Author Topic: Presa Canario OR Dogo Argentino  (Read 5824 times)

Drij

• Getbig IV
Presa Canario OR Dogo Argentino
« on: January 09, 2007, 05:20:54 PM »
favour the Presa Canario.

These dogs look fat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIWfvxq10Ko
Some girl said this:
Atenea79 (3 months ago)
Great example of modern Dogo Canario. It`s very different at traditional true Presa Canario.

How much of a difference is there in between American/Spanish bred dogs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85_auMpiyrE&mode=related&search=

body88

Re: Presa Canario OR Dogo Argentino
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 05:40:34 PM »
You need to do your research with the presa breed. They need a ton of room and are not for the novice dog owner. There are a lot of fake breeders out there also. This is the new it breed.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 05:56:35 PM »
I've had two dobermans M & F that I bought from Ukraine. They were military bred. I haven't had a dog in about 5 years.

Supposedly the female and three pups that I had left got put down. The pound stole my dogs. I wasn't at my house and I had the dogs outside. Some how the puppies got outside the fence and some neighbour complained that I had dogs "running wild". So the pound came and took the puppies and the female dog to (because they thought the puppies were still nursing, they weren't.) I went to pound to pick them up the same day. I got there 20 mintues before they closed Friday but they wouldn't release them to me they said come on monday. That was very shady to me. So I went on monday and then this stupid fuck said they put them down because they had some type of disease. And then I'm like well what about my dog then he's like she was diseased to. Never even said what it was or any documents showing they were put down. I know those dogs were fine the dogs had 6 puppies in total and still see those dogs and they are fine. My sister has the male.

body88

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 06:26:43 PM »
I've had two dobermans M & F that I bought from Ukraine. They were military bred. I haven't had a dog in about 5 years.

Supposedly the female and three pups that I had left got put down. The pound stole my dogs. I wasn't at my house and I had the dogs outside. Some how the puppies got outside the fence and some neighbour complained that I had dogs "running wild". So the pound came and took the puppies and the female dog to (because they thought the puppies were still nursing, they weren't.) I went to pound to pick them up the same day. I got there 20 mintues before they closed Friday but they wouldn't release them to me they said come on monday. That was very shady to me. So I went on monday and then this stupid f**k said they put them down because they had some type of disease. And then I'm like well what about my dog then he's like she was diseased to. Never even said what it was or any documents showing they were put down. I know those dogs were fine the dogs had 6 puppies in total and still see those dogs and they are fine. My sister has the male.

They never gave you a warning? They just took your dogs?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 06:44:46 PM »
favour the Presa Canario.

These dogs look fat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIWfvxq10Ko
Some girl said this:
How much of a difference is there in between American/Spanish bred dogs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85_auMpiyrE&mode=related&search=

Both dogs are big and are considered a real working dog. If your thinking about getting one you better be ready to put in alot of training or you will have a potentially big problem on your hands.

If you're just asking which is better,  I think the Dogo looks way cooler, but the Presa isn't too far behind.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 07:17:36 PM »
the only problems Ive ever heard from Dogo owners were typical problems that mainly white dogs seem to have more than other dogs. I couple that we walk our dog with have a 3 year old male Dogo name Hugo who has started to loose its eyesite and has become more aggressive. Ive also heard of another one that has lost its hearing but that could be from any number of reasons.  just 2  cents.

Some americanized Presa's tend to have a slightly hound dogish look to them. They are far from the breeds standard and their is a lot of blood mixing with pits to make them more game.  Like 88 said if you really want a dog like that do some research.  My advise dont get a large/ dangerous breed unless you are an experienced handler with the means to care for a dog of that nature. Oh, when I said dangerous i didn't mean more liable to bite I just ment that if they do bite someone its going to be 100X worse than a poodle
X

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 07:26:46 PM »
the only problems Ive ever heard from Dogo owners were typical problems that mainly white dogs seem to have more than other dogs. I couple that we walk our dog with have a 3 year old male Dogo name Hugo who has started to loose its eyesite and has become more aggressive. Ive also heard of another one that has lost its hearing but that could be from any number of reasons.  just 2  cents.

Some americanized Presa's tend to have a slightly hound dogish look to them. They are far from the breeds standard and their is a lot of blood mixing with pits to make them more game.  Like 88 said if you really want a dog like that do some research.  My advise dont get a large/ dangerous breed unless you are an experienced handler with the means to care for a dog of that nature. Oh, when I said dangerous i didn't mean more liable to bite I just ment that if they do bite someone its going to be 100X worse than a poodle

never heard of that before, how does it's pigmentation affect it's vision etc.?

