Author Topic: Charlie Weis and the Giants.  (Read 4595 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Charlie Weis and the Giants.
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2007, 02:40:44 AM »
Ur just hoping that they're in decline...As long as the holy trinity is still in Foxborough we're fine.
L

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 04:29:49 AM »
Tom Coughlin just got a 1yr extesion to 2008.

Hope this helps.
I

body88

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 05:56:54 AM »
This having no business winning the '01 Super Bowl cracks me up. You make it out like you were one of the worst teams in the NFL. Guess what, you WON THE AFC. You were a very good team that had a mediocre regular season and ended up playing a Rams team that was already heading into its decline but was still the best team in the league. Teams play above and below their potential in the playoffs and super bowl. Do me a favor and stop talking about '01, no one fucking cares anymore outside of Boston. I could go on about the Yankees in the 90's who were much more dominant than the Pats but it doesn't mean shit. Fact of the matter is that over the last 2 years the Pats have been declining. I suspect they'll probably be worse next year and I'm predicting the Jets to win the division.

Bezerk you make some good points in this post. But, to say the patriots are going downhill is wrong. Going down hill from what? Winning superbowls? You expect a great football team to win the superbowl ever year to be great? Indy has never won ANYTHING and you consider them a great team. The patriots owned them anytime it mattered and they wont he rings. The colts also had a early exit in the playoffs last year. You rip on the pats for winning the division and getting bounced in the first round. Yet, do not say a word about the colts ::) The funny part about that is, the colts have never gotten it done when it counted. With ALL the talent in the world.

You claim the pats are going backward. They win there 3rd superbowl in 04. The next year they win the division and make it to the playoffs. This year they battle through injury, win the division and make it to the second round of the playoffs. How is that a decline from last year? Since they did not win the superbowl these last two years they are no good?

You also claim the pats will regress next year. All that cap space they have allowed them to sign key defensive/offensive players and the entire team will be the same. The patriots have the best defensive line in football. That is a fact. You also know the pats have played without Wilson and Harrison this year. Chad Scott has also been playing all year wit a broken wrist. Asanti Samuel has emerged as one of the best corners in football. The guy has 11 picks. He was tied with Champ all season for most picks in the NFL. The patriots are 13 - 4 with the entire starting secondary out. They also have 2 first round draft picks to play with. That and the big free agency market this year will assure they get a top receiver finally.You suspect the pats will be wrose next year? Provide the reason's why. You obviously are making that statment with little to no knowledge about patriots players and contract situations. If you had this knowledge you would know that statement it false.

Just admit you hate the patriots. Admit you talk trash about them because you are jealous of there success. You claim they regress since they have not won the last 2 superbowls? Yet, the NY Giants cannot even get to a superbowl let alone win one. Hell, when is the last time they won anything? They cannot even get to the second round of the playoff's in the NFC! Yet, you rip on the pats. We all know you discredit any achievement done by a team you do not like. But, when a team you are a fan of does something you give them all the credit, lol.

Btw, I would like to make a 100 dollar bet with you the pats win the division next year :) Money can be sent to 240 via paypal.

body88

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 06:10:31 AM »
Btw, the yankees argument holds no water. The Yankees have not won a world championship in a decade. With a massive advantage over every single team in baseball. There is also no salary cap in baseball. It is much easier to build a dynasty then in football. You would have a point if there was no cap in football and the pats had an unfair advantage over the rest of the teams in the NFL. They had neither. The Yankees have always had the most money and the best players.

The pats won there last superbowl 2 years ago. Of course we talk about it. They are still in the playoff hunt after 6 years. After all those rings. Do you know how hard that is to do? Remain competitive after winning so many superbowls. The only reason " you don't care" is because your team did not do it! You can bet you would be talking trash if the Giants had a resume like the pats.

I love the fact you ignore the pats win 3 out of 5 superbowls, 5 straight divsion titles and are still making the playoffs year after year. This is the salary cap era. Please find me one team that has done anything comparable to this. The old dynasty's do not count because there was no cap then. You rip on them yet love teams like the colts. They have never won anything, and where bounced early in the playoffs last year. With more talent! The NFL is designed to prevent dynasty's.

