Author Topic: DAVID HENRY SIGNS WITH WEIDER!!  (Read 3764 times)

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
Re: DAVID HENRY SIGNS WITH WEIDER!!
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 08:11:34 PM »
Have at it...what decisions do you feel were based on politics this yar and why?
bob chick ur a sissy u know they judge by who has the biggest bulge in there trunks on that day
i

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 08:15:19 PM »
bob chick ur a sissy u know they judge by who has the biggest bulge in there trunks on that day

Shit...if that was the case I'd be defending my Olympia  title 7 years running...! ;D

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 08:20:23 PM »
Actually, there is significant archaeological evidence to support the claim that mammoths buried their dead, and in addition, also buried humans.  So the mammoths didn't attack them.  But was that not the direction this topic was going?  Oops.

(slinks back to cubicle)

Fascinating. We should get together sometimes to discuss this more over sex.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 08:29:23 PM »
I won't say that Ronnie necessarily deserved to win in 2006, but you can't deny he won under similar circumstances before.  What was with all of Gunter's Olympia invites early in his career?  Further, your friend King is a good bodybuilder but other than in 2001, he got a few too many gifts.  Even in 2001 - why did he beat Vince Taylor and Gunter?  ???  The whole treatment of Lee in the PDI wasn't cool, although Lee has done and said negative things, but anyway, my point is that when subjective judgment is being used, there is bound to be politics.  Bodybuilding is no exception IMO.

There are plenty of decisions I don't agree with in BB...but are the politically influenced, or bad judging criteria/ decisions?

There has been nothing "political" about Lee and the PDI...he broke the rules, he was usspended (as the others were equally) as those before him were suspended.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 08:42:23 PM »
Sure, I would say some of the judging decisions are political.  With King it was more name recognition since he got his name out in the magazines so much.  It seems like the Mr. Olympia title (up until 2006) is given out to the reigning champ and not (necessarily) the best man of the day.

My point is...there is a difference is claiming certain outcomes were "political", and that maybe the decision should have gone a different way.

There have been MANY more cases where the "political" move would have been a different man winning than the one that did.

Flex Wheeler winning over Ronnie in the 98 O is a great example...heir to the throne...Ronnie was no one anybody even considered to be challenging for the title...

Gunter could have been pushed to the top...good looks, monster Weider contract, Joe's boy, spcial invites....No Olympia title.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 10:03:40 PM »
It absolutely does not help the industry to have the same guy winning year after year...If anything, it hurts it. Having different champions would help generate more interest, keep things fresh and make things generally more interesting... Jay should have beaten Ronnie back in 2002(?) I believe it was, as he was leading by 6 points going into the finals...ends up losing. The "political" move would have been to have Jay win, not Ronnie...just judges unwilling to give it to the better man that day for whatever reason.

amoney86

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 10:06:41 PM »
i think it was 2001, 2002 was there year alot of people think kevin should of won.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 02:45:42 AM »
Seriously what would bodybuilding be without all the rumors and conspiracies? :)