I'm sure I could handle this type of dog, I have no concerns, plus it will be properly socialized

body88

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 08:00:47 PM »

I'm sure I could handle this type of dog, I have no concerns, plus it will be properly socialized

I do not know a ton about dogo's. If you look into American bulldogs or pits let me know. I did look at dogos briefly when I was looking for a pup. But, I could not find a reliable breeder near me.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 08:13:45 PM »
They serve dogo's in Tijuana.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 05:59:23 AM »

Drij I  honestly dont know but dogs that are totally white tend to have more hearing and vision problems than other dogs. Just some food for thought.

Also even dogs with the best early socialization can still be nasty at times. My dog trys to take a chomp out of just about any dog thats bigger than him and we had him at the dog park when he was 9 weeks- go figure!
X

body88

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 07:05:08 AM »

This guy is a good breeder for presa's. Sold pups to Shannon sharp, vick etc etc.http://www.sanderskennels.com/PresaMales.htm

Research is your best friend with these dogs. They are the new it breed. I would be skeptical of anything that looked less then a first rate operation. Or any breeder without a waiting list.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 11:01:09 AM »
Also even dogs with the best early socialization can still be nasty at times. My dog trys to take a chomp out of just about any dog thats bigger than him and we had him at the dog park when he was 9 weeks- go figure!

It's better off to not get a dog.  ;)

Wasn't that Roc Shabazz at Sanders Kennel?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 12:08:06 PM »
Very scary!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 02:47:43 PM »
I like South African Boerbels myself. 

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 08:39:27 PM »
I like both breeds, but from the research i have done, presas are not a breed for even experienced owners.  You need to really know dog training to own a Presa, and even then they can be a handful.  dogos are bred to be family dogs as well as hunters (pack hunters at that, they are not supposed to be dog aggressive), but not gaurd/watch dogs.  presas are gaurd/watch dogs, and therein lies the difference.  I have a ton of dog experience, i'm on my way to being a certified trainer, and i really don't think owning a Presa is a great idea unless you live somewhere where you have a lot of land.  I don't think they are bad dogs by any means, i think they are great, but they are a handful and a half.  Dogos are pretty chill, natural heelers and take to orders/training very well.

body88

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 08:45:12 PM »
I like both breeds, but from the research i have done, presas are not a breed for even experienced owners.  You need to really know dog training to own a Presa, and even then they can be a handful.  dogos are bred to be family dogs as well as hunters (pack hunters at that, they are not supposed to be dog aggressive), but not gaurd/watch dogs.  presas are gaurd/watch dogs, and therein lies the difference.  I have a ton of dog experience, i'm on my way to being a certified trainer, and i really don't think owning a Presa is a great idea unless you live somewhere where you have a lot of land.  I don't think they are bad dogs by any means, i think they are great, but they are a handful and a half.  Dogos are pretty chill, natural heelers and take to orders/training very well.

Agreed.....

Presa Canario

• Getbig I
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 09:11:20 AM »

i mostly agree with this but i have been all about presas for over 6 years and i now just live in an apartment... and i have another one comming.

you really need to know what your doing if you want a presa or there will be alot of trouble and probably blood shed. there is no dog on the planet that can "turn on" like a presa can, 1 second they are all loving and all over you and the next second someone has got to close to you and is now on the floor missing an arm... they are really people agressive with strangers and EXTREMELY agressive with any other dog and animal apart from "sometimes" they are ok with females.

these dogs are NOT for the novice as you say. but if you get a FAKE bred one then you will be fine or if its teh looks you like then pick up a dogo canaraio.. its the show bred presa (ruined).

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 07:36:43 AM »
Why not get a Jack Russel? They seem social.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 08:43:58 AM »

-Hedge

Actually...of all dogs that I know of...they require a lot of work & a large back yard.  They can be extremely hyper dogs if they are not exercised regularly.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 08:49:08 AM »

-Hedge

Goddamnit....you got allot to learn about dogs... :o
Jack russels are most of the time stupid little biting retards which walk on their front legs only.. :-\
?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 01:15:38 PM »
Get an Italian greyhound or something and not one of the above mentioned beasts! Atleast when a toy breed tries to bite I can just kick it away..  ;D