You are not fair with your criticism and it is obvious it comes from hate and jealousy, not fact. I mean really, a NYG fan ripping on the 13 and 4 pats. That is like a retard ripping on a scientist.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 11:14:59 AM »
Shockey may have an eccentric personality, but I don't think it's harmful to the team in any way. Burres is another case because it's lack of effort on his part, but the guy is just too good to get rid of imo. The o-line and d-line are what need fixing because they were responsible for most of the penalties and overall undisciplined play. I will miss Tiki, but I think he was in decline anyways and it's now time for him to go and take up a TV career. Besides, the Giants have Jacobs and he had his moments during the season where he showed that he was more than ready to take up Tiki's place.

Tiki was in a decline?  Do you even watch NFL games? Apparently not.

The giants problem is simple, they need to understand being the brother of a great NFL QB does not make you a great NFL QB.  ELI MANNING IS A COMPLETE JOKE!  I think he is actually autistic like RAIN MAN!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

body88

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 11:19:37 AM »

The giants problem is simple, they need to understand being the brother of a great NFL QB does not make you a great NFL QB.  ELI MANNING IS A COMPLETE JOKE!  I think he is actually autistic like RAIN MAN!

Tiki was a beast.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 11:57:27 AM »

Better to go out, then to be forced out, jackass. Why would Tiki retire? I think he knew he was on a steady decline, otherwise he wouldn't walk away.

Manning IS NOT THE PROBLEM. If you watched the games you'd know that he actually plays his best ball under the most adverse of conditions in the fourth quarter. You obviously have something against Eli, that's why you are talking shit. Eli can't make the o-line disciplined, nor can he tackle.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 11:58:07 AM »
Better to go out, then to be forced out, jackass. Why would Tiki retire? I think he knew he was on a steady decline, otherwise he wouldn't walk away.

Manning IS NOT THE PROBLEM. If you watched the games you'd know that he actually plays his best ball under the most adverse of conditions in the fourth quarter. You obviously have something against Eli, that's why you are talking shit. Eli can't make the o-line disciplined, nor can he tackle.

He's a pedophile and they are much bigger problems than Eli on that team.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »

Have to disagree-Manning's definitely part of the problem; maybe with a different QB coach it can be ironed out but he hasn't constently stepped up.

Tiki wasn't declining but said the punishment was severe, which makes sense. Personally i think the team's actually better off without him, because he was one of the loudmouths who created divisiveness on the team-don't announce your retirement at mid-season dumbass! Wait until after the last game!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 12:05:51 PM »

Tiki wasn't declining but said the punishment was severe, which makes sense. Personally i think the team's actually better off without him, because he was one of the loudmouths who created divisiveness on the team-don't announce your retirement at mid-season dumbass! Wait until after the last game!

I agree, him busting out with the news of retirement was a distraction to the team.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »
Tom Coughlin just got a 1yr extesion to 2008.

Hope this helps.

yep, whoever thought?
 January 11, 2007 -- They are either clueless and in denial or else visionaries who see beyond the obvious. Time will tell what the Giants co-owners wrought yesterday by standing by their man.

"Tom Coughlin is our coach for 2007 and hopefully for many years after that," John Mara proclaimed yesterday.

"In all of my discussions, and our discussions with the players, it's my sense that they are craving the stability that is now afforded by the coach's remaining," added Jonathan Tisch, the team's treasurer.

So there it is. Three days after the Giants ended an 8-8 season with a 23-20 playoff loss to the Eagles, the official word is that Coughlin will not be fired. Instead, he received a one-year contract extension through the 2008 season. Many fans will be outraged by this and more than a few Giants players may be wincing at this very moment, but Mara insisted "We remain convinced that he is the right man for the job."

Some of the players would disagree.

