Author Topic: NFL players compared with pasty Rugby louts from Europe  (Read 6885 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
NFL players compared with pasty Rugby louts from Europe
« on: January 11, 2007, 04:38:35 PM »
Do the Rugby players even work out?

Or would they be pancaked right off the bat?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: NFL vs. Rugby...how would the pasty white louts from Europe do?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 04:40:34 PM »
Sorry, I don't get it.

It's a pity that rugby isn't a bigger sport in the USA. Ohio State's rugby team hardly ever gets mentioned, yet there are some big strong freaky mofos on that team!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 04:42:54 PM »
How's this for a comparison?

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
Re: NFL players compared with pasty Rugby louts from Europe
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 10:26:47 AM »
Well Pumpster I have played rugby at a high level myself and I can tell you weight training sessions happen little as part of training.

2 sessions per week max that would typixally 40%-50% max weights do bench power cleans deads maybe stuff like that etc.

The bulk of their training is done on the training field, technique is heavily scrutinised, positioning is of total importance.

Simply put being an athlete purely will not allow you to make it to the top in Rugby. You have to have huge co-ordination levels and imperious technique to  be a top level player.

Yes they look like shit compared to our US counterparts but it is a brutal game and with an aspect on all 15 players being able to play in almost any position as the game flows more there isless emphasis on conditioning in the gym.

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 11:25:43 AM »
NFL players are probably bigger.
But it's a well-known fact that they can't take a piss without the right pills.

Overall, rugby players are more athletes. And some of them are still pretty impressive imo.
Wouldn't want to fuck with them.
$

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:37:58 AM »
Rugby is the toughest team sport in the world. The punishment their bodies take is ridiculous. Top players sometimes have as many as TWO games a week. The emphasis is on speed and explosive power - not being a musclebound fairy in a suit of armour ::)

body88

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 11:42:50 AM »
Suit of armour? I would love to see a rugby player go across the middle in the nfl. Dead in 3 seconds.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »
What ever happened to that one Rugby player that got offered a NFL contract?

It was a thread back in May.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 11:56:45 AM »
Suit of armour? I would love to see a rugby player go across the middle in the nfl. Dead in 3 seconds.

they are drug tested all the time they are not on antwhere near the drugs NFL players are on!

I cannot believe i need to go into this is it not obvious???

And Body88 the fastest rugby players are of equal speed in general, but they also have many many more attributes, cause they cannot be a one trick pony!!

speed is not everything skill is as if not more important in rugby!!!

ta ta

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 12:48:28 PM »
so there are 15 players on a rugby team..

Dude give me 7 linebackers, 4 fullbacks and 4 big tailbacks from the nfl...would dominate any rugby team.

Riley

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, You yanks have to watch a State of Origin game. No NFL player would be able to play a full 80 minutes. Then back up and play another game 2 days later.

body88

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 06:37:41 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, You yanks have to watch a State of Origin game. No NFL player would be able to play a full 80 minutes. Then back up and play another game 2 days later.

I am sure none of the clearly superior rugby guys want to come over and dominate the NFL. Not only would they make tens of millions of dollars. They would be famous and treated like gods. Weird?

Riley

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 07:16:07 PM »

I am sure none of the clearly superior rugby guys want to come over and dominate the NFL. Not only would they make tens of millions of dollars. They would be famous and treated like gods. Weird?

Probably not mate, and NFL fans must realise that it is a very tough sport to play and the reason why Rugby players in general are smaller in the build is because they have to run around for 80 minutes. At the end of the day though these are both very different sports like any other sport you have to be playing for years to be playing at the highest level.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 11:04:57 AM »

I would doubt many rugby players could go over and be successful at NFL, but I doubt many NFL guys could come over and be successful at rugby.  A rugby guy could come over as a kicker to NFL but that would be about it...maybe a fast NFL guy could play wing or fullback but I doubt it.  For both sports there are completely different skill set and too many laws to learn. 

Hell, even players crossing over from rugby league to rugby union and vice versa can struggle to be successful at the new code they play especially going from league to union because of the complexities of the game.   

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 11:05:45 AM »
How's this for a comparison?

The guy in your picture isn't from Europe, he is a New Zealander  :D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 11:08:31 AM »

Rugby players get more action, but even the ugliest NFL groupie skank is hotter than the average ho-bag being plucked by a rugby player.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 11:14:58 AM »
Rugby players get more action, but even the ugliest NFL groupie skank is hotter than the average ho-bag being plucked by a rugby player.

When most rugby players look like this, what do you expect?

body88

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 11:48:09 AM »
I would doubt many rugby players could go over and be successful at NFL, but I doubt many NFL guys could come over and be successful at rugby.  A rugby guy could come over as a kicker to NFL but that would be about it...maybe a fast NFL guy could play wing or fullback but I doubt it.  For both sports there are completely different skill set and too many laws to learn. 

Hell, even players crossing over from rugby league to rugby union and vice versa can struggle to be successful at the new code they play especially going from league to union because of the complexities of the game.   
I agree, not taking anything away from rugby players. But, they would last about 1 second in the nfl.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 12:02:35 PM »

You've obviously never seen Julia Carling..

Jason Robinsons missus is a looker too

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 12:17:07 PM »
I agree, not taking anything away from rugby players. But, they would last about 1 second in the nfl.

By the same token most NFL players would lack the skills to play Rugby

They are two different sports with some similarities, differing attributes etc

ta ta

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 12:32:41 PM »
Yeah man, rugby players are definetely superior athletes. I mean, who wouldn't want to make 1/10 of what the great NFL players make in endorsements and contracts.  ::)

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 01:55:45 PM »

Totally agree. 

Strongest guy in English rugby is a guy called Andrew Sheridan, 6'5 about 20 stone (280 lbs). He is reported to bench about 215 kilos (474lbs). Don't think that would be too impressive in terms of NFL but you got to remember this guy has to play rugby for 80 mins with only a 10 min break at half time.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 02:19:35 PM »
Yeah man, rugby players are definetely superior athletes. I mean, who wouldn't want to make 1/10 of what the great NFL players make in endorsements and contracts.  ::)

It's a different sport. And unless you grow up playing it, you'll probably won't be good at it.

What's next? Swimmers versus tenissers?
I doubt a swimmer could last 5 seconds on a tennis court!
$

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 04:41:28 AM »
rugby is brutal many yanks who watch it are amazed that they dont wear protection etc. lots of players are 270lbs etc

also take jonah lomu for example, over 18 stone at his peak and could do 100m in 10.6 seconds. now thats an athlete. pure power speed everything. plus im sure the biggest guys in NFL couldnt chase a guy 60 yards

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 10:00:09 AM »
Rugby is the toughest team sport in the world. The punishment their bodies take is ridiculous. Top players sometimes have as many as TWO games a week. The emphasis is on speed and explosive power - not being a musclebound fairy in a suit of armour ::)

That little diddy might just rival your "my girlfriend wants to fukk my ass with a strapon" quote as the stupidest thing ever posted on this forum.  ::)