Author Topic: FLORIDA GATORS BURY "THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY" OHIO STATE 41-14!!  (Read 20945 times)

body88

Re: FLORIDA GATORS BURY "THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY" OHIO STATE 41-14!!
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 11:41:51 AM »
where are all the people that said florida didn't belong in the game and michigan should've went?

E

Right here, I still think Michigan should have went. It would have been a better game.

But, we had not yet seen the effect big time speed has on a team like osu or Michigan.

I picked the gators to win last night, but I was wrong initially. I can admit it. Not even the most hardcore gators fan would have predicted last nights blowout. At the time who thought the gators deserved to go? Florida fans only.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 12:32:50 PM »
Right here, I still think Michigan should have went. It would have been a better game.

But, we had not yet seen the effect big time speed has on a team like osu or Michigan.

I picked the gators to win last night, but I was wrong initially. I can admit it. Not even the most hardcore gators fan would have predicted last nights blowout. At the time who thought the gators deserved to go? Florida fans only.

it might have been a better game but don't you want to see the best team win the national championship?  a rematch would've been a joke, especially now after seeing what happened to both osu and michigan

I wonder what tom brady thinks now :D

yeah nobody saw what happened last night coming, I thought osu would win but I thought it would be close and thought florida was most deserving to play osu

florida may have been better but if they played this game in early december it would've been more competitive

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 12:40:19 PM »
I'm curious to see what the game would be like with maybe a 2 week layoff and not 55 days for OSU. I suspect it would be much closer.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 12:47:13 PM »
I'm curious to see what the game would be like with maybe a 2 week layoff and not 55 days for OSU. I suspect it would be much closer.

I like the way these geniuses completely forget that both teams had similar down time. This is called grasping at straws. bwahahaahahah

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
I like the way these geniuses completely forget that both teams had similar down time. This is called grasping at straws. bwahahaahahah

Florida played 2 games after OSU's season ended. Thank you for proving that you know jack shit about college football and are nothing more than a cocksucking bandwagoner. OSU's last game was 11/18 while Florida's was 12/2 against a very good Arkansas team. Game, set,  match. Shut the fuck up.

Stick to talking about all things bowflex, douche bag.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 01:19:28 PM »
Florida played 2 games after OSU's season ended. Thank you for proving that you know jack shit about college football and are nothing more than a cocksucking bandwagoner. OSU's last game was 11/18 while Florida's was 12/2 against a very good Arkansas team. Game, set,  match. Shut the f**k up.

Already knew all of that dickhead. The difference in timing was so important that you neglected to bring it up and provided absolutely no proof that it made any difference. Which means you've gone full circle proving only that your posts suck, you vindictive lil 155 lb. puzzy.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »
Already knew all of that dickhead. The difference in timing was so important that you neglected to bring it up and provided absolutely no proof that it made any difference. Which means you've gone full circle proving only that your posts suck, you vindictive lil 155 lb. puzzy.

It happens in almost every bowl. The team that had the longest layoff usually ends up coming out flat. I doubt you've ever played competitive sports but going 55+ days without playing a game is fucking retarded.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 04:11:40 PM »
OSU had what 85 yds of TOTAL offense.  Thats more than just the layoff.  If it was the layoff, they would have struggled in the 1st half and came out in the 2nd half and looked much better.  They looked way worse in the 2nd half.  Out coached and out played, plain and simple.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »
Same guys.

The Big Ten got exposed...again.

The SEC rules college football, period.

True.  Florida > Ohio.

I know that everyone is going to say Ohio did not show up.  Truth is Ohio has played no one this season (with the exception of FL).  Michigan got Destroyed by USC.  

I'm not taking anything away from Ohio State.  A perfect season "regular" is not a Fluke.  Us Gators would have loved one (Damn Auburn!!!).  But last night was a serious mismatch.  Everyone always gives FL $hit because we dont run up the score.  Truth is we play in a lot harder division where it is alot harder to put points on the board.  So although we don't make alot of highlight reels we still win football games.  We practice game management.  We get ahead and play conservative to maintain the lead and not turn the ball over.  Not pretty, but it worked great against the former #1 team in the Nation.  

I think a rematch with AUBURN would have been a better test for the Gators.  "Ohio State" were boys amongst Men.

\

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 04:42:37 PM »
True.  Florida > Ohio.

I know that everyone is going to say Ohio did not show up.  Truth is Ohio has played no one this season (with the exception of FL).  Michigan got Destroyed by USC. 

I'm not taking anything away from Ohio State.  A perfect season "regular" is not a Fluke.  Us Gators would have loved one (Damn Auburn!!!).  But last night was a serious mismatch.  Everyone always gives FL $hit because we dont run up the score.  Truth is we play in a lot harder division where it is alot harder to put points on the board.  So although we don't make alot of highlight reels we still win football games.  We practice game management.  We get ahead and play conservative to maintain the lead and not turn the ball over.  Not pretty, but it worked great against the former #1 team in the Nation. 

I think a rematch with AUBURN would have been a better test for the Gators.  "Ohio State" were boys amongst Men.

I find statements like this amusing considering Florida was completely outplayed by a mediocre South Carolina team and shouldn't have won that game to begin with.

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 06:58:04 PM »
I think that FL deserved to be in the game. They were the only 1 loss team in the SEC the hardest football confrence in the country. I am by no means a FL fan I am a GA fan. So there is no bandwagon going on here. Michigan would have been a better game I agree because neither one of these teams could match up with FL. They flew under the radar all season. Their loss was to the 3rd ranked team in the country (I think correct me if I am wrong) that is a pretty damn good season. Didnt michigan lose to USC by like 15 in their bowl game. Yea I guess you are right a team that cannot win it own bowl game deserved to be in the national championship game.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 07:13:03 PM »
I find statements like this amusing considering Florida was completely outplayed by a mediocre South Carolina team and shouldn't have won that game to begin with.

