Author Topic: another solution to iraq  (Read 834 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
another solution to iraq
« on: January 11, 2007, 10:44:34 PM »
i have heard two very interesting ideas on what to do over there in iraq. 

1. Iraq as a whole is already lost. To salvage our loss pull out all of our troops from Iraq except leave a presence behind with our only allies in the North of Iraq-the Kurds.  THe Kurds love Americans.  WE can leave enough troops and help to them protect their significant oil and water resorviors from both the other Iraqi's and Turks who would love to kill them all.  We will have a true ally in the Middle East besides Israel, without all the grief associated with Israel.

2. This one is very interesting.   Pull out of Iraq and leave a power vacuum. Let Iran try to come in (they are already indirectly trying to enusre once US leaves they will have the power in Iraq) and take over and have them deal with the bloodbath going on and let them try to govern the Sunnis.  We should even secretly support the Sunni's with limited arms and supplies.  This would bog down Iran and keep her eyes from spreading death to the West and keep resources away from developing more weapons. As we all know the Sunni's are great warriors and know how to fight a guerilla style war against greater numbers. No population likes a war, and this war could drag out sometime between Iran and the sunni iraqi's.  This would undermine the regime in Iran and create more unrest.

A problem with number 2 is that Iranians would have no trouble going in and fighting the insurgents with everything they have, a 'luxury' which politicians over here have so far not given our troops. Only with the Iranians, they would probably use biological and chemical weapons beyond conventional warfare.

I think number 1 is a good option, although most politicians seem to be of the "pull out completely" or the " new stay the course" variety.

I personally feel we should have went in HARD and STRONG right from the beginning with 300+ troops and we would not be where we are today.  I don't know what is gonna happen but I pray politics doesn't stop the US from salvaging something from Iraq (or even winning, if that is possible)
Valhalla awaits.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: another solution to iraq
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 10:49:23 PM »
iran will become a superpower if it comes in and takes over.  imagine them selling iraq's oil to china to piss us off. 

they'll slaughter half the population (iranians hate the sunnis, correct?), take the oil, and sell it.  Then we'll be invading them next to make sure they don't cripple us economically.

Bush is gonna stall and surge for 2 more years, then the person who takes over next is gonna get the credit for *losing* the war when he brings home the survivors.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: another solution to iraq
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 11:39:44 PM »
i have heard two very interesting ideas on what to do over there in iraq. 

1. Iraq as a whole is already lost. To salvage our loss pull out all of our troops from Iraq except leave a presence behind with our only allies in the North of Iraq-the Kurds.  THe Kurds love Americans.  WE can leave enough troops and help to them protect their significant oil and water resorviors from both the other Iraqi's and Turks who would love to kill them all.  We will have a true ally in the Middle East besides Israel, without all the grief associated with Israel.

2. This one is very interesting.   Pull out of Iraq and leave a power vacuum. Let Iran try to come in (they are already indirectly trying to enusre once US leaves they will have the power in Iraq) and take over and have them deal with the bloodbath going on and let them try to govern the Sunnis.  We should even secretly support the Sunni's with limited arms and supplies.  This would bog down Iran and keep her eyes from spreading death to the West and keep resources away from developing more weapons. As we all know the Sunni's are great warriors and know how to fight a guerilla style war against greater numbers. No population likes a war, and this war could drag out sometime between Iran and the sunni iraqi's.  This would undermine the regime in Iran and create more unrest.

A problem with number 2 is that Iranians would have no trouble going in and fighting the insurgents with everything they have, a 'luxury' which politicians over here have so far not given our troops. Only with the Iranians, they would probably use biological and chemical weapons beyond conventional warfare.

I think number 1 is a good option, although most politicians seem to be of the "pull out completely" or the " new stay the course" variety.

I personally feel we should have went in HARD and STRONG right from the beginning with 300+ troops and we would not be where we are today.  I don't know what is gonna happen but I pray politics doesn't stop the US from salvaging something from Iraq (or even winning, if that is possible)

We cannot leave any kind of a power vacuum there, to do so would invite china and/or russia into the fray, and we do NOT want that to happen, trust me. There is a ton of oil in the area, I'm sure at the mo we benefit from the fact that russia has a lot of oil already, but china man don't tempt them. If it was only Iran in the area china woudl sweep in with a quickness. I'm quite sure within 25 years you will see china start taking an agressive stance like we do, unless we develop some new kind of energy that is not oil reliant.