Author Topic: Why watching Bodybuilding sucks. A short essay.  (Read 14971 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: Why watching Bodybuilding sucks. A short essay.
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2007, 03:57:47 PM »
hahaha im happy you care about me and want me to learn...
I'm here to help.  Just think, on the next essay you write for a job interview, you'll get a few more words correct.
N

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2007, 04:02:58 PM »
Bodybuilding is a "sport" based on drug use.  Please don't rationalize your drug use with comments on how every sport uses steroids.  Pro bodybuilding is 100% drug use. It's not only 100% steroids but a chemical experiment gone insane.  The public knows this and they are not interested in cosmetic athletes posing in their underwear.  That's why you can find billiards on ESPN but not bodybuilding.  A lot of the juicers on this site probably think the public is in awe of their temporary drug muscles but they are laughing at them.  They know how you got that synthetic cosmetic physique.

Strict testing and maybe adding an athletic component to a contest would be a step in the right direction.  In the old AAU Mr. America days you had to Olympic lift for athletic points.  You would get points deducted for not being able to lift as much as your competitor.  I like the previously stated idea of maybe a strong man type comp prior to the posing round. Maybe it could be done the day before the contest on film and edited for viewing before the posing round.  Imagine some of the current champs doing a farmers walk with a heavy weight.  It would be comical to see their super hero physiques show their true lack of function.  The current champs would have to radically change their training because I doubt any of them could slow jog a mile.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2007, 04:18:33 PM »
Bodybuilding is a "sport" based on drug use.  Please don't rationalize your drug use with comments on how every sport uses steroids.  Pro bodybuilding is 100% drug use. It's not only 100% steroids but a chemical experiment gone insane.  The public knows this and they are not interested in cosmetic athletes posing in their underwear.  That's why you can find billiards on ESPN but not bodybuilding.  A lot of the juicers on this site probably think the public is in awe of their temporary drug muscles but they are laughing at them.  They know how you got that synthetic cosmetic physique.

Strict testing and maybe adding an athletic component to a contest would be a step in the right direction.  In the old AAU Mr. America days you had to Olympic lift for athletic points.  You would get points deducted for not being able to lift as much as your competitor.  I like the previously stated idea of maybe a strong man type comp prior to the posing round. Maybe it could be done the day before the contest on film and edited for viewing before the posing round.  Imagine some of the current champs doing a farmers walk with a heavy weight.  It would be comical to see their super hero physiques show their true lack of function.  The current champs would have to radically change their training because I doubt any of them could slow jog a mile.

Isn't it a bit hard to do in contest shape, all dehydrated and dieted down, etc?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »
Isn't it a bit hard to do in contest shape, all dehydrated and dieted down, etc?

That's exactly my point.  It isn't healthy to be dehydrated and dieted down to where the body can't function.  Function first and cosmetics last.  Let function dictate form. 

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »
buysexual is when you sell yourself for sex  ;D

wtf is trysexual...is it like when you cant get your cock up? or when vagina is full of concrete?

Trysexual is you'll try anything once! ;)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2007, 05:17:34 PM »
That's exactly my point.  It isn't healthy to be dehydrated and dieted down to where the body can't function.  Function first and cosmetics last.  Let function dictate form. 

Then bodybuilding as we know it would cease to exist... It would be a combination of bbing and strongman... Forget the pros for a sec, let's look at the npc... Of all the tons of guys who compete in the npc, how many do you think are capable of feats of strength that would merit making a show about, all those bantamweights and lightweights who look like they train with dumbbells no heavier than 30 lbs...

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2007, 06:18:21 PM »
Megameltdown.
My self - Myself
pice - piece
your - you're (for you are) I've done this myself sometimes, just trying to piece together my sentence
I can understand some spelling errors, but "pice"?
At first I let it go and thought it was a typing error, until it was made the 2nd time.
Frightening! ahah ;D

"PICE" which is a subunit of currency used in southern asia.....So he called you a half/cent....!!! ;)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »

"PICE" which is a subunit of currency used in southern asia.....So he called you a half/cent....!!! ;)

OMG Spotter posted!!!!

How's the DA phone-in campaign going?