South Carolina would have beat Ohio State.  Oh yeah and who won the South Carolina Game? FL.  It's Game management not style points.  Win is a Win.  If you did'nt know that then your a loser....
\

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 08:07:31 PM »
South Carolina had 9 more yds of total offense.   brutal exaggeration

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2007, 02:50:21 AM »
I can imagine football season in Ohio, I live in Boston. As you know people eat breath and sleep sox and pats. Celtics and Bruins ( in the dog house at the moment) also. Smith deserves to receive all the accolades he gets. The kid is extremely talented. But, that pre game interview where he was saying things like " no one is better then me" I know I am the best" made me think all the praise was getting to his head a bit. You know how it is when you are not hungry. All the talent in the world wont do anything if you are not in it mentally.

The kid is a incredable ball player. But, he was visably frustrated last night. Cant get that way if you wanna lead your team out of a hole.

I missed the pregame.  I guess he has never seen the kid at LSU under center. Anyway... good luck with Smith's pro career.  That's when you start saying no one is better than me.
Oh...Monica!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2007, 05:33:02 AM »
Not even the most hardcore gators fan would have predicted last nights blowout. At the time who thought the gators deserved to go? Florida fans only.

You are correct on the first part - no one predicted a blowout. 

BUT, once USC lost to UCLA, the only reasonable choice was to go with Florida.  If USC had beaten UCLA, then no one ever would've known just how good Florida is. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2007, 05:34:17 AM »
The team that had the longest layoff usually ends up coming out flat.

Ok then, what's your excuse for their poor performance in the 2nd half?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2007, 05:35:44 AM »

Spoken like a true Big Ten apologist who doesn't understand that the finest college ball in America is played in the SEC.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2007, 07:55:38 AM »
Florida played 2 games after OSU's season ended. Thank you for proving that you know jack shit about college football and are nothing more than a cocksucking bandwagoner. OSU's last game was 11/18 while Florida's was 12/2 against a very good Arkansas team. Game, set,  match. Shut the f**k up.

Still 30 days for FL and 50 days for OS.  How about 40 and 50?  Would that be better.  They both had a layoff.  As noted by another user....they ran into the same problem Michigan did against USC.  Too much speed for Smith to run around, so he had to sit, read and react.  As noted...Leak is a better QB than Smith.  Check my post before the game.
Oh...Monica!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »
Spoken like a true Big Ten apologist who doesn't understand that the finest college ball in America is played in the SEC.

how about the Big East owning the SEC last year when West Virginia beat Georgia in the sugar bowl 8)

E
E

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
how about the Big East owning the SEC last year when West Virginia beat Georgia in the sugar bowl 8)

E

that was a horrible game for GA fans. WV outplayed GA in the 1st half and then played a better 2nd. dont worry GA will be better next year. Look at the end of this year we killed Auburn at Auburn we beat GA tech and VT in our bowl game. all 3 top 20 teams I think that is a good sign for next year

edited for wrong team

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2007, 03:28:15 PM »
Still 30 days for FL and 50 days for OS.  How about 40 and 50?  Would that be better.  They both had a layoff.  As noted by another user....they ran into the same problem Michigan did against USC.  Too much speed for Smith to run around, so he had to sit, read and react.  As noted...Leak is a better QB than Smith.  Check my post before the game.

30 and 55 dipshit. That's almost 2x as long. If you're going to prove a point, make some fucking sense when you do it. Leak is a mediocre QB who has been on and off his entire career. His regular season was terrible. Florida barely escaped a trashy South Carolina team.

Talking to some of the people on this board is one of the dumbest and most mind-numbing experiences I've ever seen. It's pretty obvious they know jack shit about football.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2007, 04:25:06 PM »
30 and 55 dipshit. That's almost 2x as long. If you're going to prove a point, make some fucking sense when you do it. Leak is a mediocre QB who has been on and off his entire career. His regular season was terrible. Florida barely escaped a trashy South Carolina team.

Talking to some of the people on this board is one of the dumbest and most mind-numbing experiences I've ever seen. It's pretty obvious they know jack shit about football.

Desperate rationalizations because his team was crushed. As if it matters much more after being off several weeks. What an idiot.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2007, 04:39:09 PM »
Coach Tressel was just on TV (He has a weekly TV show in Central Ohio - Talk about provincial). Says Florida deserved then national championship. That's the final word from the Buckeyes. No one's talkin 55 days, or any excuses like that.

Then they played the school song (Carmen Ohio) while showing pictures of the graduating seniors on the team. I could have cried... That song gets to me every time...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2007, 04:39:31 PM »
Desperate rationalizations because his team was crushed. As if it matters much more after being off several weeks. What an idiot.

I hate Ohio State. And I picked Florida to win the day the matchup was announced long before all the clowns on this site came on claiming they knew all along Florida would win.  ::)
I'm just proving how utterly retarded some of you are. Now instead of acting like you know what football is Pumpster, go back to talking about your bowflex.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »
I hate Ohio State. And I picked Florida to win the day the matchup was announced long before all the clowns on this site came on claiming they knew all along Florida would win.  ::)
I'm just proving how utterly retarded some of you are. Now instead of acting like you know what football is Pumpster, go back to talking about your bowflex.

Why do you hate us so much?

You must also hate our troops, our nation, and our freedom...