Author Topic: Feds pushing for Internet records  (Read 10490 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Feds pushing for Internet records
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2007, 09:42:32 PM »
Im' perhaps the most public guy on the forums.  i'm on getbig, or working, all day long.  i have literally nothing to hide at all.  however i am very much against the govt just reading everything on my PC.

Anyone who is "a-okay" with it is not seeing all the possibilities.

There will be monster abuses.  Do you think the federal agent who snoops on Warren buffet's computer isn't going to go home and buy stocks accordingly?  Do you think the agent whose brother runs a business competing with yours isn't going to snoop for a few min at your marketing plan?  Do you think the local candidate for whatever isn't going to try to find out every flirtatious email his competitor has sent in the last 15 years?

Those who are making the law might have the purest of intentions.  but man is man.  And every agent with a blank check to read PCs will be stealing naked pics of your wife, reading your diary, etc etc.  These folks have govt paychecks and aren't exactly loaded, so there will be chances for corruption are monster.  And even if you're completely clean, the *perception* of being dirty can ruin you.

For example-

Mr I, would you like everyone in your gym to find out that you just posted a link to Nambla on a weightlifting board of all places?   Of course not.  It was in the midst of an online discussion on politics, and you're completely NOT like that.  Everyone here knows that you are a religious man and strong conservative. But suppose you had a phycho ex who would try to use that info agianst you in a custody battle.  Shit.  That would look so bad as you tried to explain posting such a link on an all-ages board.

See how f'king dangerous it is when you can see everyone on someone's PCs?  Every time you accidently click something, get redirected, make a casual or flippant remark to someone, that info would suddenly become damning to your reputation. 

It's a dangerous law.  I'm all for snooping on the bad guys.  But a blank check to every PC in the country is inviting large levels of corruption and abuse.

well said... My little myopic friend Beach, please print this out and put it above your puter... centered... :D

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2007, 09:51:58 PM »
Im' perhaps the most public guy on the forums.  i'm on getbig, or working, all day long.  i have literally nothing to hide at all.  however i am very much against the govt just reading everything on my PC.

Anyone who is "a-okay" with it is not seeing all the possibilities.

There will be monster abuses.  Do you think the federal agent who snoops on Warren buffet's computer isn't going to go home and buy stocks accordingly?  Do you think the agent whose brother runs a business competing with yours isn't going to snoop for a few min at your marketing plan?  Do you think the local candidate for whatever isn't going to try to find out every flirtatious email his competitor has sent in the last 15 years?

Those who are making the law might have the purest of intentions.  but man is man.  And every agent with a blank check to read PCs will be stealing naked pics of your wife, reading your diary, etc etc.  These folks have govt paychecks and aren't exactly loaded, so there will be chances for corruption are monster.  And even if you're completely clean, the *perception* of being dirty can ruin you.

For example-

Mr I, would you like everyone in your gym to find out that you just posted a link to Nambla on a weightlifting board of all places?   Of course not.  It was in the midst of an online discussion on politics, and you're completely NOT like that.  Everyone here knows that you are a religious man and strong conservative. But suppose you had a phycho ex who would try to use that info agianst you in a custody battle.  Shit.  That would look so bad as you tried to explain posting such a link on an all-ages board.

See how f'king dangerous it is when you can see everyone on someone's PCs?  Every time you accidently click something, get redirected, make a casual or flippant remark to someone, that info would suddenly become damning to your reputation.  

It's a dangerous law.  I'm all for snooping on the bad guys.  But a blank check to every PC in the country is inviting large levels of corruption and abuse.

Good Post.  Some very valid points there.  I know if I had the ability to snoop without consequenses...I probably would.I would like to think I wouldn't,but...

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2007, 10:14:09 PM »
Mr I, would you like everyone in your gym to find out that you just posted a link to Nambla on a weightlifting board of all places?   Of course not.  It was in the midst of an online discussion on politics, and you're completely NOT like that.  Everyone here knows that you are a religious man and strong conservative. But suppose you had a phycho ex who would try to use that info agianst you in a custody battle.  Shit.  That would look so bad as you tried to explain posting such a link on an all-ages board.

Exactly.
S

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2007, 10:43:59 PM »
I only posted it once before about a year ago.....don't over exaggerate!

BUZZ wrong again. You posted it a few months ago when another Republican Mark Foley then co-chair on the Congressional Committee on Missing and Exploited Children, got caught preying on pubescent boys. I remember this cause I clicked the link and came up disgusted.  :'(
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2007, 11:08:55 PM »
To show it was a liberal site!

If it's a Liberal site, ...why were they urging everyone to vote Republican in the mid-terms?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UamvC6MQY8
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2007, 11:15:16 PM »
Re this new "law," what is the specific language?  Pretty difficult to debate a proposed law when you don't even know what it says.  

Re NAMBLA:  I don't have a problem saying it's something that falls within the liberal camp.  Liberals support the homosexual rights movement and essentially normalizing all facets of the homosexual rights movement.  That includes some normal people and some bizarre elements.  The bizarre side includes bisexuality, transvestites, and those who have sex with young kids.  We have some absolutely ridiculous statutory language in Hawaii brought to us by the liberals who support this movement.  These folks pretty much believe sexuality is whatever you want it to be, and we have statutory language that says just that.  It's wild.  

I participated in a classroom discussion with a well educated professor once who defended NAMBLA.  Scary stuff.    

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2007, 11:34:04 PM »
BUZZ wrong again. You posted it a few months ago when another Republican Mark Foley then co-chair on the Congressional Committee on Missing and Exploited Children, got caught preying on pubescent boys. I remember this cause I clicked the link and came up disgusted.  :'(
I could have swore I remembered him posting it more than once.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2007, 11:36:14 PM »
If it's a Liberal site, ...why were they urging everyone to vote Republican in the mid-terms?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UamvC6MQY8

Is that for real or a joke?  I had to click off when the cowboy was holding hands with a boy :-X

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2007, 11:39:36 PM »
Is that for real or a joke?  I had to click off when the cowboy was holding hands with a boy :-X

I know this one is a joke. It's a Mark Foley spoof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_zE00NSEKE
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2007, 11:42:23 PM »
Why can't Intenseone explain why it's a liberal site... I suspect he holds it as a liberal site because some civil liberty lawyers defended them.  That's not the same thing if that's what he's thinking... For one thing groups like the aclu are critical of both parties and have helped people from the right to the left.  Come on Intenseone, what the hell was your angle here, why is it liberal?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2007, 11:43:50 PM »
I know this one is a joke. It's a Mark Foley spoof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_zE00NSEKE
was the first one a real commercial, surely not or was it something they made for their site or what, I'm just trying to get if they were really backing republicans... that would be funny if true...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2007, 11:53:29 PM »
 :-X
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V