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2007, 08:14:07 PM »
If bodybuilding shows, mags, dvds, expos, etc. are so gay then quit wasting your time, money, and effort on watching, reading, viewing and attending those things.  You don't have to buy into everything the industry has to offer.  What's gay is the fact that this post was even started.  Quit bitching.......and enjoy one of the few individual hobbies life has to offer.
I

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2007, 08:17:52 PM »
I agree with you Donkey good speach!
just push some weight!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2007, 10:34:55 PM »
I agree with you Donkey good speach!

haha how often do you post pics of you in your underwear with pouty lips, not to mention that embarrassing video on youtube of you "posing" :-X

E
E

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2007, 10:50:29 PM »
A lot of my friends who don't follow bodybuilding think I am gay because I have 100+ bodybuilding DVDs.  :-\  To be honest, I don't blame them, but I am as straight as a person can be on scales of sexual orientation, and I'm a very open person and liberal in the sense that I wouldn't hide private affairs of that nature.  But I can totally understand why some of my friends think I'm gay.  :-X

I guess being a connoisseur of cunnilingus doesn't redeem myself either. ;D

I've been through a scenario similar to the one you mentioned. A guy saw posters of Bill Pearl and Sergio Oliva (which I got from IronMan magazine) on the wall of my dorm room in college. While half-asleep, I heard him tell my roommate that having those posters was "gay". I guess he didn't see the picture of Tonia (the girl I was dating at the time) in plain site, next to my TV.

I don't have a lot of DVDs. Most of my bodybuilding media is free sample VHS tapes I got, when purchasing supplements such as:

- "Up Close with the Mega Mass Champions" and "Muscle & Fitness Workout Preview", both of which I got inside those 12-lb. bags of Mega Mass 2000

- "Mass Building and Training Program", which came with the Lee Haney's Mass Fuel Kit by Twinlab.

Others are bodybuilding shows, recorded off TV, like:

- Episodes of American Muscle from 1991, 1994, and one from 1995 that I can't seem to find (may still be at my mother's house).

- Episodes of WBF BodyStars from 1992.

- Footage from the 1991 WBF Championship, shown on WWF Superstars one week after the show took place.

- The 1992 WBF Championship (bought it on PPV and recorded it)

- The 1993 Mr. Olympia (or at least, the chopped-up version from ESPN).

The DVDs I do have are of "Pumping Iron: 25th Anniversary Edition" that my wife got for me. And the ones that from MuscleTech that came with the jug of CELL-TECH I got almost two years ago.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2007, 12:16:14 AM »
haha how often do you post pics of you in your underwear with pouty lips, not to mention that embarrassing video on youtube of you "posing" :-X

E
haha correct..alexxx makes tons of threads about bodybuilders and then he agrees with the fact that bodybuilding is gay.he is is the only guy on this board who is actually a fag.he posts stupid posts of his claiming that he is the next 'arnold','future mr olympia' etc.posts pic of himself that looks he gets raped everyday by big black 'muscle bears,he talks about arnold more than anyone on this board..alexx your gayer than baygbm
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2007, 12:38:46 AM »

I've been through a scenario similar to the one you mentioned. A guy saw posters of Bill Pearl and Sergio Oliva (which I got from IronMan magazine) on the wall of my dorm room in college. While half-asleep, I heard him tell my roommate that having those posters was "gay". I guess he didn't see the picture of Tonia (the girl I was dating at the time) in plain site, next to my TV.

I don't have a lot of DVDs. Most of my bodybuilding media is free sample VHS tapes I got, when purchasing supplements such as:

- "Up Close with the Mega Mass Champions" and "Muscle & Fitness Workout Preview", both of which I got inside those 12-lb. bags of Mega Mass 2000

- "Mass Building and Training Program", which came with the Lee Haney's Mass Fuel Kit by Twinlab.

Others are bodybuilding shows, recorded off TV, like:

- Episodes of American Muscle from 1991, 1994, and one from 1995 that I can't seem to find (may still be at my mother's house).

- Episodes of WBF BodyStars from 1992.

- Footage from the 1991 WBF Championship, shown on WWF Superstars one week after the show took place.

- The 1992 WBF Championship (bought it on PPV and recorded it)

- The 1993 Mr. Olympia (or at least, the chopped-up version from ESPN).

The DVDs I do have are of "Pumping Iron: 25th Anniversary Edition" that my wife got for me. And the ones that from MuscleTech that came with the jug of CELL-TECH I got almost two years ago.

Epic post of contrition.   

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2007, 02:20:35 AM »
Bodybuilding is a "sport" based on drug use.  Please don't rationalize your drug use with comments on how every sport uses steroids.  Pro bodybuilding is 100% drug use. It's not only 100% steroids but a chemical experiment gone insane.  The public knows this and they are not interested in cosmetic athletes posing in their underwear.  That's why you can find billiards on ESPN but not bodybuilding.  A lot of the juicers on this site probably think the public is in awe of their temporary drug muscles but they are laughing at them.  They know how you got that synthetic cosmetic physique.

