Author Topic: Inner chest  (Read 3945 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Inner chest
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 02:48:55 PM »
What he said. ;)

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 06:50:04 PM »
You have sternalcostal and clavicular heads( upper and lower) not outer and inner, so yes train the cest as a whole and all aspects of it will grow

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
You've just contradicted yourself by saying that an area can only be trained overall while also acknowledging "emphasis". It can't be both.

In effect, he and you are confusing one issue with another, something commonly done BTW. The thread wasn't about physiology and the structure of the muscle. The structure of a muscle has nothing to do with targeting different sections of it. This is confusing to some here and many elsewhere.
Off course you can emphasize a certain part, chest has got three parts,
pectoralis major sternal, clavicular and pectoralis minor.

They all are activated if your training, but by changing the corner you can emphasize a certain part.

The TS is talking about a cleavage at the sternum, that is genetically determed cause it has got nothing to do with the actual muscle but with the tendons. Short tendons, nice cleavage,
with shitty tendons you have to have a hell of a chest to compensate that.

Increase the size of your chest by using other methods like increasing your ROM, heavy cables, prefarably on a bench and/or dumbells.

Also bring down your fat and you will see you muscles and maybe have a nice cleavage.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2007, 04:28:14 AM »
I had a non-existant chest before i started working out. Then it started growing, but no upper chest. I fixed that, mostly doing incline presses and pullovers. Now the inner part is lacking seriously. Dips, pullover and mostly dumbbel inclines have been my thing.

Yesterday i concentrated on flyes (incline) , pec-deck and dumbbel incline, but at the top you turn your hands inside and try to squeeze.

Chest kinda feels different afterwards. I had a nice pump as well. I'll try working like this for a while and see how it goes.
$

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 07:15:48 AM »
By inner chest, what do you mean exactly?

If you want striations, just get low bodyfat. But doing things like static holds on cable crossovers will help bring those striations out more than normal. Also, wide grip chest focus on outer chest. Close grip if you want to squeeze your chest in a tight ball to create those striations.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 09:01:17 AM »
By inner chest, what do you mean exactly?

If you want striations, just get low bodyfat. But doing things like static holds on cable crossovers will help bring those striations out more than normal. Also, wide grip chest focus on outer chest. Close grip if you want to squeeze your chest in a tight ball to create those striations.

The central part of my chest, close to the sternum. Most of the muscle mass is on the outside of my chest.
$

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2007, 09:04:45 AM »
In your opinion do you think wider grip benches will help stretch and build the inner chest or should I go more narrow?  DO you think that flat flyes will also bulk up that area quickly?  I am thinking about keeping chest simple and doing a butt load of presses for a while, just flat and incline.

u can't work one part of the pec, its one muscle.  and you think flys build mass?  haha
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2007, 10:41:14 AM »
u can't work one part of the pec, its one muscle.  and you think flys build mass?  haha
I can accentuate a part of it with different angles and grips, just like any other muscle.  Flyes do build mass, ask Cutler or Strydom.
Squishy face retard

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2007, 10:59:03 AM »

Poll:
Someone comes to you and complains his/her UPPER chest is lagging.
As a personal trainer do you:
   a.) recommend decline presses
   b.) recommend incline presses
   c.) tell them "ha ha."

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2007, 11:14:36 AM »
I say incline.

But for inner chest there is no great answer, train hard and it comes with greater development.

My chest is good imo but efforts to grow my inner chest are useless, growth overlall has led to gains in this area.

However flat and incline is essential, this is just my experience so if you have had a differing experience then great

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2007, 07:31:46 AM »
Yes  ???

Heavy cables do build mass,
bigger rom, almost no help of the triceps and shoulders. Not the most ideal exercise but it helps. Cables have the advantage of no dead point.

SUPERDAD911

• Getbig II
  • Put limits on yourself, you limit your success.
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2007, 05:10:37 PM »
For your pec major sternal you need to do bench press (Decline or flat)

For your pec major clavicular ("upper" chest) its incline bench (40degree angle for me)

For your pec minor you need to do dips

True, different exercises build different areas, but if the area doesn’t exist then you can not build it. There is no "inner" chest, so you can not build that area. Your chest shape is purely genetic, but no one has an "inner" chest.
Sugar Free