"Guys are so sick of hearing him yapping all the time," one starting player who asked not to be identified - he expects to be back next season - yesterday told The Post. "You watch film, a guy gets beat and he yells 'We can't have that!' Like a whiny baby."

The not-so-hidden message contained in the modest one-year extension might as well be up on a billboard: Coughlin, 25-23 in his three years with the Giants and 0-2 in the playoffs, next year is coaching for his job.

Coughlin said he wished the owners did not disclose the length of the extension. "That's something to me is a private matter when you start talking about contract," he said, and added he was "never really worried" about his job security.

Mara and Tisch met with Coughlin this past Monday and Tuesday, explaining they did not demand anything but wanting to hear a detailed plan for improvement.

"He did not have to save his job; he did not have to talk us into anything," Tisch said.

Obviously, Coughlin was smart enough to promise changes in his coaching staff. The two areas of greatest concern, in Mara's view, are the development of Eli Manning and the inability of the defense to come up with enough plays. Connect the dots and it's likely in the coming days defensive coordinator Tim Lewis will be dismissed, along with several other assistants. Kevin Gilbride, who replaced the banished John Hufnagel as offensive coordinator, will be retained.

Lewis yesterday was interviewed by Miami owner Wayne Huizenga for the vacant Dolphins head-coaching job.

As for the search for a new general manager to replace the retiring Ernie Accorsi, Mara promised a decision shortly. He seemed to squelch speculation that even though Scott Pioli of the Patriots declined an interview request, he could emerge as a candidate after New England's season is done. "I would be surprised if it took until the end of the playoffs," Mara said. "I hope to have a decision much sooner than that."

Jerry Reese, the director of player personnel, remains the favorite to fill the GM job.

As for the fans - many of whom chanted "Fire Coughlin" in the 30-7 loss to the Saints in the low moment of the season - Mara said he's aware of the discontent.

"I'm certainly sensitive to what the fans think," Mara said, "but at the end of the day you can't make decisions based on what the fans' sentiment is at that time."

While ownership has mild concerns about Coughlin's comportment, sideline behavior and relationship with his players and the media, none of these issues threatened to cost him his job. There were no demands that he become kinder and gentler.

"Tom has been around awhile ... he is 60 years old, or whatever, so I'm not anticipating any major changes," Mara said. "The only change that I want to see is us win more games."

The image of the Giants as dysfunctional, fractured and undisciplined is not a vision shared by ownership.

"There is this notion out there that [Coughlin] lost the locker room, that there is a mutiny going on down there," Mara said. "That is absolutely not the case. And I think if you talk to the players who are down there, including the leaders on this team, I think they will certainly dispute that. And particularly the ones that have guts to be identified."

6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 06:59:32 AM »
I honestly don't think Tom is the problem but the team, they just haven't ever seemed to accepted him and the whole team hasn't really changed since before he was there. What they need to do is stop bitching and whining themselves cause they are the ones fucking up not the coach, I mean really how many plays have they completely blown, they are not a real team but just excuse makers. IMO they should drop Manning and get a real QB, if they do that and follow the coach without question they could be Super Bowl champs.
I

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2007, 07:34:08 AM »
Stop hating on Manning, fuckers.

body88

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2007, 07:37:01 AM »
Stop hating on Manning, fuckers.

Camal, no one is hating. Manning has brought the criticism on himself. There can be a legit argument made to replace him at the qb position. That is not something I would agree with, but it is there.

No offense.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2007, 07:47:49 AM »
He's played his best ball in adverse conditions, such as in the second game in the season vs philly. Like I've pointed out, the team in general was lacking in discipline and didn't make plays in timely fashion. However, one of few that did was Eli and Burres. I dunno how people can be dumb enough to question those two about their return.

The biggest problems were the o and dlines. They were responsible for the burnt of blunders, such as penalties, missed tackles and JUST A COMPLETE LACK OF PLAY MAKING.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2007, 04:06:02 PM »
I think the Giants should rehire RAY HANDLEY! ;)
The House that Ruth built

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2008, 08:38:47 AM »
My,my,my how fast things change :D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 10:50:45 AM »