Strict testing and maybe adding an athletic component to a contest would be a step in the right direction.  In the old AAU Mr. America days you had to Olympic lift for athletic points.  You would get points deducted for not being able to lift as much as your competitor.  I like the previously stated idea of maybe a strong man type comp prior to the posing round. Maybe it could be done the day before the contest on film and edited for viewing before the posing round.  Imagine some of the current champs doing a farmers walk with a heavy weight.  It would be comical to see their super hero physiques show their true lack of function.  The current champs would have to radically change their training because I doubt any of them could slow jog a mile.
You think like me. Please read my posts on this thread, I basically gave the same example, using Grimmek. But people here don't discuss REAL issues, instead they diss on each others. BBing must develop, it can really become a super sport, probably "Power-bodybuilding". A mix of BBing and WSM.
S

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2007, 05:15:37 AM »
Again, some people did not understand what i was writing.

Building your body IS NOT gay. If, for example, Matt Duvall poses with a pet doggy for a picture, i wouldn't say he is gay, but the guys sitting there getting a hard on staring at his arms and chest are gay.

Like i said, doing the sport of bodybuilding is tgreat, also lurking around internet boards, discussing IFBB politics, drug use, nutrition and the likes doesn't miracuously make you gay, even watching one or the other contest, workout DVD or magazine doesn't make you gay, yet it has some gay tendencies.

But muscle worshipping, travelling miles and miles to touch Ronnies biceps or shit like that is extremly gay.
The constant meltdowns of some persons here show me that i am right, because it's just their own insecurity issues regarding their own sexual orientation and the fact that they themselves think that WATCHING bodybuilding is gay causes these meltdowns.

IFBB = biggest homoerotics production company in the world.  ;)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2007, 05:21:39 AM »
Matt Duvall taking a picture with a Dumbell in one hand, and the other hand holding a fcuking poodle. ;D ;D
What's next? a naked bodybuilder sitting on top of a Horse without saddle? hahaha..I bet that pic is somewhere already ;D
Get Big, or Die Trying

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2007, 05:31:47 AM »
Matt Duvall taking a picture with a Dumbell in one hand, and the other hand holding a fcuking poodle. ;D ;D
What's next? a naked bodybuilder sitting on top of a Horse without saddle? hahaha..I bet that pic is somewhere already ;D

Yes, but him posing this way means there is a market for this shit!

Who the hell PAYS for a magazine to see Matt Duvall holding a fucking poodle? Or Jay dressing in hot pants with boots and a ripped shirt while lifting weights?
Watching this stuff is as gay as a pink shirt with grey suits and brown shoes.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2007, 05:42:33 AM »
Yes, but him posing this way means there is a market for this shit!

Who the hell PAYS for a magazine to see Matt Duvall holding a fucking poodle? Or Jay dressing in hot pants with boots and a ripped shirt while lifting weights?
Watching this stuff is as gay as a pink shirt with grey suits and brown shoes.

you do have a good point here. there is a market (queer population) outthere that digs those pictures, calendars.etc, and it's in high demand ;D ;D ;D
Get Big, or Die Trying

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2007, 06:15:58 AM »
Let's go JETS!!!!
haha
Yeah, I could honestly care less as to who wins the next 50 Super Bowls or World Series or the Stanley Cup.  At the end of the day, you'll have the same life.  If Steve Young throws 5 TD passes over the weekend (who is retired now), you will still make the same amount of money and be fucking the same hand.  And the thought of wearing some guys jersey around like you're his "Biggest Fan" is completely gay.  If you couldn't drink while watching football or bet on the game, the ratings would be cut by 80%.  On top of that, these sports never evolve.  It's the same thing over and over.  And I won't even speak of the mandatory celebrations after a routine tackle.  You'd think they won the Super Bowl every play.  G A Y, gay.  ahah

yes used to be a sports fan as a kid...but i couldnt care less nowdays...only thing i watch is K1 and some martial arts. I prefer reading a book instead.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2007, 06:17:17 AM »
yes used to be a sports fan as a kid...but i couldnt care less nowdays...only thing i watch is K1 and some martial arts. I prefer reading a book instead.

Now you can never stop emphasizing how much fun reading is.  ;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2007, 06:17:38 AM »
Trysexual is you'll try anything once! ;)

thats a slut  ;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2007, 06:20:01 AM »
Now you can never stop emphasizing how much fun reading is.  ;D

reading is mucho fun specially as you get a blowjob at the same time

knowledge and pleasure

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2007, 06:24:50 AM »
reading is mucho fun specially as you get a blowjob at the same time

knowledge and pleasure

lol

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2007, 09:25:39 AM »
Donkey you pice of shit your a moron I my self have a girlfriend and im pretty sure most builders have girlfriends or wifes and they still bodybuild. f**k you donkey once again people like you are complete morons who they themselves are GAY and cant realize that shit... Admit it you pice of shit your gay... leave us alone and take your gayness some where else....

Whow, haha.