make a valid point.

The only thing republicans can brag about is "all the Americans killed since 2001 have been OUTSIDE of America".

Do you want a fooking cookie? 

They look like fools every time they say "it would be worse if the dems were in office".  They're like the boxer with a black eye and an 0-12 record talking shit to the guy who hasn't fought yet. 

Name one success of the Bush war plan.  If your answer is "no domestic attacks", well, that's because we saved the jihadists the trip and just delivered underarmed, underarmored troops to stand on their street corners so they didn't have to buy the plane ticket here.  Thanks, Dubya!

The "we haven't been hit again" defense is specious argument and I wish everytime Cheney says it on TV that the stupid fucking talking head would point this out.   You can see a perfect example of this on the Simpsons when a bear invades Springfield and the town decides to have a bear patrol.  Homer assumes that the bear patrol is keeping the bears away and Lisa points out that she has a magic rock that keeps tigers away (i.e you can't prove it doesn't work right?).  Of course Homer doesn't get  it and he wants to buy Lisa's magic rock. 

Back to the real world.  If one assumes that some group (possibly within our government) was responsible for 9-11 then it get's really creepy when Cheney keeps mentioning we haven't been hit again and/or keeps talking about "mass death" in the US.  I see that as more of a threat than a warning.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2007, 08:49:51 AM »
Back to the real world.  If one assumes that some group (possibly within our government) was responsible for 9-11 then it get's really creepy when Cheney keeps mentioning we haven't been hit again and/or keeps talking about "mass death" in the US.  I see that as more of a threat than a warning.

Correct.  If you believe the US knew about 9/11 and didn't act, then that means Cheney is saying they could choose not to act again?

if you believe elements of the US Govt orchestrated the attacks, that means Cheney is threatening you.

If you believe 911 was a complete surprise, you really have to ask why Cheney would make that statement, then do nothing to close borders or implement 911 commission recommendations.  If he's concerned enough about a second attack to alert/scare Americans, surely he will pass every single piece of legislation possible to prevent this.  Yet they don't.  Odd...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2007, 09:01:48 AM »
well, didn't mean to take this off the original topic... but how about implementing the recomendations of the 9-11 commission. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2007, 10:16:18 AM »
clown, that's what I was talking about, that's all I was talking about ::)  A flip to caucus with the Republican from the Dems ::)  Yes I can call that a flip.  I wasn't talking about a party flip, if you were paying any attention at all, this is the only flip that has been issue in the media ::)  Just ask if you're lost next time ::)

Per my kid, my response is:   :-X

But I'll add that saying Leiberman will "flip" when he was already dumped by the Dems makes no sense.   :)  (He says, looking over his shoulder.) 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2007, 10:43:12 AM »
Per my kid, my response is:   :-X

But I'll add that saying Leiberman will "flip" when he was already dumped by the Dems makes no sense.   :)  (He says, looking over his shoulder.) 
Oh well since your genius kid says so ::)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2007, 12:00:27 PM »
Talk gets you elected.
Actions are what matter.

If the Dems don't follow through on what they say, they will get voted out.
Z

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2007, 01:44:35 PM »
Oh well since your genius kid says so ::)

My genius kid says you're stupid and I should engage you.  She is right and I'm trying to listen to her.   ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2007, 03:30:32 PM »
My genius kid says you're stupid and I should engage you.  She is right and I'm trying to listen to her.   ;D
You want to engage me ::)  Why don't you keep your kids out of this shit... It's just disturbing that you blow through these conversations with your little "kid genius" shield ::)  I really couldn't care less about what a juvenile thinks so please just stop... If you're ok with them posting, let them have an account and get cut to pieces, I care not but stop, just stop with the "my kid this my kid that..."  ::) yea yea, I already know your answer, your kid is smarter than me ::) whatever, just stop...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2007, 03:31:30 PM »
You want to engage me ::)  Why don't you keep your kids out of this shit... It's just disturbing that you blow through these conversations with your little "kid genius" shield ::)  I really couldn't care less about what a juvenile thinks so please just stop... If you're ok with them posting, let them have an account and get cut to pieces, I care not but stop, just stop with the "my kid this my kid that..."  ::) yea yea, I already know your answer, your kid is smarter than me ::) whatever, just stop...

:-X   ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2007, 03:36:39 PM »
:-X   ::)
ahahahaha... reality hurts huh... Serious, stop with the my kid this my kid that garbage, nobody cares you think your kids are superior; welcome to most partents--that you bring it on a board in political fights is sick...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2007, 03:59:27 PM »
ahahahaha... reality hurts huh... Serious, stop with the my kid this my kid that garbage, nobody cares you think your kids are superior; welcome to most partents--that you bring it on a board in political fights is sick...

:-X ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2007, 05:20:02 PM »
:-X ::)
Why the space between your smilies on your first post vs. no space on this postJackass